The return of Porl Thompson

Started by Tristan Berlin, July 09, 2005, 18:46:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Berlin

Hi everyone. How did you enjoy the return of Porl? For me he the best guitarist they ever had and I was very glad to hear the news that he will join The Cure again. Hoping The Cure will sound like they did on their climax. Compared to the last years the Live8-Gig was full of energy...and I think the cause of it is Porl. Waiting for your opinion...Tr#  :wink:

Pushkina

I'm very happy at the fact that Porl is back. I liked Perry, but ... Porl is Porl. I love the solos from the Head time!
Those who try to please All please None

dsanchez

Indeed was nice to see him back, perhaps the bad note was to see him back after many years in a not good perfomance in Live 8. There were some technical problems, thought  :? and not many people in the encores :(... we are looking for the next concerts with the new line-up 8)

David.

Quote from: Tristan BerlinHi everyone. How did you enjoy the return of Porl? For me he the best guitarist they ever had and I was very glad to hear the news that he will join The Cure again. Hoping The Cure will sound like they did on their climax. Compared to the last years the Live8-Gig was full of energy...and I think the cause of it is Porl. Waiting for your opinion...Tr#  :wink:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Anonymous

I'm waiting for a killer: the kiss and Push...

Tristan Berlin

I would be happy if they play "deep green sea" or "give me it", for me the real Porl-Songs  :lol:

drowned

From the "SHOW" video, you can grab a solid conviction of PORL?s talent an energic development (CUT), if haven?t seen that one , .....you??re missing one the best performances EVER.....

Roger :D
aqui estamos los iluminados de las estrellas más bellas llamadas THE CURE..!!!!

dsanchez

Yes indeed. Is to note that Porl didnt play Push since 1987!!!...So I am looking to see the same passion of this great guitar player in one of the best Cure songs ever...PUSH! 8)

David.

Quote from: AnonymousI'm waiting for a killer: the kiss and Push...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rdruiz8

However, I think that the versions of Just like heaven and Boys don't cry of live8 are great . With all my respect to Perry but he never had the same passion as Porl for playing guitar.

It's nice to have Porl back! :D
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

Tristan Berlin

Nice that all of you think about Porl like me. I'm so happy to be able to see him live. I've seen the Show-Video first in 1998 and I was sad because Porl was not in the Band. So I wished that the day will come that he is comming back - and this year my dream came true.

Sorry for my bad English  :oops:

lostflower4

Porl coming back is the greatest thing to happen to The Cure since... Hmmmm, I'm not sure.  :?: Boris joining the band back in '84? It's been a long time!

I definitely saw a boost in energy from the band. I also agree that Perry just didn't have the power on guitar that Porl or Robert does. I could say the same thing about Boris vs. Jason, but Robert seems intent on him staying, so I've accepted it.

Having two great guitarists together is a great thing! I think we can look forward to most, if not all of the songs people have mentioned here. These are all perfect songs for the new lineup and would still sound good without keyboards. And let's not forget that Porl was one of the best live keyboardists The Cure ever had... But I think Robert wants more of a guitar sound for now.

Let's just hope Porl stays on after the summer festivals!  :roll:

lostflower4

Quote from: Tristan BerlinNice that all of you think about Porl like me. I'm so happy to be able to see him live. I've seen the Show-Video first in 1998 and I was sad because Porl was not in the Band. So I wished that the day will come that he is comming back - and this year my dream came true.

Sorry for my bad English  :oops:

Don't be so hard on yourself. I've seen plenty of Americans who can't speak or write nearly that well!   :lol:

heixiao

Yeah, that's a good new for all the fans... Porl got a good influence in the band in the past. We can see the difference between an album with Porl and without Porl and i'm glad to know than on the next world tour it will be possible (i hope!!) for the fans like me, who have discovered the band when Porl had already left, to see him !! Unfortunately i couldn't see them this summer but i'm so happy and excited for all people who gonna see them !!! I'm sure it's gonna be amazing !!!  :D
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

Tristan Berlin

Absolutly right.  Hoping for an album with porl too but noone knows  :oops:

x-rays

Quote from: heixiaoYeah, that's a good new for all the fans... Porl got a good influence in the band in the past. We can see the difference between an album with Porl and without Porl
^

You can even hear him on the first Easy Cure demos: listen to the first songs on the TIB deluxe edition and you will surely recognize Porl  :D
[color=red][b]Plastic Passion Webmaster[/b]
[i]A Cure Trading Site[/i][/color]