the first album you ever bought..

Started by scatcat, April 10, 2008, 16:27:41

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

what was the VERY first album that you ever bought? ( with your OWN money)   :smth023

I'm quite intersted in what inspired the music in our souls.. and influences of our  *ahem* youth..

no rules here.. because i guess some albums ( not C.D.'s) may be of The Cure...

so.. tell me .. and why???
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Dont know if it was the first, but I remember buying "Apetit for destruction" from Guns n Roses back in 1990/1991 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

robiola

Cheap Trick -- Live at Budokan , when I was 13 years old.
Haven't thought of that one in a long time! Boy, did I love the track Surrender...

Well, what about you, Scatcat?

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on April 10, 2008, 21:02:25
Dont know if it was the first, but I remember buying "Apetit for destruction" from Guns n Roses back in 1990/1991 8)
Very good choice!!!!!! :smth023

I love that album..imo the best one from guns!!!!! :smth049 :smth049 :smth049

I can't remember the first album I bought, but I suppose it was one from an italian artist... :)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Janko

FEAR OF THE DARK  

BY  IRON MAIDEN

PS
MAYBE THERE WAS SOMETHING BEFORE THAT, BUT THIS WAS A REAL OCCASION...

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

feebee42

There is no end to the stars and the wind.
There is only you yourself,
who aren't who you think you are.

feebee42

Oh, forgot - because they were the first group I ever saw live.
There is no end to the stars and the wind.
There is only you yourself,
who aren't who you think you are.

iwannashagsimon

The soundtrack for The Lost Boys way back in 1987--on vinyl!  Still have it too.:-D

melly

Now this is a real memory tester!! I'm pretty sure I bought a T-REX album. Can't remember the name of of it at the moment, but how I loved Marc Bolan! I was around 13 years old ( a whole lifetime ago!) and my standard dress code was black cord levis, black bubble blouse ( remember them!!), black eyeliner. I'm sure my parents thought "Why can't she like Johnny Farnham, as her friends do??"... but somehow, Sadie The Cleaning Lady just didn't "do" it for for me!! I had a huge poster of Marc Bolan on my wall, with his huge mop of hair, makeup and alluring eyes!! How I cried when he was killed in a car accident. wow, so many memories of so long ago..

"I'm just a vampire for your lo-ah-oh-love, and I'm gunna SUCK ya"...
found that line oddly thrilling... I was only 13 remember!!
" You're my woman of gold and you're not very old ah-ha-ha"...
was, of course, sung for me!!

BTW..if you're thinking "why not the Cure"?... Robert was 11 years old at the time... :shock:
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Sussex

I think its in 1996..

I bought Nirvana Unplugged in New York album. My elder cousin influence me on this.
In my place specifically said, Malaysia..its too hard to find great exposure on international music at that time. Internet was not being used. Thus, to know The Cure or other U K's band at that time is somehow impossible. Thats what i really regret.  :cry:

"Thick As Shit"

scatcat

:-D  okay, here is mine.. after checking my record collection... from 1980..
adam and the ants -kings of the wild frontier.!!  ;)
.. i thought it was hoodoo gurus , but stonage romeos came out in 1984, same year i bought my first Cure album- Concert!!   :smth023

1984 i had started my first part-time job, while still at school, so my money went on music from there... and has never stopped.  :lol:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

haha.. again upon checking my record collection.. i discovered an album from 1979..
michael jackson - off the wall ( when he was still black  :-D)
BUT i am sure I did NOT but this myself...  :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

just veering off topic for a mo... last night, I saw in the tv book that on abc2, there was T-Rex, Born to Boogie concert at 10.30pm. WELL!! Was I excited!
Now, I don't wish to speak ill of the dead BUT it is fair to say that Marc Bolan sounded hideous live. Abysmal, Weak and pathetic. I couldn't believe my ears.
Goes to show how much a studio can improve and embellish  certain artists!!

*PPpFFtTTt* my bubble was burst.... :smth088

" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

My first was Plastic Letters by Blondie.
I think my dad let me buy it as he prolly had a thing for Debbie Harry.
Still, I absolutely adored Presence Dear & the rest of the album was just as good, if not better.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on April 11, 2008, 05:53:51
adam and the ants -kings of the wild frontier.!!  ;)

:smth017 Must have missed that one.
Although I have a vague recollection of a pretty cute guy singing "don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? Goodie two shoes..." who I think was called Adam Ant... any relation?