THE BLOOD

Started by arielcc, September 18, 2005, 19:53:57

Previous topic - Next topic

arielcc

About this spanish 7" i wanted you to know my feelings on this!
i see from time to time this rare item for sale at very high prices, claming it to be very rare and only less than 500 copies made (this time the current ebay seller claims only 200) or that its only a promo item and has never been released commercially!

i own one copy of this item which includes a printed paper in spanish

contrary to all these hard to find item and promo item legend around this release, you can read in this paper, about this release!

so it says that this the blood 7" was licensed by the cure to be released commercialy only in spain, even before the release of the early cure albums in spain, this way i can say that this 7" was not hard to find at least during the time of its release. BUT i went to madrid in 1992 and found two copies of this seven sold for 20 dollars in two second hand stores (el yunque and la metralleta) so after all i thought this item was not  so hard to find as its been said all this time.

later i sold both copies, one  to a peruvian collector and the other one got lost or stolen!, so i thought i would never get another copy of this "hard to find"  and very expensive item!!

ha ha
in the late 90s a friend of mine went to madrid to live there and i asked him if he ever see this 7" for sale, to buy it for me! indeed he did it in less than 2 months and got me an EX/EX copy with a sheet of paper of this "very rare" and "very hard to find item"!! i would like to know if i am so lucky just like those guys that sell this item throught ebay, i have notice the same ebay seller selling this 7"  several times during the last 3 years!!! and another one from latinomerica that sold this item three times!!

i have two conclusions
1 This item is not so hard to get and being produced in large quantities as a regular spanish single!

2 there is a bootleg the blood  7" being sold throught ebay

Any idea of how many copies were pressed for a regular 7" single in spain those days???? 1000, 2000 can be?? you have to consider that this the blood 7" was released during the first the cure shows in spain in 1985 and there was a curemania over there and its suppose large quantites of this items could have been pressed!

Even here in peru, regular 7" releases were pressed from 10 000 copies up to more!!

ariel

dsanchez

Quote from: arielcc on September 18, 2005, 19:53:57
Any idea of how many copies were pressed for a regular 7" single in spain those days???? 1000, 2000 can be?? you have to consider that this the blood 7" was released during the first the cure shows in spain in 1985 and there was a curemania over there and its suppose large quantites of this items could have been pressed
Apparently less than 500 copies were pressed. From discogs:

"This is a (promotional) 7" intended for radio stations which was officially released in short numbers (300-400 copies) by Polydor exclusively in Spain. It comes in a thin, slightly textured paper picture sleeve. Some copies also included an infosheet"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo