2007.08.08 Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

i'll try to upload my photos tomorrow, regardless of how crap they might be..

@ Jeff: cheers mate..

everyone else who's going to a show, have a blast! I know you will..

nausearockpig

Quote from: Bloodflower2000 on August 09, 2007, 11:10:32
How many fans were with the Concert in Brisbaine, Adelaide, Hong Kong and Singapore??

the Brisbane Entertainment Centre was by no means full. the back top section of seats were curtained off and the stage was moved forward- have a look at the attached picture to see what i mean. the first standing area was 2/3 full and the second was probably 1/2 full.. mind you i didn't take too much notice of the crowd back there but it wasn't packed to full capacity ..

from memory the centre can hold 12000 people? i doubt that there were more than 5000 people there..

sad really but that's brisbane for you... and the centre is out in the middle of fking nowhere... unlike sydney..

j

I wish the pics from my phone turned out that well!

spherikus

ok, well since you don't think they're that bad... here's some more... (although i assure you that these are the best ones... for every one of these there's at least another one that's an indistinct blur)

also, search 'the cure brisbane' on youtube, some enterprising soul has already got quite a few videos up.

cosmicnights

Here is a phone video recording of 'at night'.  Have more pics and little stories, also a video of them leaving Brisbane airport.  Am too tired to set it all up tonight.  Been curing hard last two days.
Poor Robert.  I don't know how he sang tonight in Sydney.  Waiting for a friend to let us know.  He was in a very hungover state at 2pm today.  Poor thing :(
http://www.youtube.com/v/rlPQtoK7r0I

dsanchez

Quote from: cosmicnights on August 09, 2007, 16:24:05
Poor Robert.  I don't know how he sang tonight in Sydney.  Waiting for a friend to let us know.  He was in a very hungover state at 2pm today.  Poor thing :(

What does mean "hungover state"?. Does he was hungry?. Sorry, a non-english speaker here  :roll:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

[labyrinth]

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

toneta

"Hung over" or "hang over" - both these mean that he had been drinking lots of alcohol the night before, and was suffering for it (for example, headaches and on).

I think though, when you are extremely tired, you can appear hung over as well! (though I am sure in Robert's case he had been sampling some great Australian wines!)

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: billee on August 09, 2007, 11:42:52
Thanks for all your effort Javier , you are a legend. Hmmmm with the comments about the 30 plusses only bopping and singing to the chart hits does that mean I'll  be the old chook ( 45) singin " something small falls out of you mouth and we laugh" . I'll be singing and dancin to One Hundred Years and all the rest. Bring it on.  :D :lol:

"a prayer for something better, a prayer for something better... please love me. meet my mother, but the fear takes hold"  :rocker Rock on you old chook, I'll be there with ya pal! I hope your in general admission with me to mate! Chat to you soon I hope anyway!

Cheers everyone for the photos and setlists and rundowns etc... This website is fan-bloody-tastic! I feel part of a community (which I never really have before) united by a terrific band... and it's making me feel all squishy inside! ;) I should ask if anyone knows if there is a banner in here somewhere that I can paste to my myspace page to help promote it? I've been lazy and not bothered to vernture outside of the places I usually post on!
Come on...GROUP(cyber)HUG people!!! :-D
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Sussex

Great photo Spherikus..and great comment ~*CherryRed*~

This time when i read all the post particularly in this topic i start to realize that im in a great great community..

Plus with "the greatest band in the planet" as David always said..

So touching.. :smth010
"Thick As Shit"

hush

Someone asked before how many people were at the Brisbane concert.
We asked a security person && he said approx. 7000 people.

nausearockpig

7000?? that's pretty poor.. even for brisbane...

iwannashagsimon

Cool photos, spherikus!  Damn!  You were close. :-D

hush

I didn't know where to post this, so I'm posting it here as it does have something to with the Brisbane concert lolol.

Some fans meet Robert in Brisbane (I'm pretty sure it's Brisbane anyway)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2x-jQhoPKY