Cut
5 (4.7%)
To Wish Impossible Things
7 (6.5%)
End
6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 92

jakso

A Letter To Elise is my favourite...Anyway, Wish was the first Cure album I bought. The story has began...  :smth023

CureCrusader

I really like a Letter To Elise, and FTEOTDGS, BUT I voted for Open!!

:rocker
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

closedown

Apart - not very hard, for me personally one of the weakest albums that had way better b-sides (Big Hand, Twilight Garden, Play) than album stuff. Apart is so underrated, shame they never played it again after the 1992 concerts, only other real contender is To Wish Impossible Things. Possibly the Cure album I play the least besides the selftitled one.

revolt

"End"! Maybe their best post-"Disintegration" song.

MeltingMan

01 Cut
02 Apart
03 From The Edge
Wow! This is an old thread and a trip back to the nineties. I don't believe that Cut is "simply not good".
I love the speed of the drums from Boris, the melody, the three guitars (6-String Basses) dominating
the song. It sounds good, disturbing good and it's a pity that this song is still a rare live track.
"Wish" is my personal number two as favorite album.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on March 22, 2014, 11:26:26
I don't believe,that this track is "simply not good". I love the speed of the drums from Boris,the melody,the three guitars dominating the song.

Me too! Not my fave from the album, but I've always liked it (and I think I got to hear it live in 1998).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Who would've guessed that you can ever find "Wish" in a top 10 of "dark/goth" albums? I certainly didn't!  :o
http://louderthanwar.com/you-the-livings-top-10-gothdark-albums-number-5/
The wife's not happy with me for not picking "Disintegration" but, for me, this is Robert and Porl at their widescreen zenith. "Open" and "End" showed me how important it is to bookend an album, and "Apart" is probably the most under-rated Cure song ever.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...