What made you feel sad today?

Started by scatcat, November 16, 2007, 15:08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

Quote from: scatcat on January 09, 2008, 21:49:50
oh it is so hard to find words..I feel so unworthy of such kindness.. it just makes me cry more...
I thank everyone from my heart for the love and caring messages.
It means so much.
Thankyou for the angels. They do really help!
Wonderful, wonderful people.. hugs and kisses to you all  :smth049

OI!! we didn't wanna make you cry MORE kiddo!!  good to see you here little friend..... that's a good sign... pop in now and then, when you feel not quite so "ragged"...   :smth056

Quote from: gioez on January 09, 2008, 10:18:24
A nice person I know (she's special for me, she's more than a friend) is in hospital, 'cos she have leukemia... I hope to hear good news very soon, but there are 3 days of silence. Excuse me for personal reflection, but I'm really sad and very worried about her.

again....we send powerful thoughts of love and healing...hang in there...   :smth056
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

dsanchez

Quote from: gioez on January 09, 2008, 10:18:24
A nice person I know (she's special for me, she's more than a friend) is in hospital, 'cos she have leukemia... I hope to hear good news very soon, but there are 3 days of silence. Excuse me for personal reflection, but I'm really sad and very worried about her.

I hope she gets well soon. Everyone here is praying she will be fine, and hopefully she will be!

Lara: here we're with you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

:smth011
When someone's having their sweet sixteen and inviting people to their party...

DO NOT pass out invitations around the kids you are not inviting!

It's rude and hurtful to [me] the person not being invited!
Plus, what have I even ever done to these people? Nothing. I'm just simply not cool enough. The people who were invited were huge pricks, and rightfully did not deserve the invitations.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I would never do something like that. And if I wasn't inviting someone, I would try to keep the party outside of school and send invitations through mail or email.

That kind of singling out should not be allowed in schools, especially not the kind I go to (special school for teens with depression and whatnot)...

melly

Nahhh CV...you've got it wrong...you're way too cool for these kids...they don't want you at the party because they'll all feel like twats if you are there...it's a gathering of the feeble, so don't worry...shake it off...

Now, don't you go 'phoning the police the night this party is on, pretending you are a neighbour and complain about the excessive noise and drug abuse will you??
shame on you for even thinking of this..  :smth047
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

gioez

Thanks to all, really many thanks... Yesterday her brother sent me a sms and he said that during the medulla ossium transplantation she had a respiratory crisis. Luckily the transplantation ended well, but now she can't communicate 'cos is in the intensive therapy unit of the hospital. Her brother promised he will inform me about any improvement. I hope she will get well soon.
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

sues777

Gioez - I hope your friend gets better soon - sending her strength and positive thoughts....

...and CV - please don't worry about those silly little brats.  All they're doing is showing their complete lack of empathy and maturity.  And I think I can tell from your posts that you're a caring person with a whole lot more maturity.  Please just realise people act like that because of their own insecurities.  And remember, the best revenge on the likes of them is living well.  So please don't let them get to you  ;)
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

robiola

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 10, 2008, 02:58:50
:smth011
When someone's having their sweet sixteen and inviting people to their party...

DO NOT pass out invitations around the kids you are not inviting!

It's rude and hurtful to [me] the person not being invited!
Plus, what have I even ever done to these people? Nothing. I'm just simply not cool enough. The people who were invited were huge pricks, and rightfully did not deserve the invitations.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I would never do something like that. And if I wasn't inviting someone, I would try to keep the party outside of school and send invitations through mail or email.

That kind of singling out should not be allowed in schools, especially not the kind I go to (special school for teens with depression and whatnot)...

You know, at my ripe old age  ;) I have noticed something....A lot of the kids that were accepted by everyone and "popular" in my high school because they didn't "stick out", often went on to lead nondescript, uneventful lives (because they kept on trying to blend in even as they got older, minding what's "socially acceptable" and what isn't)... And a lot of the ones who were shunned and thought of as "weird" because they had their own mind and their own personality are the ones who now seem (at least from the outside, I can't give guarantees or anything) to have realized their potential, chosen their own path without fear, and gone on to live fulfilling, satisfying lives.... Just a thought. :)

silversand

Oh, dear i'm sorry that your friend is so ill gioez.
I really hope she will be well very soon.

@ Carnage Visor: I hope you don't take it too personal that you weren't invited to the party. Those people who didn't send you a invitation are showing their true colours in my opinion. Besides you are a way too cool for them :D

Carnage Visor

Thanks guys. Here's the kicker though... :)

Today, she handed me an invitation. Now, she's not a popular kid per say, she's very sweet in fact. That's what shocked me when she didn't invite me. And now I feel like I kind of forced it on her and she sent me the invite out of guilt.

I don't know if I should accept it or not, but she is a really nice person. If she didn't want me there, I understand, and I wouldn't want to ruin her sixteenth with my mopiness and neurotic behavior anyway.

I just hope things won't be akwkward if I do end up going...

BREAKING NEWS IN MY LIFE:
My dad just called and told me he doesn't think my grandmother has much time left on this earth...she's in really bad condition, very frail and can hardly hold things in her hands. But she would put all that aside and strive to make every muscle work ten times better just to write us a birthday card...such a nice, loving grandma.

She's the only one I have left.  :(

melly

Quote from: gioez on January 10, 2008, 11:24:14
Thanks to all, really many thanks... Yesterday her brother sent me a sms and he said that during the medulla ossium transplantation she had a respiratory crisis. Luckily the transplantation ended well, but now she can't communicate 'cos is in the intensive therapy unit of the hospital. Her brother promised he will inform me about any improvement. I hope she will get well soon.

bloody hell, as if having some sort of transplant ( I really didn't understand what medulla ossium is) to treat the leukemia isn't bad enough...then a respitory failure??  Keep strong...for her and your sake.....sending more healing and kind thoughts from Australia....   :smth054 :smth051

melly

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 10, 2008, 23:16:55

My dad just called and told me he doesn't think my grandmother has much time left on this earth...she's in really bad condition, very frail and can hardly hold things in her hands. But she would put all that aside and strive to make every muscle work ten times better just to write us a birthday card...such a nice, loving grandma.

sorry to hear that CV...if your grandma is elderly, sadly, it is the cycle of life which we all must go through...be grateful she has been such a wonderful lady...if you can contact her, do so, just to tell her how much she means to you...
kinda puts the whole party invitation thing into perspective though, doesn't it...

gioez

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 10, 2008, 23:16:55

I can understand you... I have left all my grandparents during the years. Probably your grandma is a second mama, like all grandmothers...
Yes, it's so: the circle of life..................
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

LuvURobert

Lots of things make me feel sad lately, but right at the moment very sad that my Dad has decided to give back a cute, little puppy that he recently adopted right after the passing of my mother.  My Dad was so lonely and sad and probably a bit irrational, he thought a puppy would help fill the void.  Now Dad is just too depressed, irratable, and has absolutely no patience and has decided to give him back to the adoption agency so he can find a "happy" home.  I'm heartbroken but I guess it's probably best for Arnie (the pup) in the long run!!  He was such a little cutie!  Crap, now I'm crying for the little bugger.  I think it's going to be one of those days, starting to feel like a xanax moment for me!  I'm so weak!  :cry:

edit ~ I removed the large pic of the puppy as it might slow down the page.
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

First time I've been on the 'net all day...just want to say to Lara, if she comes here at all in a day or so..I didn't forget what today is....the 12th January... thinking of you, and your sadness.... anniversaries are meant to be full of love, the popping of champagne corks, a special dinner...not this sort though...reflective sadness on what might have been, the hole left in your soul..
losing a child...I cannot even begin to think what that would be like....
so many little angels....
X

melly

LuvURobert... I understand how your Dad will be feeling, so don't be too upset about the puppy...best he goes to a new home now, not when he has grown to love your Dad....and just hug your Dad...you both need it.... :smth056