Disintegration memories by Roger

Started by Ulrich, December 28, 2009, 14:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Very nice write-up by Roger about the writing/recording of Disintegration back in 1988-1989 (plus the making of the videos), complete with good pics!  :D
http://www.rogerodonnell.com/disintegrationmemories.html
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

danny999911

Great read, but at the bottom it says
Quote'Do not copy or link to this page unless I have given you permission.'
so apparently you are breaking the law, but i've never heard of a law that says you can't post links!

Ulrich

OMG, been trying to spread the word about Roger's memories page and all of a sudden I'm a criminal.  :shock:  :-D
Well, I just hope Roger will forgive me. If not, the moderators should feel free to remove the link.

danny999911

Well there's nothing he can do, linking isn't illegal, and why would he not want people to hear about something he posted for everyone to see?

dsanchez

Thanks Ulrich por passing the link!

That's nice of Roger, to share all this info. However the disclaimer "Do not copy or link to this page unless I have given you permission" is absolutely ridiculous. How are we supossed to get to this page? Unless we're usual readers of rogerodonnell.com there's no way to find out about this, not to mention Google, Yahoo and the other search engines bots, who will add this page to their search results, which means a link to this page.

Aside of this, this document is really valuable.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ofthedeepgreensea

haha, i've wondered the same thing.  maybe he really doesn't want anyone to read it or something, god knows why :p
"it's just the way i smile," you said..

nevyn

maybe because of the bandwidth limit? :P just kidding ;)

there will be at least two translations of these memories. I received permission for doing it for www.thecure.pl and I know that monghi is also working on Slovakian page.

Ulrich

Maybe he wants it only be seen by Cure fans and not everyone.  ;)
Good to know he gave permission for translations. I found the link on chainofflowers blog, guess it's okay to copy it to a Cure fan forum.

ofthedeepgreensea

is that enforceable in any way?  or did he just make up that rule?

not that i mind, just curious.
"it's just the way i smile," you said..

japanesebaby

Quote from: ofthedeepgreensea on December 29, 2009, 00:43:12maybe he really doesn't want anyone to read it or something

yeah, i don't want anyone ever reading this -> i put it on internet! lol  :lol:

anyway, some interesting reading there, a lot of it.

somehow strange to read that the atmosphere was so bad during the filming of 'pictures of you' video.

The Fire?

We were all in the dining room eating dinner, Robert didn't save anything it was all lost. Well apparently not as you can read above.

that's interesting. if roger is correct then robert was always lying (once again), often telling the story how they saved the lyrics forming a human chain, covering their faces with wet towels and how the firemen were really angry at them riskig their lives like that once they arrived.

looking forward to hear "aother delirious night" on the deluxe cd...

thanks for the link!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

danny999911

Quote from: ofthedeepgreensea on December 29, 2009, 17:04:57
is that enforceable in any way?  or did he just make up that rule?

Nope, there's no law to say people can't link, as long as whatever is on the page is legal. He hasn't even changed his robots.txt file on his websever, so he is allowing search engines to index and search it. (Search Disintegration memories and there it is)

Whiskers

Interesting read from one of my favorite members of the band and a musician I look up to. It was sad at times to read about poor Lol

Janko

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 30, 2009, 01:50:08
anyway, some interesting reading there, a lot of it. 

Yeah, I think for me this diary article is the biggest thing since Join The Dots. Its such a shame that Roger didn't get permission to turn it into a book!!!
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Ulrich

He didn't get permission for a book? Did he want to turn it into a book?  :?
It's a great article, but seeing Roger is busy making his own music and helping others making music, I can't see him writing a book about "Disintegration". Maybe he could write a book about his time in the Cure (or an autobiography), but I don't see how anyone should stop him from this?

Janko

Quote from: Ulrich on January 07, 2010, 17:02:37
He didn't get permission for a book? Did he want to turn it into a book?  

Yes, there was this tweet or FB post by Roger where he cited some "powers" that were against him turning all this into a book... It was in December I think so look up. Maybe because there's some other book in the making or something...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason