EUROPE

Started by Tof, June 14, 2007, 17:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

lacrima mosa

i was planning to go to as many concerts as possible from here... (switzerland) so... it depends on when they are 8in the week) and i'll be whereever you expect me to be!! :-)
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

Tof

Quote from: dsanchez on June 14, 2007, 19:11:31
Quote from: Tof on June 14, 2007, 19:03:32
I'm going to make the french tour with my car so I can take you with me and going to an hotel outside Paris ....

C'est coool!....j'espere ton auto c'est beaucoup grand pour tous les curefans qui vont accepter ton invitation du rencontre au Paris :P

I have only a VW GOLF  :lol:
Tof

j

Hey Steph- maybe this time we'll sit next to each other, rather than 2 rows apart.  What a coincidence!

The Europe spring thing bodes well for me.  The wife wasn't thrilled to hear about the upcoming tour and how I want to do 5 US shows.  At least there will be a cool down period between US and Europe....so I may be able to swing something, especially if they do Ireland.  I can always use the "Why don't we go see our friends, oh and by the way the Cure are playing as well" excuse.

Dillinger

Quote from: Tof on June 14, 2007, 17:38:24
AND NO IT IS HUGELY UNLIKELY WE WILL PLAY MORE THAN ONE UK DATE...

thats wembley then. great  :smth011  :roll:

huge stadium that probably wont have the greatest atmosphere and will be tough to get to, especially in spring next year.

thanks alot robert  :x

Aarna

What about any possible dates of European tour for 2007, if there will be any in the end (because rumors go around)? Or spring 2008. Dates+places...would be most happy if there is at least one in UK  :-D
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

strange_day

1 UK date  :(

Go on, come to manchester! It was great the last time in summer 2004  8)

If it is london, which it will be because its easy for them to play there, ill try and get to that, if not i might journey over to Paris, possibly even Germany (if i have any money!)

Aarna

1 UK date? I must be blind to have overlooked it. When, where?

Bloodflower

We don't yet know, Aarna, but Robert mentioned on the official site that there would be only one. It's something of a controversial issue....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

electric_glare

I think the Europeans will have a lot to look forward to in 2008. Hopefully a new album by then, too.

Aarna

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 18, 2007, 05:58:30
We don't yet know, Aarna, but Robert mentioned on the official site that there would be only one. It's something of a controversial issue....

Only one is all I need...I just hope there will be.

etkimi

Hope this europeen tour will stop in Lille and Bruxelles. Maybe could I be in the 3 places...
I can take someone with me to...
Crying at the funeral party...

freshlysquashedfly

Why ? always only 1 date in the UK .. always loads of dates in the US ?

No wonder you fan base is dwindling Robert .. tut tut

Dillinger

exactly, the band dont get pushed here at all anymore. hopefully this album will sell very well and robert sits up and takes notice of his fans here. the 5 date plan i posted earlier is easy, can be done fast and would make many more fans happy  :rocker

Bloodflower

I don't at all blame Robert for ignoring the UK, actually.... The British music press has been really negative toward The Cure since Wild Mood Swings in '96. And I take objection to anyone who says that The Cure OWE more UK dates, because they started in the UK or that it was because of the UK that they became famous. That's the kind of nationalistic crap I can't stand.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

strange_day

I totally agree.... though its not just from '96 onwards, pretty much their whole career theyve been slagged off over here, one of their first NME reviews of 3IB in 1979 by Paul Morley absolutely slated it, pretty much stating they wouldnt be around for long..... oh how wrong he was.  8)... since theyve proved themselves time and time again over the years, theyre still tagged as 'Goth' and Robert as 'That miserable bloke with stupid hair and makeup', just derogatory insults basically, that come from ignorant music journalists.

Its a shame that this country ignores pretty much all the decent music to come out of it, instead they'd rather worship Coldplay, or some utter tripe like that. Its a shameful music scene over here, if you dare call it that.

Well, actually ill rephrase that... theres a lot of brilliant music over here, you just have to dig deep  ;)

Although yes, i would like them to play at least a few dates, but thats pureley for my selfish reasons of course.... i just hope Robert knows theres enough of us out there to make concerts worthwhile.... :smth039