Main Menu

Started by Steve, October 11, 2007, 08:50:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Maybe (& I have thought about this) we could simply eliminate the smite option & just leave the applaud option.
That would at least add a more positive element & remove the potential headaches caused by indiscriminate smiting (or "carpet-smiting" as I think it's technically known as.)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

disintegration

for me this is a stupid idea.....  :smth011
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Steve

Quote from: disintegration on October 11, 2007, 16:10:05

What, my idea or karma in general?
I kind of like it & see the logic too. Was just a surprise when I noticed it & didn't know what it was. :oops:
& now I've gone & started a thread that almost turned into a small war :cry: :oops:
Sorry folks.

i'll get my coat...
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

dsanchez

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2007, 16:30:04
& now I've gone & started a thread that almost turned into a small war :cry: :oops:

Actually the thread was necesary so I'll give you an applaud :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ROGUE

Sorry if i was a bit intense or emotional, just personal stuff.

Still not keen on idea., but apology unrelated to karma,

Realised lots nice people here, and didnt mean to be full-on.

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2007, 16:04:27
Maybe (& I have thought about this) we could simply eliminate the smite option & just leave the applaud option.
That would at least add a more positive element & remove the potential headaches caused by indiscriminate smiting (or "carpet-smiting" as I think it's technically known as.)

I AGREE ON THIS.. APPLAUDES, BUT NO SMITE.. REPLIES GIVEN BUT NO SMITE, OR NEGATIVE KARMA..IT DOESN'T SEEM ETHICAL... KARMA IS VERY SENSITIVE..THAT'S WHY IT TRIGGERED SUCH A RESPONSE, IMHO , TAKING AWAY FROM WHAT THIS SITE REALLY MEANS AND REPRESENTS. :smth023

"NEGATIVE kARMA" IS LIKE HATE , UNDESIRABLE AND DEMEANING..

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Yes, I agree with taking the negative "smite" option away from Karma.  Could lead to misunderstandings, etc.

:smth023
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Tof

that is not useful if there is only positive karma.
Tof

scatcat

Quote from: Tof on October 11, 2007, 18:07:20
that is not useful if there is only positive karma.

sounds like the world I want to live in.... IMHO. :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Tof

Yes I want to live in a world like that too !!!

:-D
Tof

ROGUE

I just think this place was awsum as it was.  :rocker

disintegration

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2007, 16:30:04
Quote from: disintegration on October 11, 2007, 16:10:05

What, my idea or karma in general?
I kind of like it & see the logic too. Was just a surprise when I noticed it & didn't know what it was. :oops:
Sorry folks.

i'll get my coat...
no your idea, but the idea of karma in general!
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

j

What if we change the terminology?  Change Karma to something else.  Change smite to "Lol's farts" or "Robert in spandex bicycle shorts"?  I make these suggestions in jest, but it there is also a hint of truth.  I get the impression that alot of people are hung up on the actual words- karma, applaud, smite.  They are just words.  However, if it will help make this program easier for everyone to swallow, maybe we should look into changing the words themselves. 

crowbi_wan

Quote from: ROGUE on October 11, 2007, 18:23:55

So is it any less awesome now?  The staff is just trying something new.  It doesn't take anything away from the site.  The same people are here talking about the same stuff.  And in my opinion Curefans is still the best Cure site in the around  :rocker  

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 11, 2007, 20:08:14
Quote from: ROGUE on October 11, 2007, 18:23:55

So is it any less awesome now?  The staff is just trying something new.  It doesn't take anything away from the site.  The same people are here talking about the same stuff.  And in my opinion Curefans is still the best Cure site in the around  :rocker  

this place has been here for... well, for several years actually (if you take your time and browse back into the archives, we didn't start about two months ago). and i don't see how it changed with this little addition. :smth017
and really no offense but why are people instantly like someone's after them, like people were suddenly threatening each other here? like crowbi said, we are the same people here as we were yesterday, right? so who's after you? :?:
i think the fact that we're trying out such a feature shows that we trust our members and trust that people will know how to use it and will respect each other. actually, i think that should go without anyone even saying it. 

all i want to say is that i've been really tired about this all day and i still don't get all the controversy going on here.
i've started to pick up some patterns that are seriously making me think things over here... (posted somewhere else about it).
i'm especially concerned about certain hints towards "club forming" because of this.
because that sort of things do not belong to curefans. :smth011
if there's any club here then it's one big club where everyone here belongs.
and everyone (at least those who've been here long enough!) should really know this.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine