2012.06.11 Moskwa - Aerodrom Tushino (Russia) 'Maxidrom'

Started by dsanchez, February 16, 2012, 21:39:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on June 11, 2012, 21:54:33
Quote from: Lady on June 11, 2012, 21:51:20
Wow the same deep water as you, cold, a strange day

they are playing new songs in every concert, hope they will keep this way  :smth023
I hope they'll play these songs in Rome or Lisbon..... :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

By looking at the videos (see the first post on this topic) it looks like many people didn't have any idea about who they had in front. I mean, talking and going for a beer while the best band of the planet is playing Plainsong? WTF :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

you are right, i think it would be the same audience if there were a group playing italian folk songs with farts  :smth011
maybe 1000 people there? i don't understand the meaning of playing at festivals like this...only to create a new market in a place hungry for music?
if i were a musician i would be disappointed...
anyway it's a choice they made, i hope they used this show to try songs they will play in roma  :smth023
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

dsanchez

Quote from: erpomata on June 12, 2012, 08:49:25
maybe 1000 people there? i don't understand the meaning of playing at festivals like this...only to create a new market in a place hungry for music?
Indeed very few when we compare the 40,000+ persons for the Barcelona gig. Oh well, let's see how will be in Sweden.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2012, 09:39:16
Indeed very few when we compare the 40,000+ persons for the Barcelona gig. Oh well, let's see how will be in Sweden.

WOW  :o I'm sure every curefan outthere had a wonderful, perfect place :rocker
Sometimes I'm dreaming to see The Cure in a small venue with no much people around, but this is so strange ? But somehow logic, it's very difficult and expensive to get in Moscow and with the fact they never played there ... Even for The Cure this must be a strange experience ... But what a setlist  :smth023
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on June 12, 2012, 11:05:58
But somehow logic, it's very difficult and expensive to get in Moscow and with the fact they never played there ... Even for The Cure this must be a strange experience

Well, The Cure never played in Peru, Chile, Colombia, and trust me, they would get at least 30,000 - 40,000 people each night in those countries. Looking at the line-up, I have the impression this was just not the right festival for a band like The Cure.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

you are right, i think it would be the same audience if there were a group playing italian folk songs with farts
the real fans were on the first line as always

"Robert Smith, Robert Smith..." - Maxidrom 2012
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Just got a confirmation from Rolling Stone Russia that less than 10,000 persons attended the show :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2012, 17:41:21
Just got a confirmation from Rolling Stone Russia that less than 10,000 persons attended the show :?

So strange ... There are more people on the Red Square in -10 C for a 2 min during firework on New-Years Eve??? Russian people don't know The Cure ?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on June 12, 2012, 18:05:59
Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2012, 17:41:21

So strange ... There are more people on the Red Square in -10 C for a 2 min during firework on New-Years Eve??? Russian people don't know The Cure ?

that's a rather small crowd indeed.
one would think russia should be large enough country, for a festival like that to gather more people than that.

(what comes to people traveling to this show from other countries, i hate to say it but i do know that at least in my country quite a many people are boikoting going to russia these days, because of the human rights issues and especially because the recent laws that violate the rights of sexual minorities. i myself have decided not to travel to russia because of that too.)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

s.ivanov

Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2012, 15:10:27

the real fans were on the first line as always

Nope, you're wrong. Those standing in front of stage (at least I've heard that on the video) shouted "Whooooa", applauded and tried to sing along during,............you're not gonna believe that.......The Same Deep Water As You! It's unbelievable! I was standing aside from stage, about 15 meters from Smith. And I died there during that song (as well as Cold, Lovesong, Trust and If Only Tonight We Could Sleep). But in the middle of the crowd and in front of stage there were many people who had no idea what The Cure is.

And yes, we are disappointed just like all of you that there were less than 10 000 people there.

But I can surely say that Robert was grateful and deeply touched by the crowd and the way they responded to the music. He liked it here, I can tell it for sure.

dsanchez

Quote from: s.ivanov on June 14, 2012, 08:57:04
And yes, we are disappointed just like all of you that there were less than 10 000 people there.
But I can surely say that Robert was grateful and deeply touched by the crowd and the way they responded to the music. He liked it here, I can tell it for sure.

Thanks for sharing your impressions, it's always good to have information from someone who was actually there.

And welcome to curefans.com :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

s.ivanov

Quote from: dsanchez on June 14, 2012, 12:01:27
And welcome to curefans.com :smth023

Thanks!:)

And some information from the Maxidrom official website: overall 90 000 attended. On the first day - 50 000 (Linkin Park). Second day - 40 000. But it's a lie. A total lie.

This is not 40k:

Now they can't even admit that they failed.

maxx_DM

Hello to everyone. And sorry for my poor English.
I think that there were about 20k there (10k in fan-zone, about 7k in usual zone + vip-zone). PR of this festival was so bad that some Russian the Cure fans found out about this gig only one week before it! :?
For the group that has NEVER been popularized in Russia 20k is great, I think. And it was there first visit in Russia! I'm completely sure that after Maxidrom there will be more Cure fans in Russia. Because the Cure is the greatest band in the world! I don't know another group who can play 3h10min! Robert's age is 53 but he is in great form! Not every young group can play such long set, but the Cure can! And Russia knows and loves the Cure!
I believe that it wasn't their first and last show here. There are good organizers who can make a good PR and I think that Robert will agree to come to Russia again.
P.S. I live in the very-very small Russian town which population is less than 10k and there are 20 (which I know) Cure fans and they are all my friends. But only I from our company had opportunity to attend gig. Other guys had very serious exam yesterday and they can't go to Moscow on these days. The only train to our town was in the evening of 12th and it could be very hard to take the exam early morning after rather long way to home... Russia knows the Cure and wait for them again!

Some photos of the crowd:
Photo of ususal zone (I think there were about 7k)

Fan-zone

s.ivanov

According to the sources close to the organizers, there were approximately 20,000 tickets sold for the first day with Linkin Park as headliners, and less than 10,000 for the second day with The Cure.

Источники, близкие к организаторам, сообщили примерно о 20 тыс. проданных билетов на день с Linkin Park в хедлайнерах, а на второй — с The Cure — меньше 10 тыс.

Full text (in Russian): http://www.rbcdaily.ru/2012/06/14/lifestyle/562949984101947

Quote from: maxx_DM on June 14, 2012, 13:03:00
P.S. I live in the very-very small Russian town which population is less than 10k and there are 20 (which I know) Cure fans and they are all my friends.

Откуда будешь?