Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

What I can say to this, is: "we're all gonna die, so let's get high"!  :winking_tongue

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

...call that a song???

Here's a song...  :1f632:  :-D

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Not a song (as no-one sings):

Quote from: SueC on September 29, 2020, 16:14:48Here's a song...  :1f632: 

Uh-oh, he better stick to his acting (i.e. I don't like his "singing" much)!  :1f632:
But then again, I can't stand Dr House any more (too many episodes following the same "scheme").

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on September 29, 2020, 19:43:57Not a song (as no-one sings):

Very nice. :cool

Now here's a song because people are actually singing, but it's a very BAAAAAD song.  Just to show what bad singing actually looks like...

...and Brett sends you this artist, with kind regards:

Quote from: Ulrich on September 29, 2020, 19:43:57Uh-oh, he better stick to his acting (i.e. I don't like his "singing" much)!  :1f632:

Dear Ulrich, perhaps you need to mail order yourself a new pair of ears.  :angel  Brett and I have the album, and very much enjoy it - the above track is just a bit of fun, but there's some really lovely stuff on it - as well as terribly outrageous stuff, which some blues standards are... OMG the lyrics - no sense of personal responsibility at all in some of them, and just "poor-me"... :lol:  But Mr Laurie was singing and tinkling at his piano well before he was acting...

Quote from: undefinedBut then again, I can't stand Dr House any more (too many episodes following the same "scheme").

The first two or three seasons were good, we thought.  Then the medical propositions went off the cliff, and as you say, things began to really repeat.  The second-last season was God-awful...  :1f631:  :1f635:  :1f62b:
SueC is time travelling

SueC

And now we all need an antidote:

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on September 30, 2020, 00:24:28Mr Laurie was singing and tinkling at his piano well before he was acting...

That's good for him and maybe for you and Brett, but I'm not interested in his "singing". :1f633:

Ulrich

Many say he can't sing, but he's not that bad after all...

Ulrich

Fits the mood today...

SueC

I've had this one on before, but here it is again... suited today.

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

If you like that Loreena McKennitt track, you should also like this one:

Ulrich

Just how could I resist a kiss that don't exist?
If you want and feel a need to call
You know my name
My address hasn't changed at all and I'm still the same

Ulrich

New song by TV Smith, album "Lockdown Holiday" will be released in November!  :happy

SueC

Eeeeexcellent!!!  :smth023  :smth023  :smth023   Wunderbar:beaming-face  Wonderbra:angel

The really sad thing is, there's so many clowns around at the moment this song could be applied to, apart from The Most Obvious Clown Of Them All.   :1f631:

Oh, and TV Smith sounds so much like Mike Scott I wonder if they're time-sharing a set of vocal cords... not to mention a conscience, world view etc...

So, here's and old one but a good one, to go with the general mood, and I found a clip someone made for it, which shows so well the side that's never paraded around in the national narratives, yet is the reality of so many...  :smth011

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

word_on_a_wing

Here are two very good songs from Australia, and I'm curious if people in other countries have ever heard them:

This song gives me chills, so beautiful...

And a completely different vibe. I have faint memories of seeing this band live in the 90s...
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."