The Cure to release new singles

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2008, 19:25:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

Quote from: Janko on May 05, 2008, 23:46:39
ON BILLBOARD 200

THE END OF THE WORLD PEAKED AT 26 PLACE AND IT WAS 5 WEEKS ON CHARTS

SO

IF THE ONLY ONE  ENTERS TOP 20 IT WILL BE SUCCES!
IF IT ENTERS TOP 10 - THE CURE ARE BACK!

(AND YES, I DONT  CARE FOR MODERN ROCK CHART)

:smth023

Maybe I'm in some super-bizarre town, but the modern rock charts are sort of a big deal; I mean, if you do well on the modern rock radio, people know who you are, they know your song. No one buys singles anymore anyway, unless it's off iTunes. I'd argue that, commercially speaking, radio play is all that matters.

(And I think the song sounds great, but I hope the album mix has the bass more prominent, and Robert's vocals less upfront.)
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 06, 2008, 05:41:10No one buys singles anymore anyway, unless it's off iTunes. I'd argue that, commercially speaking, radio play is all that matters.

(And I think the song sounds great, but I hope the album mix has the bass more prominent, and Robert's vocals less upfront.)

i buy singles and i hardly ever listen to the radio - but i'm actually pretty happy to be a noone, i don't mind at all. 
i think the power of radio play might depend on the country: at least i'm going to be so surprised if i'm going to hear any new cure songs in the radio around here, however well it was doing someplace else. radio stations keep playing the same crap stuff they always do, whatever was released. so purely commercially speaking, i'd say internet marketing/advertising has a lot more power today than radio play.

(about the song: the mix is pretty bad indeed, way off. and moreover, the whole thing sounds pretty compressed - i hope it's not a sign that the whole album has been remastered by a monkey, like most albums today are. i think i'm going to take lostflower's advice and skip the cd and only buy the vinyl version if this is indeed how the whole album is going to sound like.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

robiola

Quote from: j on May 06, 2008, 03:40:50
Quote from: becomingwater on May 06, 2008, 02:48:18
how is everyone listening to the single when it is not released yet? :(

It plays when you visit this page.  If not, try going to www.thecure.com and have your volume on while on the main page
Neither is working for me... I have my volume on...So why??  :(

Edit: Aaaah...I updated Flash Player and now -- I can hear!
Sounds great to me! Well, the song I mean -- I don't know about the mix, because I can't judge from the crappy sound of my little laptop.

mahood

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 06, 2008, 07:55:37
(about the song: the mix is pretty bad indeed, way off. and moreover, the whole thing sounds pretty compressed - i hope it's not a sign that the whole album has been remastered by a monkey, like most albums today are. i think i'm going to take lostflower's advice and skip the cd and only buy the vinyl version if this is indeed how the whole album is going to sound like.)

yes, i'm afraid the loudness war is not over yet.
this sample actually sounds better on my computer than when it's connected to my audio system, and unfortunately i think this is the way it's intended. let's just hope that a) this lo-bitrate sample doesn't do justice to the real mix b) even if so, this is just some kind of "radio-itunes-friendly mix" that the proper album won't have.
the b-side may give us an better indication of how the album will sound like.
i buy vinyl anyway, but the last album's pressing wasn't that good on vinyl either...
signs, flowers, weapons and balloons

Janko

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 06, 2008, 05:41:10

Maybe I'm in some super-bizarre town, but the modern rock charts are sort of a big deal; I mean, if you do well on the modern rock radio, people know who you are, they know your song. 

I ALWAYS THOUGHT MODERN ROCK CHARTS ARE FOR YOUNG(ISH) ALTERNATIVE BANDS.
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on May 04, 2008, 20:13:32
It feels like christmas. I'm personally glad to feel the hapiness of the people, and I agree that the song sounds just awesome. The Cure proof once again why the're the best.

thanx guys for linking this topic with the teaser that accompanies this topic!  :smth023

I love, I love what you do.....  :smth020

.. and yes.. it does feel like Christmas..  ;)

i feel like spinning around and around... wishing i was at the up-coming  concerts..  :cry:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

silversand

First: I love the artwork of the single ! ! !
Can't wait to hear it and of course the "b-sides" as well :)

It's like christmas and Birthday together  :)

sues777

Quote from: dsanchez on May 04, 2008, 20:13:32
It feels like christmas. I'm personally glad to feel the hapiness of the people, and I agree that the song sounds just awesome. The Cure proof once again why the're the best.
Yes!!  What a perfect way to describe it David!!  :smth023
Now, excuse me as I dance around my house (ok, I'm a child on the inside...)
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Lady

Quote from: sues777 on May 07, 2008, 11:48:10
Now, excuse me as I dance around my house (ok, I'm a child on the inside...)
Oh,it's good to be child on the inside!!! :smth023
I'm like you, sues..and like Robert!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

For those who didn't pre-order yet, "The Onlye One" single is already available in the Curefans.com Store, under the "New releases" category

http://store.curefans.com

:smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

sues777

Quote from: Lady on May 07, 2008, 12:05:21
Oh,it's good to be child on the inside!!! :smth023
I'm like you, sues..and like Robert!!! :-D

Yes it is Lady!!  Thankyou for understanding!!  :D
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Brother Tims

To be honest, it sounds exactly like the self titled album from 2004. I had hoped for a real departure, something completely different. But I guess the times when The Cure brought some really big surprises are long gone.

rodney

I think you're wrong.  I think it sounds more like a mix of Wish and the self-titled album.  Of course, all we've heard is the first verse of one song.

disintegration

I have pre-order the cd single and vynil 45"!  :smth023
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

DroidAKov

I've surprised myself by in fact liking the sound of the only one.
yet again another example of holding fire on judgement.
I'm not a fan of forming an opinion based on live performance, its all well and good doing this with already released material.
In other words I'm glad I never jumped on that band wagon of 'this sounds rubbish' during the euro tour.

Anyway, in completely unrelated news....Anyone heard any rumours/thoughts etc on the possibility of an appearence at any European festivals.
I've held out this long postponing my decision on where to go hoping something would get announced.  Anyone reckon I should give up on that 'dream'?