Robert Smith Covers "Very Good Advice" on Alice in Wonderland OST

Started by dsanchez, January 12, 2010, 23:04:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: Janko on February 13, 2010, 17:53:39
I admire that it reminded me of The Top or HOTD b-sides, but still, it doesn't get into my ear...

It reminds me of no Cure stuff at all. It sounds like Robert Smith singing a typical "showtune" accompanied by a bit electronic stuff in the background.
Not exceptional, but okay to my ears.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Quote from: Lady on February 06, 2010, 16:24:34
OMG it sounds great!!!! :smth020 :smth049 :smth055

Thanks Trust, Robert sings so lovely!!! :smth007

Your welcome ;)

The sad news is that there shall no movie here in Belgium :( , conflict with Disney (they want to release it after 3 months already on DVD) in Italy also?

Lady

Quote from: Trust... on February 26, 2010, 23:15:04

Your welcome ;)

The sad news is that there shall no movie here in Belgium :( , conflict with Disney (they want to release it after 3 months already on DVD) in Italy also?
Sad news! :(
Luckily in italy there's no problem...on sunday I will go to see it, can't wait! :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Trust...

Lucky you  :( There's no more news ... as it is now, there will be no Alice In Belgium-Wonderland  :cry:
Have fun and have a look for me too oké  ;)

Quote from: Lady on March 01, 2010, 10:30:38
Quote from: Trust... on February 26, 2010, 23:15:04

Your welcome ;)

Sad news! :(
Luckily in italy there's no problem...on sunday I will go to see it, can't wait! :roll:

Trust...

Yes the conflict is solved  :smth026

Alice in Belgium-Wonderland is coming  :-D

Trust...

I was reading on Facebook that there is no Robert Smith song "Very Good Advice" in the whole movie  :shock:

hmmm Tim Burton  :D - Johnny Depp  :D - no Robert Smith  :( - but still worth to see it I think  ;)

skellington

Just saw the movie, it was great! Tim Burton always delivers :smth023 I also just got the soundtrack, its nice to hear Robert's voice so clear and crisp. :smth020
If anyone else saw the movie, did anyone catch what the Mad Hatter whispered to Alice at the end? I didn't quite understand it....
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Trust...

Quote from: skellington on March 06, 2010, 02:20:39
If anyone else saw the movie, did anyone catch what the Mad Hatter whispered to Alice at the end? I didn't quite understand it....

Coming sunday I go to watch it, I will let you know  ;)

japanesebaby

i kind of like the arrangement of the song quite a lot, all the weirdness and funny sounds there. strangely, the thing i like the least is robert's vocal performance. i think it would be even better if he didn't try so hard too, if he just sang the song.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

DroidAKov

I agree entirely

Unfortunately I've come to expect this 'style' of over singing Cure recording wise over the last while.

I was pleasantly surpised I also enjoyed this film - the 1st Burton film I've liked for years.