where to find 'subway' posters?

Started by blugel, November 09, 2005, 08:23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

blugel

A while back, a company called Burning Airlines used to sell these large posters called 'subway posters.'  I bought one from the release of "A Letter to Elise" but stupidly didn't take too much care of it.  I recently moved and wanted to rebuy a copy for framing only to see the place doesn't even carry those types of posters anymore.  I can't seem to find any place that does.  Whatever happened to such posters and is there anywhere to find them?  Dying to get a replacement for my elise poster.  Thanks!

japanesebaby

it's a boring answer but the only thing i know is to try ebay
some of these subway posters are up on auction every now and then - but i actually don't remember seeing elise there for a while
(what sort of poster was it  actually? cover art or something else?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

blugel

yeah, it was the cover art for the single, along with the tracklisting and formats and release date.  all of these types of posters seemed so abundant at one point and are now hard to find, god i hate when that happens.

japanesebaby

oh then i know this one: i remember it used to be widely available & actually i always thought of getting one too & then suddenly: all gone...  it's just irrational  :smt091
well i'll pm you if i see them anywhere since i've been hoping to find it too
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Stu

Your best bet is probably ebay, I got rare 'Inbetween Days' Fiction promo poster relatively cheaply a few months ago. you just have to keep checking. :D

Gweza

I have one of the "A letter to Elise" poster, I bough it there http://www.jinxrecords.com/ but it was about 10 years ago  :(
It is a really beautiful artwork (as Porl used to do), I'm very proud to possess one  :oops:  :D