2008.02.11 Oslo - Spektrum (Norway) *Sold out*

Started by closedown, September 27, 2007, 15:26:14

Previous topic - Next topic

boneheadhaggar

thanks to everyone for the setlist, lets hope more new songs are added soon :smth023, and please give us some news on the album release date :roll:
its nice to be nice

gioez

I expected more different songs, especially during the encores. But I want listen to the Cure singing "Jingle Bells" too...  :-D
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

j

Quote from: mikele on February 12, 2008, 12:18:21
Quote from: boneheadhaggar on February 12, 2008, 10:52:37
...and please give us some news on the album release date :roll:
Some news about that: http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-album-release-date.html

That would actually make some sort of sense (I guess), considering that the US tour starts on May 9.  Personally, I'd rather they release it in July, after the tour.  Then maybe they'd be motivated enough to come back around on a tour to support the album!

scatcat

Quote from: j on February 12, 2008, 13:07:05
That would actually make some sort of sense (I guess), considering that the US tour starts on May 9.  Personally, I'd rather they release it in July, after the tour.  Then maybe they'd be motivated enough to come back around on a tour to support the album!

Exactly what I'd hope for..!!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on February 12, 2008, 13:07:05Personally, I'd rather they release it in July, after the tour.  Then maybe they'd be motivated enough to come back around on a tour to support the album!

not a bad idea...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

Can't argue that thinking at all!  In fact, I think people would be a-ok with this as a "Greatest hits" tour, if they knew that the band would be back in the fall/winter.

scatcat

I know everyone was waiting to hear new stuff from the band, maybe a setlist that would please each and every one of us.
But nothing compares to seeing them live.  :smth023 
Each time they play a song live, it is different in a way, and special. ( I have about 10 different versions of Faith, for example.. and they all sound different.. )  ;)

I just wish I was able to see them again..  :cry:
By the sound of what has emerged, Robert is sounding fantastic, and Simon is "on fire"..  :-D    what more can we ask for, really?

A tour like this, without a new album to present.. is still the greatest, not just greatest hits!!

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Thanks AdamClayton!! (I love your nick, 'cos I love Adam Clayton's band, eheheh! ;))

I prefer this tracklist and I'm very happy to see they had changed something....especially glad for "plainsong" at the beginning, uhuh!!! :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

Quote from: Lady on February 12, 2008, 16:42:00
Freak Show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0FaV53MrIQ
Finally I listened to it! :smth023

thanks lady for this link.   :smth023
The sound is still a bit rough with this particular song, BUT Robert seems to really like this song, he seems so uplifted to be performing this, no matter if the name may well change to by the time the album is released  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

punkdisasters

I got a few of the hits on video in better quality than the youtube ones on my website. Also took 4 pics, but they always end up crappy standing so far from the stage. Good show though, I only heard one mistake on the drums, apart from that it was flawless. I knew what to expect and they duly delivered :P

allhopeout.com/?side=filmed

silversand

Thanks to everyone for the setlist and links  :smth023

Nothing against a release in May. I hope they will play some new songs during this tour :) This would be great!

dsanchez

Quote from: silversand on February 12, 2008, 18:52:38
Nothing against a release in May.

A release in may would mean more shows in the future, so that's great news :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

robiola

Quote from: punkdisasters on February 12, 2008, 18:37:15
I got a few of the hits on video in better quality than the youtube ones on my website. Also took 4 pics, but they always end up crappy standing so far from the stage. Good show though, I only heard one mistake on the drums, apart from that it was flawless. I knew what to expect and they duly delivered :P

allhopeout.com/?side=filmed

Thank you! :smth023