2006.04.01 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by cult_hero, February 13, 2006, 09:33:27

Previous topic - Next topic

carnagevisors

Somehow Wednesday i've managed to buy a ticket in the RAH site. But it was pure luck... there was no warning at all. After a while it was sold out again...

IF someone still wants to buy one... keep checking the RAH all the time... who knows...

monghi

I?ve bought 2 tickets on RAH page before 1 hour! I?m so happyyyyyyyy :)
i never said i would stay to the end

japanesebaby

just curious if anyone who's going to the royal albert hall show has received their tickets just yet? i bought mine via the original link on thecure.com (www.seetickets.com) and their order tracker still says to me that they don't even have the tickets yet. but i've just heard that some people who bought from other ticket agencies have already received their tickets days ago - weird? or am i just being paranoid... :smt120

anyway, i just find it pretty annoying that seetickets have this policy of "please do not contact us earlier than 5 days before the show". if there really happened to be something out of the ordinary then five days is pretty insufficient if you live well outside the UK, and also because what if i should already be on my way then? they don't even seem to have an email service to contact to, you can contact them only by phone. well i never encountered something like that before with an international seller.
ok...  ;-)

marika
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

carliofandango

You could always try

customerservices@seetickets.com

This is listed on their website..  I have mailed these before and it normally takes 3-4 days for them to reply to you..
It can't rain all the time....

japanesebaby

Quote from: carliofandangocustomerservices@seetickets.com

yes i've actually emailed them already but i only get an automatic reply that says "please use the tracker" or "call us".
i guess i have to call then although i hate to think how much that'll cost, it's a rather long distance call.
i would expect then to reply emails though, at least when they do seem to have an email-based customer service. hmm, definitely the strangest ticket agency i've ever come across...  :roll:

marika

japanesebaby

ok, i just reveived this email from seetickets.com:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to get tickets to you by the date of the show, we are advising you that your order will be available for collection from the venue box office at Royal Albert Hall on the day of the performance from 1845hrs.*"

what is this? the crappiest service i've ever encountered, sorry to say!  

:!:  :!:  :!:

lacrima mosa

i see, you never ordered tix in the uk... i never had anything else and i went to a lot of football games and concerts... i never worried that i had to collect them at the venue...

hope you can look forward anyways...  :-D
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

cult_hero

Quote from: lacrima mosai see, you never ordered tix in the uk... i never had anything else and i went to a lot of football games and concerts... i never worried that i had to collect them at the venue...

hope you can look forward anyways...  :-D

yes! i remember i just got my tickets for the 2002 london show at the venue (but paid for p&p!  :evil: ). but for the london 2003 show they sent the tickets to me via mail. i think this time it's like the first possibility!?!

japanesebaby

Quote from: lacrima mosai see, you never ordered tix in the uk...

sorry, wrong: i'm familiar with the fact that it's certainly a common way in the uk that you collect your tickets at the venue, but it's not any sort of universal way even over there. and this agency especially claimed that they will mail the tickets, so i'm just wondering why they are changing their minds and keep claiming that they cannot send the tickets because they "are not available" while other agencies have been mailing them for about two weeks? sorry but i find this weird, and also a bit annoying.

and yes, i also paid for the p&p already... so i see, they seem to be after making a few extra pounds then...  

marika

cult_hero

Quote from: japanesebaby
Quote from: lacrima mosai see, you never ordered tix in the uk...

sorry, wrong: i'm familiar with the fact that it's certainly a common way in the uk that you collect your tickets at the venue, but it's not any sort of universal way even over there. and this agency especially claimed that they will mail the tickets, so i'm just wondering why they are changing their minds and keep claiming that they cannot send the tickets because they "are not available" while other agencies have been mailing them for about two weeks? sorry but i find this weird, and also a bit annoying.

and yes, i also paid for the p&p already... so i see, they seem to be after making a few extra pounds then...  

marika

in 2002 they also told us they will send the tickets but they didn't. they kept the money for p&p (of course...).

japanesebaby

Quote from: cult_heroin 2002 they also told us they will send the tickets but they didn't. they kept the money for p&p (of course...).

was that the very same agency as it is here now? or maybe it's too far back to remember(?). and maybe it's a common way over there to scam a few pounds out of us poor non-uk persons everytime we dare to even think of going over there...  ;-)

cult_hero

Quote from: japanesebaby
Quote from: cult_heroin 2002 they also told us they will send the tickets but they didn't. they kept the money for p&p (of course...).

was that the very same agency as it is here now? or maybe it's too far back to remember(?). and maybe it's a common way over there to scam a few pounds out of us poor non-uk persons everytime we dare to even think of going over there...  ;-)

as far as i remember:
1. it wasn't the same agency but i can't remember the name;
2.  they told us they had problems with the printing of the tickets.

Andy

I bought my tickets from the original link on The Cure web site and they turned up today, so I don't know why you have had this experience? I am in the UK though, so I guess that is the difference. Still would have thought they could have posted them to you in time, though?!

Cheers
Andy

japanesebaby

i've heard about some other people in europe (non-UK though) who have also received this same email that says they cannot ship the tickets. but i've also just heard of someone from the US who already got the tickets via mail. so i dont' really get this: i could understand if they would say that they ship only inside UK and non-UK buyers have to pick the tickets up at the venue, but this doesn't really make any sense to me.
i REALLY hope there isn't something funny going on?  :?

marika