Your favourite female artist

Started by Lady, September 17, 2007, 18:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

rubcure

[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

Janko

SIOUXSIE
KATE BUSH
SUZANNE VEGA
CYNDI LAUPER
ELIZABETH FRASER
YOU KNOW... THE USUAL GANG!

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Lady

Amy Whinehouse!
Great voice, great soul! :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Hero

Kate Bush
Siouxsie
AND
GWEN STEFANI

scatcat

hey.. what about Janis Joplin??  :rocker
.. God I wish she had  a longer life to contribute to music, although she did succumb like so many of her time to the traps of musicians of her era.. just imagine..

;) now that's a John song.. [favourite male artist].. maybe a new thread??  :-D

p.s. LuvURobert.. Everythingbut the Girl is my liking too!!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Janko

Quote from: Lady on November 05, 2007, 19:47:15
Amy Whinehouse!

SHE HAS SOME PROBLEMS THERE DAYS!

DID YOU SEE HER AT MTV'S EUROPEAN MUSIC AWARDS?

IT WAS A SHIPWRECK!

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

gotta say.. I find this an example of NOT WHAT TO DO OR BECOME when you have the world at your feet.

Obviously, to her father and people surrounding her, that the fact remains.. every person is in control of their own destiny. There are many paths. Not all of them are the right path, or the necessary path, or the easy path.. Life is an experience.
In the catergory of this most recent battle are : Brittany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, bah humbug.. don't read the rags that much. But There are many who have survived, in showbiz.. Drew Barrimore, Jodie Foster, etc..
I suppose I particularly want to give Brittany(I'm sorry if I can't spell her name?) a bit of a chatting to, since she has children.. but Hollywood is a terrible canker as well as the paparazzi.. but if ya wanna be famous.. ??? :shock:
Not only do they need psychologists for themselves, but their kids??

Who would want that?

Crazy fans..( umm.. I'm not acrazyfan) paparazzi.. they can't live life without every move caught on camera...--------- think Princess Diana. :smth059
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Quote from: Janko on November 06, 2007, 15:24:15
Amy Whinehouse!

IT WAS A SHIPWRECK!

Yes!!!!
I was so disappointed because I was waiting for that show just to see her...and  the performance was horrible! :smth011
She was completely drunk!!! :lol:

Anyway her voice is amazing, BACK TO BLACK is a wonderful song for me... :roll:
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

shel1971

OMG! It took me 5 pages to find someone that said Tori Amos! I love her and I'm not sure how out of the loop I am, but I also love Aimee Mann (formerly Til Tuesday front woman). For the most recent I also love Amy Lee of Evanescence.

Quote from: Lady on September 17, 2007, 18:57:51
Often they say that women can't be good musicians...this is just a lieeee!!!!! :?

I'd like to know which female artists you appreciate. :smth001

For me the first one is TORI AMOS!!!
I love her, amazing voice, great artist and so fascinating!!!!
Have you ever listened to her version of "lovesong"?? Awesome... :roll:

LuvURobert

Quote from: Lady on November 06, 2007, 16:41:02
Quote from: Janko on November 06, 2007, 15:24:15
Amy Whinehouse!

IT WAS A SHIPWRECK!

Yes!!!!
I was so disappointed because I was waiting for that show just to see her...and  the performance was horrible! :smth011
She was completely drunk!!! :lol:

Anyway her voice is amazing, BACK TO BLACK is a wonderful song for me... :roll:

Ok, I've never heard of Amy Whinehouse ~ so I just took a peek at a few songs on Youtube (quick and dirty).  I have to say I like her voice.  Kind of reminds me of one of my fav's Billy Holliday.  And from what I've just glimpsed in Wikipedia... she's banned in the U.S. for marijuana possession??  Blasphemy!  Anyway, that stinks that she had a terrible performance for the MTV awards!!  Couldn't tell from what I saw on YouTube.  :smth017
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

robiola

Agree about Kate Bush, The Kick Inside is one of my all-time favorite albums.
But nobody has a voice like Siouxsie!!

Lady

Quote from: shel1971 on November 10, 2007, 05:26:41
OMG! It took me 5 pages to find someone that said Tori Amos! I love her and I'm not sure how out of the loop I am, but I also love Aimee Mann (formerly Til Tuesday front woman). For the most recent I also love Amy Lee of Evanescence.
Agree about Amy Lee, even if in the live performances her voice is not good as in the records...but I love "My immortal", it's such a touching song! :roll:

japanesebaby

some good names proposed here since... but i think this bearded lady still does get the gold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0oUfbXgoO0

i love the stuff she did for that BBC TV christmas special 1979 (even though it features peter gabriel ;-P). :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOlFKO0Fw9Q
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Carnage Visor

Eh, Tori Amos is just a cheap ripoff of Kate Bush IMO, her album covers even copy Kate's...

Nobody will ever beat the original!  :P

Cure Freak

Quote from: Lady on November 10, 2007, 12:17:23
Quote from: shel1971 on November 10, 2007, 05:26:41
Agree about Amy Lee, even if in the live performances her voice is not good as in the records...but I love "My immortal", it's such a touching song! :roll:
That is one of my favorite Evanescence songs. I simply love Amy's voice.