2008.03.08 Lisboa - Pavilhão Atlântico (Portugal)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:39:39

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

crowbi_wan

Another text from japanesebaby

rob has panda make-up.  atmosphere's really getting up here...!  : )

crowbi_wan

japanesebaby "push, friday -people are going crazy here:D"

crowbi_wan

More from japanesebaby

primary, never enough - tightest show i've heard so far.  this is great, whatever the setlist was...!

crowbi_wan

And another comment from japanesebaby

the best 100years i've heard.  porl spinning... ( in a skirt ).  i think robert saw my other voices sign.  let's hope...

Go Marika, hold that sign up high!  :rocker

CureCrusader

what about the curefans t-shirt??

did he see that?   :-D :-D
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

crowbi_wan

I knew a comment about this was coming...

From Japanesebaby

gaaa this f***ing f show!

crowbi_wan

The show is over. Thanks to Olivier for the setlist and to japanesebaby for the comments  :smth023

scatcat

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 09, 2008, 00:46:31

From Japanesebaby

i can say this.. GOD i missed ya guys! and the fact that I'm not the only one to wonder WTF with f***k show!??  :smth047

At least ol' Bob is dancing a storm with the pop encores.. good sign  :smth042

thanks to marika for her updates, VERY entertaining to read.
also crowbi_wan for  the relay, and of course olivier for keeping in touch. :smth023
Wish I was there  :(  the best medicine.  :smth016
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

crowbi_wan

Quote from: scatcat on March 09, 2008, 04:21:05
Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 09, 2008, 00:46:31

From Japanesebaby

i can say this.. GOD i missed ya guys! and the fact that I'm not the only one to wonder WTF with f***k show!??  :smth047

thanks to marika for her updates, VERY entertaining to read.
also crowbi_wan for  the relay, and of course olivier for keeping in touch. :smth023
Wish I was there  :(  the best medicine.  :smth016

Nice to see you back here with us Scatcat  :)

japanesebaby

back from lisboa - what a great time!  :rocker

i would have sent more comments but my phone was funny and i received these "failed" messages for some things i tried to sent and then i didn't bother typing the same things all over the again.
anyway, this was clearly the BEST show of all the ones i've seen so far, definitely! awesome crowds & atmosphere (now i really realized how totally lame the vienna show was now. sorry but that crowd just sucked!)
this time the band was in a really good mood and really enjoying themselves. and porl was especially awesome (need to write more about that...!), he was really jaw-dropping!  :shock: :smth035

yes, i had this big cardboard sign saying "OTHER VOICES". i was quite near the stage on porl's side and i tried to hold the sign up whenever robert walked to that end of the stage. he did see me during 'kyoto song', he was looking straight at me and smiling - after that he ignored me and my sign :( - and they didn't play it. :(
hey whatever then. anyway, we had fun there, some people around me rooting for me and my "mission other voices"... :smth023
(i just wish they don't decide to play it on barcelona tonight, otherwise i'll be maaaaaad...  :evil:)

but more about all that a bit later... need to rest a bit here first.
actually, i woke up 10.30 am on the concert day, went sightseeing for a few hours, then went to the venue in the afternoon, then: the show > after-party until appr. 4.30 am(?) > quickly back to my hotel around 5 am, to grab my things > taxi to the airport > morning flight to finland, arrived here in the afternoon around 15.30 pm.
i was planning to sleep in the plane but couldn't sleep a wink. this means i've been up for about 30 hours now and i think i'm getting slightly paranoid/delirious here... hehe :P

ps. thanks to all the people involved there in lisboa!  :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on March 09, 2008, 04:21:05

actually, i was talking about this after the show with ceho (from cureconnections). and we noticed that we agreed that even though one can easily bash the set lists when simply looking at them/reading through them and say they are repetitive, especially the encores (i've said that too, i know!).but actually, i have to take some of my previous possibly foul words back somewhat. because when you look at the band on stage now, when the atmospher's there and everything sort of clicks,when you look at them you can see how genuinely the band enjoys it, being on stage, playing those songs. so actually it's not quite right to say "come on, just stop that nonsense and just play 'faith' and ' the figurehead' for us!" - because the band you see on stage is definitely a band that is on GOOD mood, that's how they seem to be at the moment. so maybe playing 'faith' would mean they would have to "force" themselves to be a bit gloomy or something. maybe it's just not the most natural thing for them right now. so in this respect, when i fully realized this yesterday, i think i kind of forgive them whatever lovecats sillyness they do there - i'm not saying i prefer that to 'faith'  (or 'other voices'!!!). no i don't prefer it. but you somehow can't accuse them for doing what they do, as long as they do it naturally - and i think they just seem to be a very naturally happy band at the moment.
so let ol' bob dance all he wants now - because i'm sure there'll come a time when he'll be all gloomy and moody and all disintegrating again. ;)

Tof

Hello everybody and specially Marika !!!

I'm happy to meet you again in Lisboa, we spend a really great moment !!!

I'm not agree with you about "OTHER VOICES", I hope they play it in Barcelona  :-D

and if they play it I give you a big kiss in Paris !!!

I'm agree with you about what you say about the setlist and THE CURE, they are really happy on stage, and as we say yesterday I'm very surprise that everybody are dancing on the pop song and when THE CURE start to play Primary, 100 years or Disintegration fro exemple, nobody moved and stay quiet  :shock: !!!

So now have a good night Marika !!!

Tof

japanesebaby

Quote from: Tof on March 09, 2008, 17:33:22
I'm not agree with you about "OTHER VOICES", I hope they play it in Barcelona  :-D

and if they play it I give you a big kiss in Paris !!!

haha :-D
i don't mind the kiss but i still want my OTHER VOICES too!!!  :twisted:

Quote from: Tof on March 09, 2008, 17:33:22
I'm agree with you about what you say about the setlist and THE CURE, they are really happy on stage, and as we say yesterday I'm very surprise that everybody are dancing on the pop song and when THE CURE start to play Primary, 100 years or Disintegration fro exemple, nobody moved and stay quiet  :shock: !!!

that's true, especially when they played the section Push/Friday I'm In Love/Inbetween Days/Just Like Heaven/Primary - i personally thought that 'primary' was definitely the crown jewel of that set of songs, something to top it all... and yet suddenly everyone was just standing pretty quietly... there was just this one guy next to me who was really into 'primary' and with whom we were like "wtf...???" - so yes, it was weird sometimes!  :shock:
but everyone went just absolutely completely crazy during 'boys don't cry'  :shock: 
crazy people! :lol:

(but at least they were also just standing and staring during 'freak show' haha  :P)

robiola

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 09, 2008, 16:47:29
but actually, i have to take some of my previous possibly foul words back somewhat. because when you look at the band on stage now, when the atmospher's there and everything sort of clicks,when you look at them you can see how genuinely the band enjoys it, being on stage, playing those songs. so actually it's not quite right to say "come on, just stop that nonsense and just play 'faith' and ' the figurehead' for us!" - because the band you see on stage is definitely a band that is on GOOD mood, that's how they seem to be at the moment. so maybe playing 'faith' would mean they would have to "force" themselves to be a bit gloomy or something
You know, I had kind of the same reaction in Milan -- the weeks before the concert I kept saying ""Oh I hope they do the Faith encore, please do the Faith encore, blah blah blah" but once I was there, I felt like it just wouldn't have fit in with the whole mood of the night... Not that I wouldn't have liked it, but as you say, it would have felt kind of forced. It just wasn't that kind of concert. (Also, it wasn't that kind of crowd.) So I understand exactly how you feel. Even now that I've got the recording of the concert in the car playing constantly, instead of listening to the 17 Seconds encore, which I had thought would be the high point of the concert for me, I keep listening to The Kiss, Never Enough, The Baby Screams etc. -- the band just really rocked on those, those are the songs that take me back to the feel of that night.
:rocker