North American Fall 2007 Cure shows re-scheduled for Spring

Started by vincent, August 24, 2007, 15:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooka

I think they just lost even more fans. Bob has gone mad.

j

To make matters worse, if you decide to get a refund on your tickets, TM will only refund the cost of the ticket, not the TM fees.  So not only do you lose money on flights, hotels, etc, but on TM as well

dsanchez

Quote from: j on August 24, 2007, 18:07:49
To make matters worse, if you decide to get a refund on your tickets, TM will only refund the cost of the ticket, not the TM fees.  So not only do you lose money on flights, hotels, etc, but on TM as well

The only who wins here is Ticketmaster. Looks like they never lose.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

some fan, from thecure.com

"POOR TICKET SALES, there is the real reason."

can this be true?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

closedown

superb... what a rule - I mean, if they hadn't set up the tour, one wouldn't have bought tickets + therefore paid the ticketmaster fee. don't know the law in the US, so can't help out on that, sorry, but one can't charge someone a fee for a concert that is cancelled. maybe a trick of TM to make even more money?
why not do a nice 'thank you list' with all the money listed + collect it and send it to The Cure's management?

Bloodflower

This is... devastating. How can they think this is all right? How on earth are they going to make up for this? This is an irredeemable action....

I need to take a walk.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

closedown

Quote from: dsanchez on August 24, 2007, 18:12:01
"POOR TICKET SALES, there is the real reason."

that was the thing I was yielding at with my upper posting... so, seems others counted 1+1=2 as well...

B.DEE

Why does this not surprise me at all?
Yeah, I'm a little upset.
Yes, I don't want to wait any longer ...
With the idea that the band [ie: Robert] is going to have another 6 months to work on perfecting the new "double album" ... all I'm saying is it better be the best thing they've ever done.
Now the expectation for a stellar album and an amazing tour is even higher.

Don't disappoint. Do Not.
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

rodney

I'm REALLY upset right now.  What should we do?  Will the tour routing change at all?  I'm confused.

japanesebaby

i'll be the official besserwisser-dickhead of the day and say:
who told them to book venues like madison square garden?
because if it was the ticket sales, then i'm not hugely surprised about this. they were booking such huge places before they have the album out - that was bound to be risky.
anyway, i'm sorry for all the people who already booked and maybe paid for flights and hotels etc.
i know a friend from finland who was going to go to NY and philadelphia shows... and it costs a LOT of money to plan such a trip, to get from here over there... i hope he didn't pay for everything already...  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

curiosa

shame on the cure (especially shame on robert) :smth011, sorry for all US-fans!!possible reasons: ticket-sales are/were poor :( or the band isn't in the mood for another tour (maybe someone has to go?) or they are too old to go on tour ;).Should be interesting to know if this has been robert's own decision or the complete band :roll:

all the best
curiosa

PS: enjoy listening to http://www.stage.fm/seconds/

Steve

This is all a bit "x-files"
Ticket sales. Age. Rifts in the camp.....

I have been waiting for a Sisters of Mercy LP for a lot longer than 3 years, so this is a minor set back.
Yeah I'm sorry for all those people who have made plans, but what's done is done & obviously the new LP isn't.
They should never have tempted us all with this tour in the knowledge that the LP wasn't finished yet. That is true.
But ask yourselves this.
Do you want to go & see the same stuff as you saw last time, or would you rather have something more polished & inclusion of new songs?
Remember that they will experiment with the new stuff live at first & you might be at the only concert where "song x" was ever played.
That would be a real buzz for me.
Chill out & it will all be okay.
s
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

rjl

I'm glad I didn't buy that ticket to Philly yet!

What sucks is that I had nice seats in Boston + NY. Boston was right next to the stage, and NY was at the front of a balcony (great for taping).

I do see JB's point about places like MSG, etc. That definitely took me a second to comprehend. I mean, they haven't played there for 20 years, right? And that was a time when they had a bit more "star power".

(Then again, I wondered the same thing when Depeche Mode toured "Playing The Angel"... and they played 3 nights @ MSG).

Anyhow, this is stupid, really stupid. I mean, most of the particulars (on their part, never mind the fans) must have been taken care of by this point.. all they'd need to do was show up, play and travel to the next gig.

For the most part, who really cares about the new album - at least when it comes to touring? (I mean, we'll all buy and listen to it and love it or hate it once it comes out).

The Cure are at a point where if you're going to to go see them, you're going to go see them. If you're not... a new album isn't going to change your mind, most likely. After 1992, have any of the albums really "sold" a tour? They haven't had any big singles (and the resulting exposure) since "Friday..."

Anyhow, my point is that they could easily tour without an album (especially b/c they aren't doing this with any label support, correct? If they were, I would understand, as they'd be at the mercy of the label and their desire for "return on investment").

Oh well... the bright side is that I can put more money aside and try to hit some more shows next time around!

rjl

Quote from: closedown on August 24, 2007, 18:16:03

superb... what a rule - I mean, if they hadn't set up the tour, one wouldn't have bought tickets + therefore paid the ticketmaster fee. don't know the law in the US, so can't help out on that, sorry, but one can't charge someone a fee for a concert that is cancelled. maybe a trick of TM to make even more money?
why not do a nice 'thank you list' with all the money listed + collect it and send it to The Cure's management?

Normally I'd say "well, they did print and mail the tickets, and do have bandwidth and server and labor costs - even if their charges are INSANELY high", but they really should refund the charges - if anything because for each refunded ticket, that is one more ticket they can sell (again) to someone else, and get overpaid for (again).

Now, I don't mind charges - I mean, they are a business, after all - but they are getting really out of hand (esp. at the volume + efficiency that they run at), as are ticket prices. But that's another thread, entirely.

rodney