Sussex

Cindy Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun :smth023
"Thick As Shit"

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Sussex on February 11, 2008, 11:44:09

I LOVE Cyndi! That (embarassing moment) used to be my favorite song. I sure got stares marching through the hallways in 5th grade singing that out loud (me being a lad and all)...

Don't tell anyone! LOL  :lol:

Embarassing past aside, I am now listening to the OST for "THE TERMINATOR". Great score by Brad Fiedel.

japanesebaby

Amoeba: Watchful

Amoeba is the result of a multi-decade collaboration between ambient composer Robert Rich and multi-instrumentalist Rick Davies.

...music for life-weary somnanbulists. Embracing the meloncholy that lingers just beyond the thin veil of hope, the songs on Watchful linger in the netherworld of sinking memory and damaged dreams...

i like this!:

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/amoeba-watchful/hifi_play

CTL: 'footless'
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Quote from: Carnage Visor on February 11, 2008, 23:56:18
Quote from: Sussex on February 11, 2008, 11:44:09

I LOVE Cyndi! That (embarassing moment) used to be my favorite song. I sure got stares marching through the hallways in 5th grade singing that out loud (me being a lad and all)...

I think I may have mentioned this before...but Cyndi is a hockey mom now.  Her son plays travel hockey and is an age group below my kid.  However, the cool thing is that their team has been at 2 different tournaments that my team has been at.  It is always strange to me to look up in the stands and see her standing there watching her son's game!

Steve

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 13, 2008, 11:19:13
Amoeba: Watchful

Amoeba is the result of a multi-decade collaboration between ambient composer Robert Rich and multi-instrumentalist Rick Davies.

...music for life-weary somnanbulists. Embracing the meloncholy that lingers just beyond the thin veil of hope, the songs on Watchful linger in the netherworld of sinking memory and damaged dreams...

i like this!:

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/amoeba-watchful/hifi_play

CTL: 'footless'

I have this also. I guess from the same place ;)
It is very nice & calming.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

Quote from: j on February 13, 2008, 13:29:23

I think I may have mentioned this before...but Cyndi is a hockey mom now.  Her son plays travel hockey and is an age group below my kid.  However, the cool thing is that their team has been at 2 different tournaments that my team has been at.  It is always strange to me to look up in the stands and see her standing there watching her son's game!

I went thru a stage when i wanted to look like Cyndi Lauper, you know, pink hair and shaved on the other side..nose piercing,..  :smth020
my mum would have kicked me out of home, quicker than she did when I dyed my hair blue/black after turning 'Goth' after discovering The Cure..  :smth011

say hello to her for my cheated childhood!!  :-D

BTW Jeff... my son had his face split open playing hockey last year, as well as other injuries... i hate that he loves this sport so much!!  :smth100
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Cyndi holds bad memories for me.
I used to have my NAD3020 amp beside my bed & every night I'd put all my loose change on top of it.
My (then) GF decided one evening to play She's So Unusual & I thought it was too quiet.
So being a man (ie. very stupid) I turned it up to max & there was a flash & a smoke plume from the amp & then.....silence.
6pence in copper coins had dropped in through the vent & shorted the thing out :shock:
Cost me 80 quid to fix it. :evil:
Time After Time still gets me though (but that was another GF....)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Hero

Mint Royale - Blue Song

I don't like the song too much but i saw the video first and its a really cool video :smth023
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOMO8W_SIxE

Carnage Visor

I was jamming out to some CRASS (even though I don't agree with their statements much...) and I really like their style. It's really fun stuff, to pogo-around to, it's like the definition of punk rock for me (what I think of in my head when I hear the words "Punk"...that fast, upbeat stuff with the thick british vocals)

I actually might like them better than The Clash, and it was the tune "BATA MOTEL" from their album PENIS ENVY that sold me...Such power! :rocker

"I've got 54321,
I've got a red pair of high-heels on,
Tumble me over, it doesn't take much,
Tumble me over, tumble me, push!
"

Great, just great. 8)

Janko

Quote from: Carnage Visor on February 13, 2008, 21:06:57
I was jamming out to some CRASS  ...  I actually might like them better than The Clash   

AH, THE AGES I SPENT DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC
I USED TO ADORE CRASS IN MY TEEN YEARS
NOW, I'D SAY THE CLASH ARE GODS WHILE CRASS ARE JUST FREAKS

:-D

robiola

CLT a Jimi Hendrix compilation my husband made for me.
Right now I'm stuck on Castles Made of Sand -- I love that song. :smth020

Janko

Carnage Visor

Quote from: Janko on February 14, 2008, 01:03:56
THE AGES I SPENT DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC
I USED TO ADORE CRASS IN MY TEEN YEARS
NOW, I'D SAY THE CLASH ARE GODS WHILE CRASS ARE JUST FREAKS

:-D

Maybe, but freaks with really catchy beats and catchy lyrics!  ;)

Joe