ROYAL ALBERT HALL DVD - Petiton

Started by freshlysquashedfly, October 09, 2006, 21:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

freshlysquashedfly

Quote from: clubsmith82 on December 30, 2006, 04:21:30
I love the Cure, but i dont think RAH was a good gig at all, they should put out a Curiosa DVD instead.

Keep it real - RAH gig was packed full of emotion we (the royal we) are so hungry to see that show again and again -

clubsmith82

Berlin was great, even Oxegen the year before was good. But i was bored at RAH.

japanesebaby

i felt there was one problem affecting the atmosphere on the RAH gig - they should have removed the chairs from the floor section (at least i know they used to do that long ago but maybe it's not possible anymore? i really don't know.)
anyway, i surely wasn't wishing for some nutcase mosh-pit action myself (on a cure gig? hahaha), that's not what i mean. and i do respect it that different people have different ways of enjoying the gig; some can sit down and enjoy it fully, some need to jump and move...
maybe it's because i'm not a person who'd normally  prefer to buy a seat if there's a chance to get a general admission/standing ticket - i always go for the standing, even thought it might mean a long and tiresome wait in the mud or something... but it's just an atmospheric thing for me. and at the RAH gig i felt that the obligatory seating maybe made some people extra stiff on the floor section. for instance, by the time the show had proceeded to the encores the atmosphere was.... !!! but it took too much time to get everyone warmed up and let loose a bit.
luckily there were two crazy people in front of me who just didn't let the seating affect you either...  :rocker

maybe this applies only to me, i don't know. purely music-wise i have no complaints about the show... but since the atmospehere affects the way you might experience the music, so i can't help thinking that it could have been even better(?).

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Dillinger

i never got mine  :cry: still it could just be the notorious british christmas time post

freshlysquashedfly

Hello to all of you that have been bothered enough to sign the petition : O )

The petition has circled the globe and it looks like less than 1000 of us are bothered enough to sign .. so I am just letting you all know that I will soon be removing the petition  :!:

Once again thanks to all who signed .. and up your bum to the rest of ya  ;)

Cure

i mean, can we get this dvd?

is it available 4 dlin somewhere or not?
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

freshlysquashedfly

Howdy Cure : O )

By all accounts the whole night was professionaly filmed so would be available for us to purchase if it was to be released.. the petition has been around nearly 18 months and not enough of us can be arsed ... and then we all moan that nothing gets released !!

j

Like a petition would matter...especially after the way they have screwed everyone over today!

Tof

Considering the delay which they took with the new album and now with the North American tour, if they decide to make a DVD, it should leave in ... 2012.

... But I sign it !!!
Tof

Cure

oh gr8..
hope someone finds out a video someday..
not professional, but sth..

'nth left but hope'
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

j

Yeah, I wonder if anyone filmed it.... ;)

Tof

J, you don't want to upload your 9 DVDs !!! it's just 36 Go !!!  :D

:smth011

It's a joke, don't be angry   :lol:
Tof

j

Yeah, and I'll post it in 36 seperate megaupload links! :roll: :smth030