Robert Smith bothered by fans - Brighton 1994

Started by dsanchez, March 05, 2007, 14:22:39

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_day

I really dont understand what nationality has to do with this topic.
People are people, wherever they come from, and you always have that equal balance of decent people and morons, wherever you go.

And im not keen on this obsession some people hold as to 'who is the best fan',....
I mean, really, who cares? Does it really matter if you like one thing over another? does it matter where you come from? and does it matter how old you are?
No.

If anything, listening to this band has taught me to be MYSELF, not to try and live up to others expectations of what a 'good' fan should be....and sometimes there is a kind of underlying thing, where sometimes if people decide to look exactly like Robert they sort of consider themselves 'more loyal'.

Its great that so many people love this band, and i think sometimes were missing the point, that we all have something in common.
But there is a line that people sometimes cross and the obsession goes a bit too far, when it comes to Roberts personal and home life - that has nothing to do with anyone but him and his family.

If Robert devoted his entire time to fans it wouldnt do him or anyone any good, more things like this would probably happen, you cant expect him to welcome strangers open arms 24/7. People would start to have expectations, and it would probably get out of hand if you were to just let anybody conact you at anytime, as though it were your 'duty' as a celebrity. That obviously isnt right.
Two words - Mark Chapman........

Personally i dont care about looks or any other particular 'fan' behaviour, i just feel empathy on Roberts part, because being famous unfortunately brings this kind of thing.......hes human! if he cant have any peace at home, where can he?.....

ill shut up now..... :smth001

lostflower4

Quote from: strange_day on March 14, 2007, 17:54:57People are people, wherever they come from, and you always have that equal balance of decent people and morons, wherever you go.

And im not keen on this obsession some people hold as to 'who is the best fan',....
I mean, really, who cares? Does it really matter if you like one thing over another? does it matter where you come from? and does it matter how old you are?
No.

Well said. :smth023

Lady

Quote from: temptation-cure on March 14, 2007, 16:37:55
yeah but they scream to much at the shows
this is true, ahahahah!!!!! :-D :-D ;)

anyway...I think we have two  different conceptions of the adjective "boring": for someone these italian fans are boring just because they want to know robert...for me "boring" is an "apathetic" person, who doesn't feel like laughin', jokin' (for istance about the nationality) and doesn't admit the emotions, as someone in this forum seems to do...

...and this is a very very very sad thing!
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 14, 2007, 18:14:33
Quote from: strange_day on March 14, 2007, 17:54:57People are people, wherever they come from, and you always have that equal balance of decent people and morons, wherever you go.

No.

I can't agree more :)

And because of that I did rename the original subject from "Robert filmed by italian fans" to "Robert bothered by fans".

Cheers

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

Quote from: Lady on March 14, 2007, 21:03:46
anyway...I think we have two  different conceptions of the adjective "boring": for someone these italian fans are boring just because they want to know robert...for me "boring" is an "apathetic" person, who doesn't feel like laughin', jokin' (for istance about the nationality) and doesn't admit the emotions, as someone in this forum seems to do...

i am sorry but i not understand this reasoning at all.
"boring" is a complet wrong word anyway. all this have nothing to do with "boring". i don't undestand where you took such a word.
and if people really not have emotions, then people would not care writing here, right?
so i think you are wrong about who have emotions. everybody have.

also, it especially confuse me now because early in the thread you want to defending italian fans, then some people say "italian should not be offended, it is not about italian fans". people say this to be nice to you and to show that they never intend to  speak against italian fans in general. but now you writ that people who not like "joking for instance about nationality", are boring and don't have emotions.
sorry, i don't understand. maybe you should try and read again what said in this thread in all?
:roll:

gioez

Quote from: dsanchez on March 14, 2007, 22:28:18
Quote from: lostflower4 on March 14, 2007, 18:14:33

No.

I can't agree more :)

And because of that I did rename the original subject from "Robert filmed by italian fans" to "Robert bothered by fans".

Cheers

David.
:smth023 David, I'm with you!
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

Lady

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on March 15, 2007, 07:46:50
i am sorry but i not understand this reasoning at all.
I'll try to explain it again:

1- I've just noticed that someone was annoyed by posts as: "italian fans are the best" and other similar posts...I think this wasn't said with evil, but they were just jokin'

2-I used the word "boring", because I find that it could be also referred to a person who is irritating and embarassing (like someone says about the fans of the video)...I think that  irritating is who doesn't admit the emotion (for exemple the emotion of those fans that had met bob), who doesn't understand the happyness of a guy that makes true his dream or simply who hasn't sense of humor

sorry if I confused two different arguments in the same speech! :cry:

:smth001

[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

disintegration

I'M sick!
more we explain, less people understand.... :smth011

detto in italiano.... più ruzzolate più diventate quadrati!
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

gioez

Quote from: disintegration on March 15, 2007, 14:16:01

I'm italian, but I never heard this!!!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D (Rende l'idea, comunque  ;))

Lady

ahahahahahahahahahahahh!!!!!!! :smth082 :smth082 :smth082

japanesebaby

more we explain, less people understand.... :smth011

Quote from: Lady on March 14, 2007, 21:03:46
for me "boring" is an "apathetic" person, who doesn't feel like laughin', jokin' (for istance about the nationality) and doesn't admit the emotions, as someone in this forum seems to do...

any "explanations" i might have written here earlier: that was done out of the hope that we could have some conversation about this topic. i simply thought there was substance beneath this topic for something more than just choosing a side from "wow that's great" or "damn those people are stupid" and leaving it there. i really think/thought there was a lot more possible to say about it, that's all.
so i was simply looking for conversation ok? but instead, the whole thing is been swept away with things that don't make sense to me or more recently with a "hey you have no sense of humor, you just have no emotions" - i mean, wtf???
but hey, whatever then. i'll go somewhere else to look for a conversation.

ja eikun jatketaan ja ollaan sitten vaan kukin tahollamme maailman parhaita faneja. siinähän sitä on substanssia kaikille juu.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

gioez

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 16, 2007, 07:56:10

ja eikun jatketaan ja ollaan sitten vaan kukin tahollamme maailman parhaita faneja. siinähän sitä on substanssia kaikille juu.

Yes, I agree.  :-D Although I don't speak anything in finnish language!

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

japanesebaby

Quote from: gioez on March 16, 2007, 10:34:25
Yes, I agree.  :-D Although I don't speak anything in finnish language!
a brave man!  ;)

Quote from: disintegration on March 16, 2007, 11:00:13
:smth011

:roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Carnage Visor

I want to see it but at the same time I don't want to see Robert being a jerk because I will always think of him as a jerk from then on...and I don't want to.
Kind of like the video of Tom Cruise telling off the guy who sprayed water in his face...ruined Tom Cruise for me!  :(