What 1 song would you wish to be added to the set list?

Started by word_on_a_wing, June 21, 2019, 15:17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

word_on_a_wing

With the recent setlist being so stable, I start wondering if we may start to see some gradual changes in the live setlist. I'd be interested to hear others thoughts... If you could choose only 1 song you'd like to be added what would it be? (1 song might be a hard choice!)
I'd choose The Top ....I'd LOVE to see this live, I imagine it would be epic!
They were playing it in 2016 but it slipped off the setlist ...why? It's freakin brilliant.
Some footage from 2016 ...

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Rietan

to end the show with FAITH! Now you leave to happy...

dsanchez

I would be happy if they make 'Secrets' a regular one in the live setlist :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

I have little hope that Robert makes last minute changes, but A Letter To Elise is my first choice.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

A Strange Girl

Charlotte Sometimes, 'cause I've always loved this song...makes me wish my name was Charlotte :oops:
...I think you come from another world...

Ulrich

"Jupiter Crash" is one I haven't heard (live) for a long time.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Fire in Cairo, I'd love to have a wee boogie to it
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Mez7000

So far all the previous posts have mentioned songs I'd love to hear live, so the song I would like them to play is 'Give Me It', but with one proviso, special appearance by Pearl on Saxophone!
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

Converge241

Cut

Ive only seen it live once IIRC and does t show up often/at all

Honorable mention to Fear of Ghosts which I would faint I think if I heard

piggymirror

SueC

Quote from: Converge241 on January 07, 2020, 14:30:32Honorable mention to Fear of Ghosts which I would faint I think if I heard

They did that at the Sydney Opera House gig last year, and we saw that on the live stream - the gig is available for viewing (someone want to link it? - it's on YouTube anyway).  It's a fabulous song, and it was supercalifragilistic live. :)  :cool  ...and you know what?  Some android in the press trashed them for including this particular song, and a few others - no taste at all!  :angel

My husband was also over the moon with that live stream to finally see a live performance of Burn.  I liked all of it, even the radio songs I usually pass on (it's OK in the context of a whole gig), and Pirate Ships - I thought that was beautifully sung, and it made my hair stand on end to hear it.   :cool
SueC is time travelling