Virus?

Started by Bone, October 12, 2005, 14:11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Bone

My computer is screwed up I can only have 1 IE open if I try to open another it comes up with out any adress bar and it dosn't load google(my homepage) and sometimes when I right click no menu comes up. and on AIM when I click on a screen name on my buddy list it wont open up an IM window.
-Bone

dsanchez

This is a tipic "Spyware". Sometimes It's not easy to get rid of that shit.

First download adaware software from

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Scan your PC. If the problem persist, let us now what kind of bar do you get, what is the address on it...and any detail you notice.

Cheers

David.

Quote from: BoneMy computer is screwed up I can only have 1 IE open if I try to open another it comes up with out any adress bar and it dosn't load google(my homepage) and sometimes when I right click no menu comes up. and on AIM when I click on a screen name on my buddy list it wont open up an IM window.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

I agree.  Adaware will find the spyware.  My suggestion.....download Mozilla Firefox and use that as your browser.  99% of all viruses are written to attack Microsoft products, therefore Mozilla is not vulnerable.  I started using it a couple years ago on my laptop and haven't had any problems.  I had an issue on my PC recently, but I was using IE at the time.  Good luck!

lostflower4

Yes, it's definitely spyware, or some sort of Trojan. However, I've discovered no program catches everything. Along with AdAware, I also use SpySweeper and Spybot. Spybot doesn't catch a lot of things, but it will pick up things that the other two miss sometimes.

Sometimes these nasty things will get so bad that program disables the use of these of anti-spyware programs and other features of your computer, such as a the task manager. You should try rebooting in safe mode (just tap on F8 like crazy while your computer restarts). AdAware will run fine in safe mode. This is a good way to get rid of a lot of shit without interference.

Whoever makes this horrible crap needs to be shot! :twisted:

Bone

I downloaded adaware and when I click on it it dosn't open. and also I just notcied I only have problems with right click on IE.
-Bone

lostflower4

Looks like the bad program is blocking you from running AdAware. I've experienced this. Try going into safe mode as I described above. Basically reboot and tap the heck out of the F8 key.

Then run AdAware!

Bone

I'm back to normal I restarted my computer ran adaware and it worked and now I'm on firefox! Thanks!
-Bone