2009.02.26 London - O2 Arena 'The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Well, I was checking some info in the web and, unfortunately, I won't go.

As a peruvian citizen I need a visa to travel to the UK. The resident permit I have only allows me to travel within the "Schengen zone", which means that I can travel freely with this permit in the following EU countries:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden;

and the following non-EU countries: Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.

But not the UK :P

I could apply for the visa, but I need to pay 70 euro for the application plus my time in the embassy.

I better wait for The Cure to give some concerts in one of these Schengen countries :D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Plainsong

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on January 13, 2009, 22:14:08
I'm going!! I just decided last week. Can't wait!!

Right on.  Have a great time, Plainsong.   :smth023  We expect a full report upon your return.  ;)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

alt.end

Plainsong

I'll do what I can, guys! I don't have a cell phone but I'll be with people who do so maybe we can work out sending back a few messages before/during the show. And afterwards, once I'm back home, I'll tell all!
I'm so excited. I didn't think I'd see the Cure again for a long time after Atlanta last year so this is going to be such a gift.

alt.end

don't worry about the videos, pics and set list would be fine. and any comments/ curiosities  :smth023

M

I'll be there. Arriving to London the 25th. It will be awesome. My first cure event ever. I've been waiting for so long   :smth010 :smth007 :smth081

Plainsong

Turns out several of our party have cell phones and don't mind texting so probably the setlist and a few pics are a GO!
Also we'll be waiting in line for standing room for a long time so can send reports from there, not that they'll be very interesting...;)

Dillinger

Long shot here, but does anyone have standing tickets coming their way and want to swap for seats?

othervoices

Per NME:

Franz Ferdinand have completed the line-up for the 2009 Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig.

The Scots will play ahead of The Cure's full 90-minute set at the 02 Arena in London on February 26.

Crystal Castles and White Lies are also on the bill.

The show takes place the day after this year's Shockwaves NME Awards ceremony, which is being held at Brixton Academy, and will see The Cure crowned as 2009 Godlike Geniuses.

Speaking about joining the Big Gig bill, Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos told NME.COM: "We've always fancied playing the Millennium Dome and it's great to share the stage with The Cure - one of the greatest British bands of the last 30 years."

nausearockpig

"Godlike Geniuses" hmmm. didn't Jane's Addiction win that last year?
Don't get me wrong... ah I can't be bothered...

dsanchez

I just updated the first post of this topic with the list of confirmed curefans.com members going to this show (if someone is missing please let me know by sending me a private message)

If anyone knows of a good place for a meeting prior the concert please suggest it very soon. Concert is around the corner!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cure

Quote from: M on January 15, 2009, 12:05:41
I'll be there. Arriving to London the 25th. It will be awesome. My first cure event ever. I've been waiting for so long   :smth010 :smth007 :smth081

haha
i'm arrivin in London same day as well, haha
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]