Now there's a Cure Conversing with the agile Robert Smith - (Interview)

Started by LuvURobert, October 31, 2007, 03:50:13

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvURobert

Article is from 10/3/2007 from the San Francisco Bay Guardian.  Haven't seen this one and thought it interesting.  (FYI ~ article ends on page 2)  ;)

http://www.sfbg.com/entry.php?entry_id=4670&catid=107&volume_id=317&issue_id=318&volume_num=42&issue_num=01

:smth023 labyrinth ~ I think you made reference to it recently in another thread regarding the 3 new singles being released...

Don't Say Anything ~ "out-and-out dance"
A Boy I Never Knew ~ "very dark & heavy"
Please Project ~ "an incredibly upbeat, stupid pop single"

Enjoy! :smth001

"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

ROGUE

silversand

AlluivialL

I know I've read like half of this exact same interview somewhere, don't know how I managed to only read half of it. Strange, but thanks.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

robiola

Just saw this,thanks for the link.
Robert always manages to say something that makes me smile...

"I'm saying that most good pop singles are stupid â€" otherwise they're not good pop singles," he demurred. "I'm from an age when disposable wasn't necessarily a bad thing."

Now if that isn't the 80's in a nutshell.....!!

Carnage Visor

It's mindblowing just how articulate and socially-aware Robert is, he's such a divine individual. That was a great interview, and I always love hearing Robert talk about the world and his personal views!

I love how he refers to his own single as a "stupid pop song", and I'd have to agree, I prefer the music that Robert himself views as "close to him" rather than the commercial stuff.

He's a real person who knows what he's doing. I wish people would look past the hair and see what a genius he really is.