"CURE MOVIE" - Who Would You Cast?

Started by Carnage Visor, September 26, 2007, 21:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: Siouxsie_ on September 28, 2007, 14:39:36
although Robert did bear a slight resemblance to Ben Affleck circa Seventeen Seconds. :-/

WHAAAAAAAAT? ??????

ben affleck playing robert = GAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! may god protect us from something as embarrassingly awful as that ever happening.

(@CV: definitely no offense dude but since i sometimes do feel it's better to speak frankly than try to camouflage what i'm trying to say...: you just seem to get hurt here in a similar manner, repeatedly, time after time. and nothing bad in that itself, of course not! but try to see it from the others' viewpoint: to be completely honest, i guess sometimes i'm just getting a little bit frustrated about always having to apologize you the same sort of things ok? there's nothing ill will in me saying this, i'm just saying how i feel about it sometimes. it makes me feel bad too, because i feel i always need to apologize to you something with which i never meant anything bad at all. i get frustrated because you seem to misunderstand me in a similar manner time after time, despite the apologies that get written. and being frustrated: please note that that's not the same as getting annoyed at you or starting to ignore you or something - i just mean i feel it's frustrating that you don't seem to believe what i and many others have been saying to you, several times on this board: that we don't intend anything ill towards you. it's simply frustrating because however honest i/we try to be and support you, you seem to doubt us time after time after time. so it makes me want to ask: "what is it that you want us to say then?" - this is what i meant when i said it's hard to please you.
i've tried to write you supportive posts on several other threads (and i did mean what i said in those by the way!), but still here in this thread we did come to this same little confrontation once more. because really, by now you should already know people here don't disagree or make comments on you as a person/your personality, but people here are simply discussing the subjects/topics at hand. changing opinions.
and maybe think of it like this too: surely there're a lot of sensitive people here, hey maybe myself included, so how about that? but however sensitive we were, maybe we just shouldn't let that side come out as the topmost issue time after time. and the only thing i mean by saying that is that it simply might be a lot easier for ourselves if we didn't bring it up front all the time. could be easier. because since it's been all said already...  then why can't we just try to have a little bit faith in each other ok? just some faith.
now i try not to write about/refer to any of these issues anymore. if you think we should discuss this further, please send me a pm. on the board, why don't we talk about the cure instead.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

Dont want a movie,

But i like the idea of 'ROBERTS SECRET COOKING MOMENTS' showing he's favourite foods, and cooking, Sweet idea  : :D

I made a yumi cake for today, and it was enjoyed, turned out nice, sponge chocolate cake, I ended up cutting it in half and adding strawberries and cream in middle, and then used a different icing- white colour with hint lemon juice, was yuummmmii. I only got a little tiny slice though, because i was dissapearing fast, and wanted everyone else to eat more of it than me.

silversand

No, i wouldn't cast anyone, because i don't wan to see a film about the Cure with actors.
The band members are so unique and special, i mean in the way they are. It wouldn't work at all  :)

The secret cooking moments of Robert, that is a nice idea, because i would be interesting to see what's
his favourite food  :)

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on September 29, 2007, 16:29:44
Dont want a movie,

But i like the idea of 'ROBERTS SECRET COOKING MOMENTS' showing he's favourite foods, and cooking, Sweet idea  : :D

I made a yumi cake for today, and it was enjoyed, turned out nice, sponge chocolate cake, I ended up cutting it in half and adding strawberries and cream in middle, and then used a different icing- white colour with hint lemon juice, was yuummmmii. I only got a little tiny slice though, because i was dissapearing fast, and wanted everyone else to eat more of it than me.

:lol:

silversand

lostflower4

Definitely no movie. I can't even begin to think who would play Robert.

Fortunately, I don't think it will ever happen.

Carnage Visor

Japanesebaby, it's not you guys...it's me. I can be erratic sometimes and think irrationally, but only because I am overly suspicious, always alert, never too sure.

Thank you so much for standing up for me and supporting me. Can we start again, please? I'm not always like that...just on my bad days.

Great picture of Robert...where from? :-D

Cure Freak

Quote from: Carnage Visor on September 29, 2007, 21:03:43

Great picture of Robert...where from? :-D
Thanks and glad you love it ROGUE and silversand. :smth001
I made it, using an actual pic of Rob in his kitchen. Did this around a couple years ago.
I added the apron and the other things.
And ROGUE, I have lots of pics of Rob wearing shorts. :-D

shel1971

I think the only way to eroperly documant a band like The Cure would strictly be through actual footage and doing a documentary style movie. There's no way an actor would ever fit the charachter of either Robert (especially) or Simon without some level of uproar from the loyalty fans of this band. Let's face it, we are a tough crowd to please, that's why we're all here and voice our opinions so well! :D
As far as the secret cooking moment, I loved it since I am a pastry chef and cake artist as well. I smile that big when I make something tasty, too. I just don't know if I look as cute in my apron! :-D

shel1971

Quote from: shel1971 on September 30, 2007, 00:37:00
I think the only way to eroperly documant a band like The Cure would strictly be through actual footage and doing a documentary style movie. There's no way an actor would ever fit the charachter of either Robert (especially) or Simon without some level of uproar from the loyalty fans of this band. Let's face it, we are a tough crowd to please, that's why we're all here and voice our opinions so well! :D
As far as the secret cooking moment, I loved it since I am a pastry chef and cake artist as well. I smile that big when I make something tasty, too. I just don't know if I look as cute in my apron! :-D
God, what happened to my spellcheck? Properly and document were the words that were supposed to be in that first line!

Carnage Visor

I wasn't thinking when I made this! It's not like I think someone could pull it off, but I just wanted to know any actors that either LOOK like could play Cure characters, or something like that.

That kind of thing interests me alot. I like to compare things.

Like, there's no way I think they'd ever do a movie, but let's say it'll suck anyway, and just name some actors to play the guys...It's not really a serious topic much

:rocker

Cure Freak

IMO, there are no actors who could  ever portray The Cure.
Even Ben Affleck, one of the worst actors on this planet.

Steve

How about the bl00dy awful Osborne girl playing Mad Bob?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Lady

I choose Johnny Depp as Robert...he has already played a similar role.... ;) :-D

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on September 30, 2007, 12:00:52
How about the bl00dy awful Osborne girl playing Mad Bob?

yesssss! i mean.... NOOOOOOO!  :smth043

(@CV: it's ok dude.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine