North American Fall 2007 Cure shows re-scheduled for Spring

Started by vincent, August 24, 2007, 15:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

rjl

Well, I just got an email from TM about the postponement. However, it only mentioned the option for a refund, with no mention of whether or not the old tickets will be honored at the new date.

I did send them an e-mail just now, asking them if a refund is my only recourse, or if they will be honored... and if the new seats @ the new date will be the same (if at the same venue), or at least of comparable class (I'll be pretty bullshit if I paid upwards of $75/seat, only to be shoved behind a pole, in the nosebleed section, at the new date!).

If I get any interesting / noteworthy answers, I shall post them...

j

I was scheduled to go to 7 shows.  At this point, I think I am only going to hold on to 3 of them- all shows I can drive to.  I was only going to Chicago because it was on a Saturday night.  What happens if I hold onto the ticket and the rescheduled date is a Tuesday?  Makes no sense, although nothing today has made much sense.  20 days before the tour...and the pricks postpone it. :smth097  Who gives a f*ck about the album?  It has been delayed and delayed and delayed.  What's another few months if it means keeping the people that are going to buy the damn thing happy?

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on August 24, 2007, 20:37:45
20 days before the tour...and the pricks postpone it. :smth097  Who gives a f*ck about the album?

yes who gives a f*ck indeed. a friend of mine just lost i think some $600/700+ dollars on flight tickets alone (non-refundable, tourist class) 
so any re-scheduled dates won't help.
he says he's going to kill someone.  :evil:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Well, as pissed as I am, I plan to hold onto my six tickets and just work out what I can when new dates are announced.  Red Rocks might be out, though  :x  And surely my plans of going to France in the spring are all but gone  :smth099 

Plainsong

That is my plan too. I'll keep my tickets and do what I can to get to the shows when they finally happen. To not go at all would be too sad!
And one of my planned shows is Download and I'll still be going!

rjl

I do wonder what happens, for those holding onto their tickets (I am awaiting confirmation from TM that I can definitely do this), if someone cannot make the show, come Spring-time? Can they still return them to TM for a refund? or are they stuck trying to sell tickets to an old show, at a loss, and having to convince someone on craigslist or eBay that "yes, it says September, but trust me, it's fine" (and then hope that it is, in fact, fine).

Oh well.

As for a reason, I'm leaning towards the "ticket sales" theory, myself.

japanesebaby

but lucky you who can still keep planning to hold on to your tickets. unfortunately it's not an option for everyone.

rjl

Yeah, I can't imagine what that would be like.  :smth011

I hope I never find out...

(However, the getting stuck with a pile of tickets thing... this has happened to me quite a few times... Once with 6 or 7 $80 tickets for a rescheduled Bowie show in 2003. I was out a lot of cash, and was too polite to make friends who couldn't make the make-up show pay me...)

Is your friend who bought the tickets to the US able to re-schedule the flight for next year? Sometimes you can do that (although it costs more money, of course  :( ), and possibly change the destination, I think (Europe tour, maybe?). Then again, I imagine a trip over here (or anywhere) requires some planning, so it's never that easy...

I hope it all works out, somehow...

agusramirez

Such a bad news, I was going to travel from Mexico to the NYC concert. Lucky I stll have't booked anything!!! Now I'm not suro what to do, look for a refund or reschedule my trip for the spring.

Let's wait for the shows here in Mexico city!!!!!

Regards

AR

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on August 24, 2007, 21:54:58
Is your friend who bought the tickets to the US able to re-schedule the flight for next year? Sometimes you can do that (although it costs more money, of course  :( ), and possibly change the destination, I think (Europe tour, maybe?). Then again, I imagine a trip over here (or anywhere) requires some planning, so it's never that easy...

no. the cheapest tourist class flight tickets are 100% non-refundable and you cannot re-schedule anything/change the destination or the dates. once you've accepted to pay for them they are only valid for those original destination/dates. so in a situation like this, you lose all your money... and if you want to hold on to your concert tickets you're forced to buy new flight tickets. it's a LOT of money...

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 24, 2007, 22:14:04
Quote from: rjl on August 24, 2007, 21:54:58

no. the cheapest tourist class flight tickets are 100% non-refundable and you cannot re-schedule anything/change the destination or the dates. once you've accepted to pay for them they are only valid for those original destination/dates. so in a situation like this, you lose all your money... and if you want to hold on to your concert tickets you're forced to buy new flight tickets. it's a LOT of money...

When he's going to travel? Maybe he can make it for the Download festival or Mexico city and not lose everything? :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

no it's impossible to change the dates on the flight tickets. since the tickets were booked to match certain US dates in september, it's impossible to use them to go to mexico in october. because you cannot change the dates on the tickets at all, neither can you change the destinations. 

i always fear this same thing when i buy flight tickets. because i always have to buy the cheapest class tickets myself too (which are 100% non-refundable). flying out of finland is expensive because only the major airlines fly here, none of these cheap small airlines companies do. so you cannot get these really cheap flights anyway, it's always going to cost hundreds of euros, even with these non-refundable tourist tickets. it's really a lot more expensive to buy so-called flexible tickets (with which you can change the dates/destnations), i've never been able to afford these flexible tickets myself. so everytime i am going to fly, i always fear something will happen and i'll lose everything. like, if you're simply late from your flight you are screwed! i'm always paranoid before a flight because of this. when i flew to london for the royal albert hall gig, my flight left at 6 am. i couldn't sleep one single minute the night before it because i was so afraid i would not wake up and miss my flight. then i couldn't even sleep on the plain and didn't want to waste my time in london by staying in the hotel and sleeping, so i actually ended up being up for some 40+ hours straight there... i was totally manic and disoriented at the end of it. 

closedown

Quote from: rjl on August 24, 2007, 21:39:49
I do wonder what happens, for those holding onto their tickets (I am awaiting confirmation from TM that I can definitely do this), if someone cannot make the show, come Spring-time? Can they still return them to TM for a refund?

normally yes, cause unless a new date is set you can't be sure if you can make the show, so normally some time then is scheduled so you can send the old tickets back + get your refund if you can't make it. I had the pleasure of such a thing here in Europe where a gig was postponed + you could get your money back - then they set a new date which I couldn't make + returned my ticket then and received the money (incl. booking fee) that I paid for the gig.

obviously lots of questions with all this going along + hopefully some more real information rather than speculation will come up in the next weeks.
suggestion - what about a seperate topic with real facts (when they appear), where all this is collected (sth like: USA/Canada Tour cancelled - what to do now?)

silversand

I can understand you all, that you are sad, upset etc. that the USA Tour is pushed back to 2008.
I really hope that you can get the money back for the flight and hotel, even if it's not all of the money.
We have to accept the decision anyway,because we all can't change it. Sad but true  :)
Hope they will do a real tour in 2008!!

Dillinger

its just shit really. no two ways around it, the band are in the wrong here