2019.08.10 Göteborg - Slottsskogen Park (Sweden) 'Way Out West'

Started by dsanchez, February 01, 2019, 14:43:17

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Just bought my ticket :)

I'll be at Oya Festival (Oslo) for the 7th August, then an easy 3hr train ride to Way Out West (Gothenburg) for the 9th August.

Anyone else going!?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

word_on_a_wing

Arrived in Göteborg via train just now, in the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed in 😬

Looks like a nice city though.
I've gotta say I loved the atmosphere in Norway so if Sweden is similar I'm looking forward to it :)

MeltingMan

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on August 08, 2019, 22:15:00Arrived in Göteborg via train just now, in the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed in 😬

That means: no I**A furniture, right? 😄👌🏻
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

word_on_a_wing

SueC

The buildings look nice, @word_on_a_wing - a little more classical than Federation Square! ;)

Are you trying that half-rotten Scandinavian herring specialty?

Have fun at the concert!  :)
SueC is time travelling

word_on_a_wing

word_on_a_wing

Stage at 5pm

Gosh it's hot around the stage sand people are already staking out spots (5hrs before The Cure). I'm gonna take it easy today, chill out in the nearby trees

word_on_a_wing

Whoops, wrong pic. Gosh I wish that's the stage they were playing on lol (tiny intimate show :)

Here's the right photo:
Stage at 5pm

word_on_a_wing

I just went to see Stereolab. I hadn't heard much of their stuff before, it was pretty awesome.. Stereolab

word_on_a_wing

word_on_a_wing

A quick reflection on tonight's show:

It was great, and I certainly don't want any of my following views to throw that fact into question. The sound was great, and they played to perfection.

For the festival itself, as an audience member I didn't 'gel' with the atmosphere as much here.  Oslo felt like a creative, laid back crowd. Here in Göteborg it seemed like most people seemed to be 20-something, and looked like they were ready to hit the clubs (they certainly liked the pop hits best in the setlist). Perhaps the schedule of musicians had something to do with the type of crowd, as there was predominantly popular dance sort of music throughout the day.
The Cure were great, which I don't need to discuss further given the livestream happened right? So you can see for yourselves.  (Hopefully someone will upload onto YT I'd love to watch it back). Again the highlights for me were FTEOTDGS through to Disintegration. (I would have paid and queued up just to see that portion alone.) I was a bit disappointed the setlist was shorter, and particularly that Primary and 39 weren't played.

That's my final show for now as my European holiday is coming to an end. I hope they return to Australia so I see them again :)

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on August 10, 2019, 01:37:25That's my final show for now as my European holiday is coming to an end.

Well I hope you enjoyed your trip and it was worth the effort after all! :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Sure was Ulrich :)
These shows were pretty close to where I was (Paris) so it was pretty easy to add these shows in  (travelling between countries here in Europe is similar in distance/time to travelling between cities in Australia!)
Plus I got to see Norway and Sweden for the first time :)

SueC

I hope you got to try Kavli (AKA Finn Crisp), which is a wonderful Scandinavian sourdough rye crispbread, so much better than Ryvita!  It's much more expensive over here.  Have a safe trip back! :)
SueC is time travelling