2008.05.15 Toronto - Air Canada Centre (Canada)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 16, 2008, 04:42:57
You and me both!  Although, I kind of have the feeling it is coming up.....

Looks like I got the right encores, just the wrong order. 

j

Weak.  I swear to god, if they do not play the Faith encore and they play it during your run of shows BC, I will hunt you down!!!! :smth067 :smth063 :smth076

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 16, 2008, 04:55:06
Weak.  I swear to god, if they do not play the Faith encore and they play it during your run of shows BC, I will hunt you down!!!! :smth067 :smth063 :smth076

They'll play it at the Shrine and RCMH.  Maybe a Faith, A Forest encore at some random show. 

crowbi_wan

Thanks for the live updates, exploding boy.  Very kind of you to do so.  :smth023

the exploding boy

fuckin' great show.....my 10th cure concert and probably one of my faves just for the fact that i had such a blast tonight with my best friend who had never seen the cure. i was worried cos' the cure do such long sets that he'd be bored as he hated queens of the stone age last weekend. but he absolutely adored the show and was up dancing ang singing the whole night.

shitty turnout in toronto, the venue was 3/4 full and the crowd, typical for toronto, was pretty lame.

we had a blast though and our section was up dancing. the girls in front of me kept laughing cos' i was having such a good time. they got up to leave during the first encore and i gave them shit. they said they were to old for it and i laughed saying i was older than they were!

overall....much, much better than the curioso show in toronto in 2004.

scatcat

Quote from: j on May 16, 2008, 04:55:06

J  .. who are you gonna hunt down?   should someone be worried..??  ;)

overall, the setlists sounded pretty tame. 
I think of one thing now.. I'm over the 'faith' encore.. we got it eventually.. what about some new stuff OR... some golden oldies that have not been played?

wishful thinking..  :smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

bobcat

great show! not many toronto show people reporting! hmmm

that porland dudes high heeled red ruby platform shoes was pretty cool! i could see those from were i was..nice touch!

a great show...the crowd seemed a bit dead and people sat down for some songs..but loved friday im in love which was sorta annoying! haha that songs too poppy! i like the other material! but all and all it was a good show....

cheers

adrianf74

Quote from: instigator on May 15, 2008, 16:10:00
Just spoke to Fan Services at the ACC.  The camera policy tonight is no video/audio recording devices or professional cameras with lenses above 75mm.

Standard ACC/LiveNation crap.  Not that it mattered; there are two known recordings of the show already.

adrianf74

I thought it was a very interesting, non-standard, set list.  A  little too "poppy" for my liking, however, it was cool to hear some stuff that isn't being preformed regularly.

The crowd was VERY dead and I was standing on the floors in the 5th row.  There were a few people singing along during a few of the songs where needed but not many.

I enjoyed the show better than the last two times I'd seen them ('04 and '96) and would go as far as saying I enjoyed it as much as (maybe better than) the Wish Tour even though that was a different animal.

bobcat

glad to see u think this show was really good.. i have only seen the cure twice. this toronto one in 08 and the last time during the curiosa thing in toronto

this show was much better..i dont care for the amphitheater ..too big!  and of course this was a lot longer of a set

04 was good..but this was more memoriable...friday im in love i could of done without.

and ya the crowd sucked..people were really quite and sat down a lot. oh well. our section was dancing around..robert was standing watching us for awhile..apparently he likes that...obviously!