Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

1989 was such a good year (and i don't mean just because of 'disintegration')...

mötley crüe: kickstart my heart :smth035

:P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 17, 2008, 01:44:11
1989 was such a good year (and i don't mean just because of 'disintegration')...

Yeah, The Crue  :smth023

But let's see what else 1989 had to offer...

Rockin' in the Free World

You want more classic Neil?  Try these on for size.

Like a Hurricane  :rocker

The Needle and the Damage Done

Down by the River

Throw Your Hatred Down

Okay, the last one isn't really "classic" Young, but it's a live performance featuring two of my favorite singers/songwriters/musicians and it's fu*king excellent.   :smth020

(off to find my Mirror Ball CD)

alt.end

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 17, 2008, 05:50:51
Quote from: japanesebaby on November 17, 2008, 01:44:11

Yeah, The Crue  :smth023

yeah it's all in the name: the definite article + letters c, e, r, u in random order.

i'm really regretting i didn't go to see neil young some months back. i skipped going because the ticket prices were just so high 8as always). a shame i had to pass.

Okay, the last one isn't really "classic" Young, but it's a live performance featuring two of my favorite singers/songwriters/musicians and it's fu*king excellent.   :smth020

actually i think i never heard/saw that before, thanks for the link.

japanesebaby

yeah lets' see...

CLT
skid row: 18 and life  :rocker

(i used to have that on vinyl which i bought back in '89 the week it was released (hehe :P) but it must have gotten lost at some point, can't find it anymore - damn.)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 17, 2008, 21:07:46
i'm really regretting i didn't go to see neil young some months back. i skipped going because the ticket prices were just so high 8as always). a shame i had to pass.

actually i think i never heard/saw that before, thanks for the link.

Neil always puts on a great show, be it solo, with Crazy Horse, Pearl Jam, or some hand-picked musicians.  It is a shame you had to pass  :(  But yes, his ticket prices were crazy high this tour.  I went to a show on the first leg, splurged on got a close seat.  He just came back through, but I opted to sit that one out due to the costly tickets.  Looked to be a fantastic gig.

(I'd put the links for both recordings up on dime only the site is down). 

One of these days I'll get my ass to a Bridge School Benefit show.  Good cause, good tunes, and always a stellar list of musicians.   

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 17, 2008, 21:10:34

yeah lets' see...

CLT

(i used to have that on vinyl which i bought back in '89 the week it was released (hehe :P) but it must have gotten lost at some point, can't find it anymore - damn.)

Ah, another band I saw back in the day.  Yeah, they supported G'n'R on the tour just before Use Your Illusions hit the shelves.  Axl only kept us waiting 30 or so minutes that night. HA!  :lol:  I seem to recall Sebastian Bach quite frequently used his microphone as a phallus and was doing some rather suggestion "things" with it  :roll:  Other than that, a pretty good show. 

crowbi_wan

Getting back on track here...

CLT: The Cure, Us or Them from San Francisco '04  :smth078 (quickly fast forwards to A Night Like This and then Push with The Figurehead on Deck)

tigermilk

Pale Saints
Slow Buildings

great album  :smth023

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 18, 2008, 04:06:45
Quote from: japanesebaby on November 17, 2008, 21:10:34

yeah lets' see...

CLT

Ah, another band I saw back in the day.  Yeah, they supported G'n'R on the tour just before Use Your Illusions hit the shelves.  Axl only kept us waiting 30 or so minutes that night. HA!  :lol:  I seem to recall Sebastian Bach quite frequently used his microphone as a phallus and was doing some rather suggestion "things" with it  :roll:  Other than that, a pretty good show. 

Skid Row...Saw them around 91 or 92 with Pantera as the opening act.  WHat a killer show!

crowbi_wan

Continuing with 1989...

The Pixies, from Doolittle: Tame :smth020

japanesebaby

crowbi_wan

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 18, 2008, 18:31:27
Continuing with 1989...

RHCP: Mothers Milk

Ah, back when the Peppers were a funk band  :rocker 

Knock Me Down

If you see me getting mighty
If you see me getting high
Knock me down
I'm not bigger than life
It's so lonely when you don't even know yourself

alt.end

japanesebaby

nothing (i do mean nothing) beats good blues - one of the best ever:

since i've been loving you

Everybody trying to tell me that you didn't mean me no good.
I've been trying, Lord, let me tell you, Let me tell you I really did the best I could.
I've been working from seven to eleven every night, I said It kinda makes my life a drag.
Lord, that ain't right...
Since I've Been Loving You, I'm about to lose my worried mind...