When do you think the "Dark album" will be released?

Started by dsanchez, April 22, 2010, 16:06:54

Previous topic - Next topic

When do you think the "Dark album" will be released?

Never
8 (28.6%)
Christmas 2010
4 (14.3%)
Somewhere in 2011
7 (25%)
2012 or later
9 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Ulrich

Quote from: SidneyCure on January 02, 2013, 23:23:14
Oh yeah, I heard about that. Didn't Robert say he wanted to release them both a a double album?

Yes, he said that (NME interview 2012)!
Quote from that: "Robert regrets not making 4:13 the double album he intended, but was "worn down by the f*cking idiots around me at the time"."
http://curefans.com/curenews/robert-interview-in-nme/

Quote from: dsanchez on January 02, 2013, 23:41:42
No, the Dark Album was most a kind of continuation of 4:13 Dream.

Well, Robert said in 2012 they would make more sense as a double album, because the thinks something's missing when listening to "4:13 Dream" (and what's missing: the unreleased, "darker" songs)...
However, now with the line-up changed, it's very uncertain these unreleased tracks will ever see the light of day (maybe, maybe as some kind of re-issue?).  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

mikeangusbraun

Let's face it: Robert is indeed a combination of John Lennon & Paul McCartney.  The Dark album is more representative of John Lennon's music, so it needs to be released to "balance" Robert's Paul McCartney-like songs.

MeltingMan

I voted for never,but I wasn't sure and checked Robert's statement from 31.3.2014 again
and now I'm almost sure,that the dark album will never materialize and for the most of
us it's understandable why.Of course...never say never;a limited one-off edition is conceivable.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)