Mahoma cartoons

Started by dsanchez, February 14, 2008, 14:24:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Robert Smith introduced the song "Killing an arab" yesterday in Copenhague as "This is for Denmark", probably meaning something to do with Mahoma's cartoons controversia.

What do you think about the bad reaction of (a good part) the muslim world because these simple cartoons of Mahoma?.
Some put fire on embassies and wanted to kill people who draw those cartoons.

My opinion is that those people (who react with anger) are out of their mind. Here in southamerica you can make any cartoon or draw or joke you want and no-one will tell you nothing. Nuts people, really.

Feel free to express here :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on February 14, 2008, 14:24:34

My opinion is that those people (who react with anger) are out of their mind. Here in southamerica you can make any cartoon or draw or joke you want and no-one will tell you nothing. Nuts people, really.

Feel free to express here :smth023
It's simply absurd for me, those people are mad!
And they keep on talking about "respect" for their religion...but where's the respect for OUR religion in what they do?? :smth011
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Hero

It is really crazy. But most of it is caused a few extremists and it gives all muslims a bad name.
There was a British teacher in Sudan who was arrested for letting the children in her class call a teddy Muhammad and she recived death threats. It completley barking mad.
Whats worse is the UK is getting more extreme - some people want Sharia Law introduced over here :shock: i don't think it will ever happen though.
Maybe Robert didn't mean anything by it. Or maybe he thinks its all crazy aswell...

Janko

THE MOST INSANE THING IS THE FACT THAT YOU ARE MOST LIKELY BEING POLITICALLY UNCORRECT BY DEFENDING THE CARTOONISTS...

:-D

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

melly

you know, these extremists DO give muslims a dreadful image, and it appears that they will use ANY excuse to kill someone...I mean, come on, getting so stupidly angry over a cartoon? Guess they don't have a sense of humour...just look how many times Jesus Christ is lampooned...but do Christians go an a rampage and set fire to buildings? nope... to be honest, it gives me the poops when these people carry on like this, it is pathetic and they are lunatics.
I am talking about extremists here....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

dsanchez

Quote from: melly on February 15, 2008, 09:39:20
just look how many times Jesus Christ is lampooned

I just remember the "Last temptation of Christ", where Jesus was portrayed like the biggest coward!...yet, no-one wanted to kill Scorsesse for this, not?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo