RS message on the main site [FUSE tv broadcast]

Started by j, June 18, 2008, 13:36:49

Previous topic - Next topic

ghanisbuli

You have to click "The Cure" on the left side, and then The Cure in BC (for the glowing pants--Vancouver show).  I also went to Sasquatch, which is the other album (front and center!!!), and Porl was wearing a kilt that night.  I think that should bring you to the pictures... I was kind of confused when I was making this album.

If that doesn't work, I think there's another way I can link it.

Oh, and Porl also wore ruby red heels in Vancouver!  Haha.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

firecrasher

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 24, 2008, 06:36:30
You have to click "The Cure" on the left side, and then The Cure in BC (for the glowing pants--Vancouver show).  I also went to Sasquatch, which is the other album (front and center!!!), and Porl was wearing a kilt that night.  I think that should bring you to the pictures... I was kind of confused when I was making this album.

If that doesn't work, I think there's another way I can link it.

Oh, and Porl also wore ruby red heels in Vancouver!  Haha.

...Wow. Do you suspect his tattoos are real? They match everything I have seen him in except this new color The Only One clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbHgebP-VU
[i]so this is permanence... love's shattered pride...[/i]

ghanisbuli

Porl's tattoos are real.  I think it's makeup on his eyes, though, but I guess I could be wrong.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

japanesebaby

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 25, 2008, 03:49:36
Porl's tattoos are real. 

i've heard people say that before but i've wondered if that's true.
for instance, look at this --> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4965.msg52809.html#msg52809

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

firecrasher

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 12:04:07
Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 25, 2008, 03:49:36
Porl's tattoos are real. 

i've heard people say that before but i've wondered if that's true.
for instance, look at this --> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4965.msg52809.html#msg52809

The more I look, the more I'm inclined to believe ghanisbuli... I think that video is just older. The head tattoos (if not the others) are pretty recent - take a look at Close Encounters of Chain of Flowers (http://www.pbase.com/craigparker/close_encounters). They seemed to appear sometime in 2007.

(Eek, time to get to work!)

Janko

I saw the DVD and I can't say I like what I see...

It seems like they don't have any direction, they are getting sloppy, they are too loose and they play like they'd rather be at home drinking tea...
And on the other side, they want to have fun on stage and go mad with guitars, but it just doesn't work.

New songs (except The Only One) are mediocre at best.

Simon and Jason were great though!
You could throw bricks at them and they wouldn't miss a note or beat...

So, my message to the band would be: GYSTaTTMIWs!!!
(or Get Your Stuff Together and Try To Make It Work somehow)
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

jvm1

I liked the show, too bad it wasn't the full show.
The stage lighting was awesome, When i saw them i was on the left side so I didn't get to see the effects of the lights from the front.
BABY RAG DOG BOOK holy balls is that song awesome and loud and awesome again

Bloodflower

Quote from: Janko on June 26, 2008, 04:58:15
I saw the DVD and I can't say I like what I see...

It seems like they don't have any direction, they are getting sloppy, they are too loose and they play like they'd rather be at home drinking tea...
And on the other side, they want to have fun on stage and go mad with guitars, but it just doesn't work.

New songs (except The Only One) are mediocre at best.

Simon and Jason were great though!
You could throw bricks at them and they wouldn't miss a note or beat...

So, my message to the band would be: GYSTaTTMIWs!!!
(or Get Your Stuff Together and Try To Make It Work somehow)

I have to disagree completely. Underneath the Stars is amazing. Baby Rag Dog Book is amazing. A Boy I Never Knew is amazing. The Only One is great. The Perfect Boy is great. Sleep When I'm Dead is great. All Kinds of Stuff is great. Freakshow is very good. NY Trip is good.

And honestly, whatever this band has lost in tightness it has more than made up for in energy. The only one who seemed to want to be somewhere else was Simon. And, well, that's understandable. Poor guy.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rubcure

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 27, 2008, 00:06:38
I have to disagree completely. Underneath the Stars is amazing. Baby Rag Dog Book is amazing. A Boy I Never Knew is amazing. The Only One is great. The Perfect Boy is great. Sleep When I'm Dead is great. All Kinds of Stuff is great. Freakshow is very good. NY Trip is good.

And honestly, whatever this band has lost in tightness it has more than made up for in energy.

I agree with you Bloodflower  :smth023
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

firecrasher

ghanisbuli

Quote from: rubcure on June 27, 2008, 00:41:08

And honestly, whatever this band has lost in tightness it has more than made up for in energy.

I also agree.  I'm not especially keen on The Only One, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Underneath the Stars, Baby Rag Dog Book, Sleep When I'm Dead, and Freakshow.  I'm incredibly excited for the new album.  I think the energy is fantastic, and they seem to be really enjoying themselves on stage.

I heard somewhere that Simon was sick in NY.  Did anyone else hear that?  I don't remember where I did.  I think he caught Robert's sickness.

Cold Colours

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 27, 2008, 03:18:08
Quote from: rubcure on June 27, 2008, 00:41:08

I also agree.  I'm not especially keen on The Only One, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Underneath the Stars, Baby Rag Dog Book, Sleep When I'm Dead, and Freakshow.  I'm incredibly excited for the new album.  I think the energy is fantastic, and they seem to be really enjoying themselves on stage.

I agree with all three of you.  Ghanisbuli has hit the nail on the head though.  I feel that with this 4Tour lineup, the band were exhibiting a fire and a passion for playing, live or in the studio, that I haven't seen since the Wish era.  I wasn't too sold on the first single either but I think they were wise to release the weaker singles earlier and then build up to the much better songs like "Freakshow", "Sleep When I'm Dead", "A Boy I Never Knew" or "Underneath The Stars".  I think they should've opened the single release salvo with "The Perfect Boy" myself.  Whatever they decide to release for further single material in the future, I, for one, am supremely f**king excited to hear the new album.

I've said it before: I believe this current configuration of The Cure is the finest and most thrilling there has been in a fair many years.  They managed to bring my tired old ass back from the brink of apathy and indifference to actually care passionately once again about a band that mattered so much to me in my formative years.

For that reason alone, as well as for the fact that I got to see them perform once again at their peak on the recent 4Tour, I will always be grateful.

Thanks Robert, Simon, Porl and Jason.  You made me a believer again.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

ghanisbuli

Quote from: Cold Colours on June 27, 2008, 05:40:20

I've said it before: I believe this current configuration of The Cure is the finest and most thrilling there has been in a fair many years.  They managed to bring my tired old ass back from the brink of apathy and indifference to actually care passionately once again about a band that mattered so much to me in my formative years.

For that reason alone, as well as for the fact that I got to see them perform once again at their peak on the recent 4Tour, I will always be grateful.

Thanks Robert, Simon, Porl and Jason.  You made me a believer again.

YES.  I was really, really sad when Perry and Roger were ousted, but now I'm incredibly glad that Porl is back in the band.  For whatever the reason, this change has seemed to add new fire to Robert's creativity.  I never stopped loving The Cure at all, but life got in the way, and I just stopped having such a... I dunno, "Cure drive"?  But now, I feel all giddy inside again.  Almost like I'm discovering them for the first time again.  And I just can't get enough of them.

sues777

I absolutely agree - the energy this line up's putting out is incredible!!  I saw them in Aus in August last year (oh, too, too long ago now  :() and was completely blown away.

And if the new singles and the new tracks premiered on the North American 4Tour are any indication of what's in store on the album, and I think they are, well, I'm going to be more than satisfied.  At the risk of sounding like a complete teenybopper, I'm actually really, really excited about the new album...

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 27, 2008, 09:58:10
I never stopped loving The Cure at all, but life got in the way, and I just stopped having such a... I dunno, "Cure drive"?  But now, I feel all giddy inside again.  Almost like I'm discovering them for the first time again.  And I just can't get enough of them.

You've put it perfectly ghanisbuli!!  Life got in the way for me as well but my enthusiasm has more than made a comeback!!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show