Cure songs that you don't like

Started by Filipe, August 23, 2005, 01:02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

fannwenner

This will possibly cause some controversy, but I just can´t take Give me it. Rubbish...

coxoxi

Can't imagine that there could ever be a Cure song that I don't like...
:smth060 :smth049 :smth055 :smth054

revolt

There´s not many Cure songs that I downright hate...

As far as album tracks go, from the 80's the only song that I openly dislike is "Screw".
Post-"Disintegration" is a different story... I really don´t like "Doing the Unstuck", I find "To wish impossible things" boring (though not really BAD) and can´t stand "Cut" on the "Wish" album (a potentially great song ruined by hysterical vocals and boring wah wah guitar). Much of WMS I don't care for, but I think "Mint Car" and "Round and round..." are specially annoying. And on the self-titled album, "Never" is completely useless.

As far as single tracks go, there are a few I don't really like. "Throw your foot", for instance. Or "Stop Dead". Actually, the post-"Japanese Whispers" pre-"Kiss Me" singles B-sides in general do nothing for me.

KingOfSomeIsland

I cant believe people hate The Promise and Club America so much. I understand all the hate for Just Say Yes but the Curve Remix on Join the Dots is much better and I actually really like that one. As for my 5 I'd say:

- Screw
- Hey You!!
- Never Enough
- Us Or Them
- Never

GreenGhost

1) Round & Round
2) Wendy Time
3) Screw
4) Hey You!
5) Never
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

Lostflowerboy

1. Your god is fear, The Promise, The end of the world, Never,...(2004 would fill this list easily)
2. This is a lie
3. Trust
4. Lovesong
5. Let's go to bed

Pictures of you used to be on top of this list for years, but it grew on me recently.

lordsquidy13

End Of The World
Taking Off
Cut Here
Just Say Yes
Club America

Not a fan of most of their post Wish materiall...  :?

Carnage Visor

Quote from: lordsquidy13 on August 30, 2008, 03:23:08
End Of The World
Taking Off
Cut Here
Just Say Yes
Club America

Not a fan of most of their post Wish materiall...  :?

I'm with you, it's not my taste. But I definately see the merit in it, and I just kind of shrug it off and appreciate it, because I love the band so much! And even The Cure's worst is better than some other bands' best!  :smth023

revolt

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on August 14, 2008, 14:22:41
1. Your god is fear, The Promise, The end of the world, Never,...(2004 would fill this list easily)
2. This is a lie
3. Trust
4. Lovesong
5. Let's go to bed

Pictures of you used to be on top of this list for years, but it grew on me recently.

Most of those are good songs! And you have the nerve to call other people here "negative"... :shock: :-D

Lostflowerboy

Quote from: revolt on September 01, 2008, 14:03:45
Most of those are good songs! And you have the nerve to call other people here "negative"... :shock: :-D

The day will come on which we finally agree with our oppinion on a cure release. Very, very soon in fact. ;)

curemenona

humm i haven't heard them all cure songs cause i like to take it slow and i dont have the money to buy all the albums at once but from what i've heard i could really live without:
snakepit- its not that bad but god its so long and tedious

watching me fall- too over produced and so loong

gone- the lyrics are just OK but the music good its just.. aagh

and well i cant think of any other songs for now, but i hate to admit that the previously mentioned could grow on me haha

moutheyesheart

1. Lovecats
2. Lovesong (sorry Robert :()

These and nothing more!
Разпадане

revolt

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 05, 2008, 19:28:00
Quote from: revolt on September 01, 2008, 14:03:45

The day will come on which we finally agree with our oppinion on a cure release. Very, very soon in fact. ;)

I guess you're foreseeing the probability that you won't like the Hypnagogic EP, then...

sickboybg

i noticed some people listing a chain of flowers and a letter to elise
you guys either are NOT cure fans or deserve to be killed now  :D
DECIDE
and i don't care about personal opinion
it simply sucks saying such a thing

now,mine:(i love almost all cure songs and the ones i find not good enough are usually unreleased or appear on remasters but)
-so what,object,meathook(a take them as one song)
-doubt(really a bad way of medleying the drowning man and faith !!!)
-screw(not always in the right mood to listen to this)
-wendy time(with wish bsides SOOOO F****** GOOD!!!! why?!)
-round and round and round(just sooo boring)

and i have to say i quite like WMS(almost the whole) and i really like I Don't Know What's Going On and so on and so on

japanesebaby

Quote from: sickboybg on October 26, 2008, 00:01:39
and i really like I Don't Know What's Going On and so on and so on

i think it must mean that "you either are NOT a cure fan or deserve to be killed now  :D"

:lol:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine