The Cure nominated to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Started by dsanchez, October 13, 2018, 23:58:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on December 17, 2018, 12:33:49
I've had a few dreams of Trump recently
... it was indeed him, continuing to run while naked.  ...I wonder if that is a sign of things to come?

Well, if anything, then maybe it's a sign that you'll be going insane before 2020?  :winking_tongue  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

tanyasmith

Yes, definitely the thought of Trump being out of office by the end of 2020 (and hopefully, hopefully before!!!) makes 2020 look good, but really 2020 seems to be a year when things are finally going forward. 2020 is the future and the beginnings of a better world, better societies. Also Jupiter and Saturn will be going into Aquarius in 2020, which means that humanitarianism, equality, and universal uniting will be themes. There should be a swing toward community, environment, innovation (hopefully eco innovation).

Word on a Wing: I feel you about The Cure not touring as many places in Australia as in Europe and U.S. I met several people from Australia on the 2016 tour. (There's a topic somewhere about how people are able to afford traveling to Cure shows). I love how people come from all over the globe to attend Cure shows. Such a diverse community, all united by love of The Cure.

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on December 17, 2018, 20:10:30
Yes, definitely the thought of Trump being out of office by the end of 2020 (and hopefully, hopefully before!!!) makes 2020 look good, but really 2020 seems to be a year when things are finally going forward. ...
There should be a swing toward community, environment, innovation (hopefully eco innovation).

Let's hope so!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: Ulrich on December 17, 2018, 16:05:32
Quote from: word_on_a_wing on December 17, 2018, 12:33:49
Well, if anything, then maybe it's a sign that you'll be going insane before 2020?  :winking_tongue  :lol:

Too late ! 🤪
... I could easily debate at length about such a topic, such as the fine line between insanity and enlightenment (or perhaps there's no line at all?) or the idea that people having mystical experiences are swimming in the same stuff as people with psychosis.
Interesting stuff!!
😝
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: tanyasmith on December 17, 2018, 20:10:30

Word on a Wing: I feel you about The Cure not touring as many places in Australia as in Europe and U.S. I met several people from Australia on the 2016 tour. (There's a topic somewhere about how people are able to afford traveling to Cure shows). I love how people come from all over the globe to attend Cure shows. Such a diverse community, all united by love of The Cure.

Yeah I agree how amazing the fans are :)  ...I recall at the Sydney Reflections shows meeting people who had travelled from far and wide.

As things are working out, it looks possible I could be going to France for 2 weeks between late July-early Aug.  ...am thinking this could be a great opportunity for a Cure-related detour!!
While my plans are still a bit up in the air, I'm thinking of perhaps jumping over to Norway to see The Cure on August 7 😬😬😬😍😍😍
I shouldn't jinx it by saying such things aloud !
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

tanyasmith

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on December 18, 2018, 13:22:46

I shouldn't jinx it by saying such things aloud !

Here's a good wish that your plans work out.  :heart-eyes