Cure Live in Paris 2008 at Wien Film Festival

Started by japanesebaby, June 25, 2009, 11:25:06

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

interesting news from COF:

There will be a showing of The Cure Live in Paris 2008 at the Film Festival 2009 auf dem Wiener Rathausplatzon on July 7th.

hopefully there will be more screenings later, maybe it'll even be shows regularly in theaters(?).

until then: so, who can to go to wien and film it from the screen? or better, go and steal the master tapes from the festival office. any volunteers? :lol: :-P  
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

Does this mean that there will be a DVD release?  Naturally, we don't know, but if the entire show is edited and is going to be playing film festivals, it seems logical.

jvm1

rodney

No kidding....must be the full show (or close to it) to warrent a purchase.

japanesebaby

Quote from: rodney on June 25, 2009, 22:55:23

hopefully they won't leave out some "unnecessary" tracks, like 'faith'... i mean thinking like "who wants to hear some "anti-hits" like that?" *fingers crossed*

but i'd still be interested to see the cure live on a big movie screen, if it would be just 90 minutes.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

nausearockpig

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2009, 23:02:49

hopefully they won't leave out some "unnecessary" tracks, like 'faith'... i mean thinking like "who wants to hear some "anti-hits" like that?" *fingers crossed*

but i'd still be interested to see the cure live on a big movie screen, if it would be just 90 minutes.

Gold. I'm sure they screened Show in 93 or something..

curevideo

Quote from: nausearockpig on June 26, 2009, 10:42:34
Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2009, 23:02:49

They did. In 1988 they also showed Cure in Orange in some special cinemas in Germany...was great!

Gold. I'm sure they screened Show in 93 or something..

othervoices

I saw show in a cinema in Newcastle - was great to see it on a big screen!

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

drowning

so i will hopefully (99%) be there, to see it.
i had the bad luck 2008 with cancer, and i swore, i will see the cure next time live arround.
so i will post on 8th july the playlist, and i hope it will be wonderfull :))

a little bit intersting is, on the homepage of wien-events there is a notice : rights: EuropaImages

hmmmmm just searching

is this new to you ?
http://www.europeimages.com/en/programmes/4703-cure-the-live-in-paris-march-2008/

rodney

According to COF, they're offering it in 30, 60 and 90 minute versions.  If this gets released to DVD, there better be another option.  A 90 minute edit of a 3 and a half hour concert is unacceptable to me.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: rodney on July 01, 2009, 14:44:26
According to COF, they're offering it in 30, 60 and 90 minute versions.  If this gets released to DVD, there better be another option.  A 90 minute edit of a 3 and a half hour concert is unacceptable to me.

it really is not ok. and i can imagine what songs they are going to cut out. this will probably  end up as 9o minutes of greatest hits  :smth011
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you