Have you had a visit from "the other side?"

Started by melly, November 19, 2007, 09:49:50

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvURobert

Thanks Melly, CureFreak, and Scatcat for your kindness.  I won't dwell on waiting for her to show me "a sign" because then it most likely won't happen.  I will, however, be open to it and smile if it ever does!!

Thanks again!  :smth001
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

Quote from: LuvURobert on November 21, 2007, 20:43:39
Thanks Melly, CureFreak, and Scatcat for your kindness.  I won't dwell on waiting for her to show me "a sign" because then it most likely won't happen.  I will, however, be open to it and smile if it ever does!!

Thanks again!  :smth001

And that, my friend, is the best way to be....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

melly

I want to tell you about what happened to my parents..now, I need to say that my family has never been religious..my parents survived the 2nd world war..my Dad was in the navy on aircraft carriers and was being trained as a marine. My Mum was a childrens' nurse..so they are strong,not really being afraid of whatever may come their way. They were hard working,"straight up" kinda people, not given to flights of fancy...
My parents bought a very old, dilapadated house with the idea to renovate and beautify, as they had done to many homes before. We, their kids, had all married and moved out of the family home. The structural, electrical and plumbing work were done by qualified tradesmen, my Mum and Dad doing all the interior (extremely clever people!). They worked like dogs, and after several months, the house was transformed into a fabulous home. They had removed some doors inside the home, replacing them with arches (except for the bedrooms), Dad had rendered all interior walls (plastering, stippling, then painting them), new tiles in the bathrooms etc.etc. It was truly lovely. However, not long after the completion of the renovation, "things" started to happen. Large pieces of plaster fell off the walls;tiles came off in the bathrooms.(My Dad was a qualified interior/exterior decorator so he knew what he was doing). They fixed those things, only for it to happen elsewhere in the house. THEN things got worse. Walking through the archways into the lounge room, Dad felt a strong "tug" on his arm, like if you catch your jumper on a doorknob. This also happened to my Mum. This happened several times. One night, Mum was in the bathroom, Dad was already in bed, and he said around his head and shoulder area, it became icy cold. All the hair on the back of his neck stood up, and he started to say the "Lords Prayer", he was terrified. Neither Mum or Dad had spoken to each other on what was happening to them individually, fearing the other would think he/she was losing their mind!! We, their children, were not told of these things until much later. Mum and Dad went away on a short holiday, and I had the keys to their house, promising to check on it and collect the mail. I had 2 Dalmatians back then, and when I went to check the place, the youngest dog galloped around the huge garden, whilst the older dog came with me through the house. Well, as soon as we entered, Simone ( the dog) lowered her body, hackles up and started growling! I had no idea why she was doing it at the time. She continued this behaviour all the way through the house,staying right by my side. I didn't say anything to my parents on their return, and thought no more of it. The "crunch" came when, one very hot night, Mum went to sleep in the second bedroom,she opened the door, and in the corner was an "apparition". She yelled out " I know who you are GO AWAY!" Dad came running, wondering what was going on, and it was THEN that they told each other of their experiences. They decided to sell the house,and it sold pretty quickly. Not long after the new people had moved in, Dad received a 'phone call from a very irate man, the new owner, accusing Dad of lying about the electrical wiring being done by a tradesman, as all the lights were turning on and off, all times of the day and night. (!!!) Dad had the original receipt, but also payed for an electrician to go to the house and check the wiring for the new owners. The report came back that the wiring was in perfect working order, and was all brand new, as stated on the contract. The "being" in this house must have started again, as not long after the new owners took over, it was up for sale again! (Mum and Dad kept in contact with the neighbours for a while after they had moved) The next owners had a business, an icecream truck, you know the ones that drive around the streets with music blaring, to sell icecreams to people? Well, he kept all the icecream in big refridgerators in a large shed on the property...and they all broke down, losing all the icecream...
We don't know what has happened since then, it was many years ago. Mum and Dad found out that the original owner of the house was an angry alcoholic who died IN THE HOUSE!! Obviously, he was not happy with the renovations and made it known!!
So, there you go... OoOOo makes me feel creepy all over again!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

LuvURobert

Hi, Melly

Just read your above story about "the house"... and it totally gave me the creeps!!  :shock: That's why I don't think I could live in an old house, unless I knew the history, etc.  I would most likely scare the crap out of myself thinking of mean or scary people who may have died there.  Guess I've seen one too many horror flicks  :oops:

Thanks for sharing and take care!  :smth001
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

Quote from: LuvURobert on December 13, 2007, 04:48:59
Hi, Melly

Just read your above story about "the house"... and it totally gave me the creeps!!  :shock: That's why I don't think I could live in an old house, unless I knew the history, etc.  I would most likely scare the crap out of myself thinking of mean or scary people who may have died there.  Guess I've seen one too many horror flicks  :oops:

Thanks for sharing and take care!  :smth001

This was the first time it had happened to my parents, and they had bought, renovated and sold many old houses...guess it was a case of "bad luck"!!.. my pleasure sharing, and thanks for the nice wishes... :-D

melly

I don't mean to freak anybody out talking about these things...I hope I don't...
here's a nice one; years ago, we had Dalmatians, and they slept in a lovely, large kennel at night, but were allowed inside all the time. One, "Lady" would sneak up to the bedroom and curl up between the pillows..I would catch her,"get DOWN naughtly girl!"..and she would grin ( dalmatians "smile", it's hilarious!) and scamper down the hallway. Now, this lovely girl developed severe epilepsy, we tried everything, but she got much worse, and eventually, we had to have her put to sleep. Heartbroken, I felt so guilty, as she was such a great dog, so full of mischief and life.
One night, friends were over with their little boy, and he was becoming fractious, and was tired. His Mum suggested I grab a pillow off the bed, and he would snuggle up on the floor and go to sleep. WELL.. I went to take my pillow off the bed and it was warm. All the other dogs were in their kennel. I called to my now, ex-husband to hurry, come here! I felt around between the pillows, and, in a circle type shape, it was so warm..like a dog had been laying there. He felt it too. We both knew "Lady" had been there.. I had been carrying this guilt around for a couple of months, and it seemed she came, to curl up on the pillows, just once more..maybe to let me know she was ok now...it oddly made me feel a little better about the decision I had to make 2 months before....

Hero

Wow Melly what a cute story! Sorry about your dog, its the hardest decision to make i had to do that once when my puppy got sick  :(
I like ghosty stories though, i actually enjoy getting freaked out hehe! :-D

tigermilk

My mum, dad and brother have all seen ghosts. My brother's first house was haunted. His TV and radio would be switched on at night and the loudest volumes, and his bathroom light would go on and off throughout the night. He even had his cutlery stand fly across his kitchen when he was entertaining guests.... now that's entertainment! My mum said that when she was a teenager she was friends with this witch girl who used oujia boards and read spells etc. Apparently her house was full of spirits and my mum loved going to her house to see these spirits, she is really into the afterlife. My friend has two spirits in his house, a man and a boy apparently. The boy often tries to rip off my friends blankets while he is sleeping, and my friend has to hold onto them with all his might. I wouldn't be able to sleep with a ghost running up and down the stairs making a racket and opening windows. And one time he recieved some old mail addressed to the previous tenant (the ghost), he left it unopened on his kitchen table. The next day it was opened and left on the living room floor. Ohh man... spooky.
My parents are both living but my grandparents have all passed, I haven't been visited by anyone... yet :smth087

melly

Whilst we were away, my son and his girlfriend spent Easter in our home, having a nice little break from the city. WELL...I received a text message from my son, saying " there was some pretty weird shit happening in your house Sunday night. We were sat on the couch, and we both felt "someone" sit beside us. Later, when we were in bed, we heard footsteps down the hallway and knocking on the wall. When we got up to have a look, the bathroom door, which was shut, flew open".  :shock:
My immediate reaction was "It's poppa. I ask him to look after you. That's who it would have been".
My beautiful Dad died when my son was 16 ( he's 27 now) and they were very close. I often talk to my Dad, and ask him to keep an eye on my son.
Luckily, my son thought exactly the same thing, that it was his poppa, as it has happened before to him. I bet the girlfriend was freaked out though!!!