2019.07.11 Algés - Passeio Maritimo de Algés (Portugal) 'Nos Alive'

Started by dsanchez, October 29, 2018, 11:12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

tzare

I think it is okay as you do not disturb others by blocking their view, in the end there are a lot of questionable behaviours in live concerts, especially in these big festivals that seem to be a huge party instead of a place to enjoy music.
It also depends on how often you can afford/enjoy the bands you like, and everyone (almost) wants to have some kind of 'souvenir' of being there, so if you can see them often, you don't care that much, but I've only been 4 times to Cure concerts, 2 when i was younger and cameras where analogic, so i have 0 memories from those, and when i saw them in 2008 i took 2-3 pictures that , well, blurry as hell, from the distance. So last time, 2016, i took my camera and my smartphone and took a few quality pictures, and recorded 2-3 songs, especially the upbeat ones, where people go mad anyway (jumping and singing so you really can't even hear Bob's voice, Friday i'm in love and ones like that)
I will probably do the same next time, it may be the last one. However i always try to have the camera or smartphone low enough, close to my chest or face,  so i do not disturb anyone.

Ulrich

Quote from: tzare on July 16, 2019, 12:23:42I think it is okay as you do not disturb others by blocking their view, in the end there are a lot of questionable behaviours in live concerts, especially in these big festivals that seem to be a huge party instead of a place to enjoy music.

That is true... I don't go to big festivals because of that. I wanna hear some good music, but so many bands playing all day gets too much for me...(and then seeing people who obviously are not there for the music, but for the drinking, camping, whatever...)!

Quote from: tzare on July 16, 2019, 12:23:42However i always try to have the camera or smartphone low enough, close to my chest or face,  so i do not disturb anyone.

That's very kind of you and that's how it should be done!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

x-phile

Celebrating The Cure

After Hyde Park The Cure continue celebrating their 40th anniversary in Europe Festivals and one of them took place in Lisbon, Portugal on 11th July 2019.
Every time I attend a Cure Show it special in some way... For me this show was very special in many ways...
It was time to celebrate 30 years of my first Cure show that took place in Lisbon too during The Prayer Tour. At that time that was only possible because my older brother took me with him to attend. And this time was time to "payback" so I took him with me to pay my tribute to him for the infection of this disease that is The Cure. It was very special, very emotional to relive our passion for the band again together in a live Cure show.
It was time to celebrate with some friends that we first met in that show back in 89, and that became our Cure Friends over the years and shows after.
It was time to celebrate Hyde Park show too because it was out on big screen that same day. It was one show that I and many other Cure Friends attend to celebrate our passion for The Cure.
Simply, it was Celebration Time... Celebration Life... Celebrating The Cure!