2008.06.20 New York - Madison Square Garden (USA)*SOLD OUT*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

cure_kitty

Well it's almost the end of the tour.  Hard to believe it just started a little over 5 weeks ago.  Where did the time go!  Enjoy the show tonight to all who are going!   :smth023

j-have fun tonight!  :-D

j

I made it in to the venue.  As expected, I'm pretty far back.  They have 2 hd cameras behind the sbd, and 3 down front between the fence and the stage.  There is a barrier up between the back sections and the front ones...much like hamburg 2002 for those that were there (except there are seats here). The seats on the floor are VERY close together.

j

Just got back to my hotel, and I cannot wait to crash.

Very energetic crowd.  Scary thing....during alot of the singles when everyone was dancing (JLH, LOvesong, Friday, etc), the entire floor shook.  I thought the place was going to collapse!

Still no Faith.  BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! One more show to make it right, Mr. Smith.  One more.  I won't give you any more hints!  :smth011

j

j

One thing I forgot to mention...very international crowd tonight.  I ran into a few members of Mexicure, friends of my friends Edgar and Luis from Mexico City.  Also spoke to 2 girls from France.  A couple behind me were speaking Italian.  2 girls were kissing a couple rows in front of me.  And so were the 2 guys that blocked my view ALL NIGHT.  Why is it that every 6'6" (198cm) person on the planet has to sit right in front of me?

Bloodflower

I'd bet money you guys get Faith tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching the MSG concert on FUSE over and over.

Fourth time over at the moment.

Fairly crappy song selection. But at least we got UTS and BRDB, the latter of which I was unable to really appreciate until tonight. KILLER bass.  :smth020u
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Mad Bob RJS

Great show, it´s so sad that there is only one more show.

:(
...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

sullen

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 21, 2008, 08:02:05

Fairly crappy song selection. But at least we got UTS and BRDB, the latter of which I was unable to really appreciate until tonight. KILLER bass.  :smth020u

yes.
i really disliked the song from the recordings i've heard, but that bassline live, wow.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 21, 2008, 08:02:05
I'd bet money you guys get Faith tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching the MSG concert on FUSE over and over.

Fourth time over at the moment.

The setlist was VERY similar to that from the Hollywood Bowl.  No big surprise there as they should be playing the more obscure stuff tonight. 

sullen

i just want Adagio>OOTW>Want opener tonight, Bloodflowers closing the main and faith closing the encore, don't care what else is played and ill be happy.

olivier

A few pictures from last night:

Underneath the Stars

The Walk

Sleep When I'm Dead

Charlotte Sometimes

The Kiss

Killing An Arab

The COF sign!

crowbi_wan

Quote from: sullen on June 21, 2008, 17:56:14
i just want Adagio>OOTW>Want opener tonight, Bloodflowers closing the main and faith closing the encore, don't care what else is played and ill be happy.

That's what I was predicting. 

OOTW>Want with Bloodflowers closing and either the Faith encore or just Faith.  I'm also thinking Torture, Big Hand, Figurehead, Signal To Noise, Hanging Garden, and How Beautiful you Are.  Maybe the Disintegration encore if they do the BF opener/closer.  Should be a good one tonight. 

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on June 21, 2008, 07:18:36

Very energetic crowd.  Scary thing....during alot of the singles when everyone was dancing (JLH, LOvesong, Friday, etc), the entire floor shook.  I thought the place was going to collapse!

so true and for Lullaby and Wrong Number, also.
great night and lovely concert. loved the back drops(or whatever they are called)and the lighting. got to see the concert, very well, from where i was seated. directly in front of Simon.
while in line, i met, very briefly, with a couple of girls from DOF. one of them, happen to give Rob roses before the 2nd encore.
the only disappointments werer- no Cold and A Perfect Boy. Rob and the basnd seem to be off or not totally withit on the song. it didn't go well, IMO.

and the new songs. it seemed like about 3/4th of the audience didn't even know them. i was the only one around me who was singing the lyrics to them.

thanks olivier for sharing those very nice photos.
:)

silversand

Wonderful pictures olivier! Thanks for posting them  :)

I'm happy you had a wonderful time at the concert Cure Freak :)
Wow, that's great that you were seated directly in front of Simon, lucky girl :)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 21, 2008, 18:57:10
Quote from: sullen on June 21, 2008, 17:56:14

That's what I was predicting. 

OOTW>Want with Bloodflowers closing and either the Faith encore or just Faith.  I'm also thinking Torture, Big Hand, Figurehead, Signal To Noise, Hanging Garden, and How Beautiful you Are.  Maybe the Disintegration encore if they do the BF opener/closer.  Should be a good one tonight. 

From COF:

Soundcheck: The Hanging Garden, Out Of This World, The Holy Hour, Bloodflowers.

Hmmm...I think I might have been onto something with my prediction  8)