2007.10.20 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, July 31, 2007, 23:20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Yves28

You can imagine there will be guys buying that to him ... :?

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on November 05, 2007, 13:33:04
My curiosity got the best of me, so I checked out that guy's videos over at Youtube.  I can honestly say I have Cure concerts I paid $25(USD)for that look tons better than for what he's charging $250(USD)!

if he's really the same guy that filmed that one existing 2004 mexico audience video i'm thinking about now, then the quality is going to be pretty poor indeed... not worth anyone's money.

in all, it's sad. :x
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: sullen on October 15, 2007, 15:44:13
Personally, ill upload my tapes if i come back with anything good,
this is such a nice thing that has happened on dime,
and the prayer board has just pushed me to the better spirited side
of the 'should i' or 'i will' debate.

So any news?. Of course you're not obligated, but here everyone is waiting for your "better spirited side" :twisted:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

pablovi

Quote from: dsanchez on November 05, 2007, 06:32:36
Quote from: pablovi on November 05, 2007, 06:24:39
I've been collecting them since I was about 12, and the internet didn't even existed then, the only way to get some bootlegs was to buy them,

That's true. I also bought some bootlegs in the past. Here in Peru we have this places called the "holes" (huecos) where you could find rare music. I remember in the beginning of the 90's I bring my tape, they record the show there and charged me a fee. But that was in the 90's. Now the Internet makes possible to share this kind of hard-to-find shows for free, without needing to pay money to people who obviously does not give a shit about the artist like this Luis :evil:

Yeah, for some artist the internet does help, The Cure and U2 have a very susbtantial fan base, and you can find almost anythign on line, but I haven't been able to find any of the 2 Roger Waters DVD's in Mexico city on the net. So the only option I have is to buy them from that guy.

Next saturday I will go to that flea market to see if he's selling it cheaper there and then I will upload it to to my web page to download.

j

Quote from: pablovi on November 05, 2007, 19:54:38
Quote from: dsanchez on November 05, 2007, 06:32:36
I've been collecting them since I was about 12, and the internet didn't even existed then, the only way to get some bootlegs was to buy them,

That's true. I also bought some bootlegs in the past. Here in Peru we have this places called the "holes" (huecos) where you could find rare music. I remember in the beginning of the 90's I bring my tape, they record the show there and charged me a fee. But that was in the 90's. Now the Internet makes possible to share this kind of hard-to-find shows for free, without needing to pay money to people who obviously does not give a shit about the artist like this Luis :evil:

Yeah, for some artist the internet does help, The Cure and U2 have a very susbtantial fan base, and you can find almost anythign on line, but I haven't been able to find any of the 2 Roger Waters DVD's in Mexico city on the net. So the only option I have is to buy them from that guy.

Next saturday I will go to that flea market to see if he's selling it cheaper there and then I will upload it to to my web page to download.

I got an email back from the guy saying how tough security is in his country and he wants to be compensated for his work.  He dropped his price to $250 for me :smth023

What a prick :smth011

Pooka

Quote from: CharcoalFace on November 04, 2007, 00:20:03
Nice to hear that
:) thats exactly what i told him, ive never EVER spend a single cent on recordings...

I forgot to mention the saddest thing about this, he told me that he has "another" (other than his)version of the 20 oct gig, and he gladly will sellit to me for $100 pesos (10 dollars aprox)which is kind of sad because i bet my left thumb that this recording is J's :( 

Also, is funny that he says something like "i'm selling these vids at that price because once i have sold them, theyr'e going to be pirated over and over again"

But, apparently is ok for him to download somebody else's recording and sell it... anyways, he's just trying to make some bucks out of his recordings, and other's recordings as well.. i feel sorry about this shit...

Hi, I'm new here too, his name is Luis Peñaflor, he records most of the concerts in Mexico city, both audio and video and he sells them, apparently some people buy them, because he's been doing it for a while now, he has a vending post on El Chopo, a flea market specialized in hard to find music and bootlegs in Mexico city. He sold the REM DVD to an REM fan message board in Mexico about 2 or 3 years ago, that's how I know him, and he tried to sell the DVD and audio recording of U2 to a U2 fan forum, but they didn't do it. I bought the U2 DVD on ebay at $25 USD and distribuited it for free on that forum. He's not really a fan, that's his bussiness.  I won't spend that much on a bootleg, but I have bought some bootlegs in the past, I've been collecting them since I was about 12, and the internet didn't even existed then, the only way to get some bootlegs was to buy them, I even bought some in Florence Italy.

I understand that you don't supoport the buying of bootlegs, but for some of us that's the only way to get some material. Off course asking $3000 pesos for one is insane!

The best way to beat people like that at their game is to take up the risk and hobby oneself, invest that $ in taping or filming gear, so you don't have to buy it and plus you can easily share with others.

The best story is still this one filmer from U2 world who was soliciting donations for filming seats for the 2005 tour, towards paying scalpers for particular seats. Of course many people frowned asking for money in advance, but it's really not that different from these free market sellers.

By the way why is ebay mexico's site called El Mercardo Libre, = The Free Market? You can find Cure Mexico 04 DVDs on there, probably from the same guy. Gives capitalism a very bad name...

dsanchez

Quote from: Pooka on November 06, 2007, 00:29:49
By the way why is ebay mexico's site called El Mercardo Libre, = The Free Market? You can find Cure Mexico 04 DVDs on there, probably from the same guy. Gives capitalism a very bad name...

This guy is selling a Cure bootleg here   :?

Hopefully, you can complain about this ilegal articles here, which is what I'm going to do now. I hope they will remove those items asap :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

pablovi

Quote from: Pooka on November 06, 2007, 00:29:49

The U2 Mexico city DVD bootleg that I bought was from Ebay, not the mexican Ebay, the american one, so they sell bootlegs everywhere.

Anyway, mercadolibre endorse the selling of any ilegal material because they earn a profit and they wil do nothing to stop that. The one negative feedback that I have in my acount there, was because I bid on a U2 ticket they were reselling, which is illegal in Mexico, the guy was asking about a $1000 dollars for the ticket, so I decided to bid and never pay him for that, that way the auction was closed. I got a negative feedback and mercadolibre did nothing about it!

BTW. Capitalism is bad, no need for anything to give it a bad name!  ;)

j

Got this email yesterday about the videos.  Looks like there is a half price sale going on!   :rocker

Can anyone translate? 

Hola que tal,

Te escribo informàndote que tengo un conocido que grabò los conciertos de The Cure en el palacio de los deportes de los dìas 20 y 21 de octubre, grabò dos horas veinte minutos (2:20 hrs) y los està ofreciendo en $1,500 pesos cualquiera de los dos.

Estos videos no los ha sacado y nadie màs los tiene mas que èl.

Esto por una urgencia que tiene, aqui te dejo el link a sus videos:

The Cure 20.10.07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtf1FZ4HnI

The Cure 21.10.07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLCJ2VDLIU

Lo puede contactar directamente a èl o conmigo para màs informaciòn de los dvds.

Salu2

Tony

04455 4052 7752

dsanchez

Translation. What an arsehole! :smth011

QuoteHello, how are you

I write you to inform you that I know someone who taped the Cure gigs in the Palacioo de los deportes the days 20 and 21 october, and recorded 2hours 20 minutes and is selling these videos for 137US$ each one.

These videos are "unreleased" and he's the only one who own them.

This is because he wants to sell this as soon as possible, here I let you the links to the videos

The Cure 20.10.07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtf1FZ4HnI

The Cure 21.10.07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLCJ2VDLIU

You can contact him directly or to me for more information about the dvd's

Regards

Tony the mexican prick

04455 4052 7752
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: j on November 13, 2007, 18:35:19
Got this email yesterday about the videos.  Looks like there is a half price sale going on!   :rocker

Tell him to f*ck off :evil:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ratm