Who are you? Introduce yourself here!

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:37:25

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

Welcome to the site!  :D

It seems that so many Cure fans are young, which is odd to me considering how long the band has been around. I always wonder why you don't see more fans that are closer to the age of the band members. I'm sure there are plenty out there, but they must be "lurking in the shadows" as Robert once said...

The Cure's music is truly universal. It appeals to people of all ages, languages, and ethnic backgrounds. I know a lady who is 50 and is OBSESSED with The Cure. She thinks Robert is sooooo hot. It's really funny to hear her go on and on about him. Sometimes she even gets explicit about it...  :oops:  I am friends with her daughter who is a few years younger than me, and she is also a big fan. And yes, she is also hot for ol' Bob.   :lol:

heixiao

Hi Rick, welcome to curefans !!

Feel free to post and i hope the best for your T-Shirt !! (It looks interesting!).

:D  :D
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

boneheadhaggar

welcome Rick, keep trying ebay for your t-shirt, you never know :D
its nice to be nice

JavKiss

Yes it is nice to see a mixture of all ages at the cure shows, I've been a fan since 1986 almost 20 years, I'm now 40 ("39" was a good year and song), A great band will always have fans, and if a band can attrack a younger generation, that seems to never go out of style, that makes a band great, It makes me proud to see younger people get into the cure, it brings me back to the first time I heard them, I remember it well, it was the head on the door, and I was like WOW! I never heard anything like this before, I really like guitar based songs and in the 80's it was a lot of cheezy pop synths songs, that made the head on the door a refreshing pleasure to listen too, Thank you all for the great downloads, me collection is getting bigger, And when I come across some good stuff, I will post here, Javkiss

Beesley Wytchboy

I think the band attract younger fans because adolesence is a turbulent time and they have a song or album to match every mood brought on by it i.e desolation - the Drowning man, extreme joy - Push, Anger and Violence - 100 years or Fight, Introspection - to wish Impossible things, Youthfull Nihilistic energy - So What and M.........the list goes on!

Luke x :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

DontMoove

Hello,
thanks to Caley, I discover this forum... My nickname is DontMoove, my real first name is Jean-Philippe, I am 35 years old and married. I am fan since 83 or 84 when i first saw let's go to bed video clip. My first cure show was Orange 86 that was an adventure and a real good time. I live near to Lille in France. I will try in future to open a site to upload things or to upload in someone else space... when i will get "things" again...

I am very happy to be here... :D  :D  :D
JP

bartabas

Bienvenue ? toi Dontmoove, tu verras on se sent bien ici :wink:

lostflower4

Hello Jean-Philippe, I have seen you around before. Welcome to the site, it is a great pleasure to have you here.  :D

P.S. I am envious of everyone who was lucky enough to see "Orange" live! :wink:

Tristan Berlin

Bienvenue Jean-Philippe. Hope you will enjoy this forum.  :lol:
I'm sure you will love it....

Cheers, Tr#

Beesley Wytchboy

Hiya its good to meet you!

Wow i am jealous of u being at orange......Well done! :D

Luke x :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

agusramirez

Hey Phillipe, Your first show was In Orange, that's really great, you're the first one I know who was at that gig.

Welcome and share your Cure knowledge whith all the forum...

Regards from Mexico.

AR

Tof

bienvenue a toi , You are right Caley Orange show is so good....
Tof

dsanchez

Hey you...I am SO ENVIOUS....

Do you know I would GIVE EVERYTHING in my life for have been in your place, in such wonderful date-venue-time and with the most wonderful band of all the times?

...I wish I was there!!!... But I was only a 9 years-old boy... everytime I watch this show and everytime I wish so much to have been there. I would exchange my soul just for being there in front of the guys screaming GO GO GO GO PUSH HIM AWAY!.

I want to turn back the time!!!!   :shock:

Quote from: DontMooveHello,
thanks to Caley, I discover this forum... My nickname is DontMoove, my real first name is Jean-Philippe, I am 35 years old and married. I am fan since 83 or 84 when i first saw let's go to bed video clip. My first cure show was Orange 86 that was an adventure and a real good time. I live near to Lille in France. I will try in future to open a site to upload things or to upload in someone else space... when i will get "things" again...

I am very happy to be here... :D  :D  :D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

sandy

hello I'm new, my name is sandy, from mexico, I have 29 years old, I love the cure, sorry my english is very bad  :(
Me encanta the cure casi es la unica banda que escucho desde hace cerca de 13 a?os y quiero hacer amigos con este mismo gusto.

sandy... wish :D