Don't say anything ??

Started by scatcat, October 27, 2007, 14:00:32

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

The newest song from The Cure, out of the Mexico concerts, is titled "Don't Say Anything", previously thought to be called "Freak Show."

I wonder what everyone thinks about this song?

At the moment I won't say what I really think until the album surfaces...

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

CureCrusader

I'm not sure either. Compared to the other two new songs. I like to wait unitl the album is released also. I just don't know where it fits in . :?
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

[labyrinth]

three singles:

"a upbeat,stupid popsong single": please project
"a dark,sad single": a boy i never knew
"a dancy single": don't say anything.

maybe, that's it!
but
these should represent the two souls (a dark one, and a happier one) of the upcoming album.

temptation-cure

this song "" don't say anything" sounds very weird or freak.. errmm :roll:
well someone has the lyrics of this song/..??
thanks,..
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

Carnage Visor

How have you heard it before?

ROGUE

:rocker Really looking foward to this 2Disc 26 song release,

thats for sure. :smth023

Cure Freak

Quote from: [labyrinth] on October 27, 2007, 14:30:29
three singles:

"a upbeat,stupid popsong single": please project
"a dark,sad single": a boy i never knew
"a dancy single": don't say anything.

maybe, that's it!
but
these should represent the two souls (a dark one, and a happier one) of the upcoming album.
like yin and yang. :smth001

j

The little bit I heard on the youtube videos, makes me think I do not like it.  At all.

Steve

I couldn't really make it out from the youtube clip.
It was quite bitty & very noisy.
Would like to hear a good audio recording of it to get a better gauge of how it sounds.
Was that night taped at all?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

strange_day

From what ive heard, i cant say i really liked it, its seems to be like another WCIBY but forgetable.......

Ah well, the other 2 songs more than make up for it anyway, so im not worried about this album, in fact i cant wait  8)

Cure Freak

I couldn't make out anything from that you tube video, either. But it's good to see that Rob is dancing again.

cure_kitty

I just had a chance to checkout the YouTube video and I have to agree the audio is not the best but it's cool to see Robert doing a bit of dancing to the song.  So far this song is not too bad but it's hard to really say I like it a lot at this point.  Wonder what the lyrics are to it too?  Anyone able to figure out all that he is singing???  All I can make out is "It's a Freak Show" or something like that?????

splitmilk34

Like I've said before, I can't really make judgements until I hear properly recorded studio versions.

However, like I've ALSO said before (and will continue to say), "A Boy I Never Knew" is one of, if not, THE BEST CURE SONGS EVER!!!!
"... sleeping less every night"

boneheadhaggar

cant really hear it clearly enough to pass judgement, but certainly doesnt seem like it will excite me too much :roll:
its nice to be nice

AlluivialL

Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 27, 2007, 16:07:10
How have you heard it before?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=197525158

download the last song. It's not the best audio quality, but it's good enough for those who haven't listened to it.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?