2008.02.16 Berlin - Velodrom (Germany)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:43:53

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Sat 16 Berlin Arena Velodrom
TICKETS ON SALE Sat 29th Sept 9am
thecure@karsten-jahnke.de
Tickethotline: +49 (0)1805-62 62 80
(0,14 â,¬ / per Minute, cellphone prices may differ )

Venue
http://www.velodrom.de/

Buy tickets
http://www.karsten-jahnke.de/tickets.php?artist=1985&event=7074

After Show Party
http://www.thecure.de/party

[japanesebaby reported live from Berlin]

Setlist

Mainset: Plainsong, Prayers for rain, Alt.end, Please project, A night like this, The walk, The end of the world, Love song, To wish impossible things., Pictures of you, Lullaby, From the edge of the deep green sea, The drowning man, Push, Just like heaven, Primary, A boy i never knew, If only tonight we could sleep, The kiss, Never enough, Wrong number, One hundred years, Disintegration

Encore 1: At night, M, Play for today, A forest
Encore 2: The lovecats, Let's go to bed, Freak show, Close to me, Why can't i be you?
Encore 3: Three imaginary boys, Fire in cairo, Boys don't cry, Jumping someone else's train, Grinding halt, 10:15 saturday night, Killing an arab
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

only phone sales? that's nuts! how come no internet sales? :?:

anyone know where the info for this one came from? the german ticketmaster shows nothing...
is this really confirmed?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 27, 2007, 21:07:08
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2007, 21:05:21
is this really confirmed?

100%. I won't lie to you ;)

ok but how on earth can any agency rely on PHONE sales only in 2007? this is like going baclk to the 80s or something!
insane!! it means it's really difficult to buy tickets outside germany!!  :x

sorry i'm mad (i'm not mad at you ;)) but this just makes things so damn difficult.
i still don't get it why kartenhaus website shows nothing at all - if the sales are about to start on saturday!

Oso Blanco

The Arena is 15 minutes to walk from where I live. I must admit, I am tempted ... but I don't think I'll go. The last Cure shows I saw (Dream Tour, Trilogy, Festival 2005) were so bad, that I swore I'd never go see them again.

I'm just listening to Glastonbury 1986 ... they were such a good live act back then!
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

dsanchez

Quote from: Oso Blanco on September 27, 2007, 21:42:34
The Arena is 15 minutes to walk from where I live. I must admit, I am tempted ... but I don't think I'll go. The last Cure shows I saw (Dream Tour, Trilogy, Festival 2005) were so bad, that I swore I'd never go see them again.

I'm just listening to Glastonbury 1986 ... they were such a good live act back then!

:?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

Don't worry japanesebaby, i think the Kartenhaus Jahnke will put the date and the price for the ticket etc. on website till saturday :) Hope that comes out right :)

I will go to the Concert :D

closedown

superb, and again one of the worst concert venues in Germany... instead of a nice more intimate night at the Tempodrom (excellent venue with good sound) again this horrible warehouse-style Arena... urks...

nevyn

japanesebaby

Quote from: closedown on September 27, 2007, 22:28:13
superb, and again one of the worst concert venues in Germany... instead of a nice more intimate night at the Tempodrom (excellent venue with good sound) again this horrible warehouse-style Arena... urks...

hey i love the old treptow warehouse arena! i was actually really happy to see they'll be playing there, instead of columbiahalle or something (for instance the security at columbiahalle is insane!). to me, treptow arena is one of the most atmospheric venues i've been to, in its weird kind of awkward and rather rough way. had the most greatest time there the last time i went to a concert there - to be perfectly honest the sound was maybe not the best ever, but the atmosphere made it all up - so it'll be very nostalgic to visit it again... (i really hope i can!). i have so good memories from this venue so i guess i can't be disappointed.

Oso Blanco

Quote from: closedown on September 27, 2007, 22:28:13

I agree that the Arena is not the best venue for a band to play in Berlin, but I wouldn't call the Tempodrom an "intimate" venue either ... I mean, it's not exactly the Columbia Halle or something! But The Cure have played both the Arena and the Tempodrom in the past, and neither turned out to be a breathtakingly good show.

Morrissey played the Arena, and he rocked the house! So I guess it doesn't depend on the venue alone, it's also about ability and charisma.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

sullen

does, karsten-jahnke.de, accept international orders online?
or is this going to be another fiasco like ordering mexico city tickets?

j

Quote from: sullen on September 28, 2007, 00:40:50
does, karsten-jahnke.de, accept international orders online?
or is this going to be another fiasco like ordering mexico city tickets?

Sullen:

I bought my 2002 tickets via them over the phone.  It was no problem then, so it shouel be alright now (at least I hope).  Let me know what you find out

j

Actually, the more I think about it, they took my order over the phone, then held the tickets until they received my international money order.  Once they received the money order via mail, they then sent me my tickets.  Very good organization.  I got my Woodstage and Zillo tickets through them

sullen

Cool.

Thanx for the info.
Dosen't sound too bad.
Was it easy to get someone who spoke english on the phone?
Or do you speak German?

I also emailed them just asking some questions about international orders.
When, and if, they reply, ill post the info here.

Wondering if tix are only available by phone?
And it's a pay hotline?
Is that like a 1900 that we know in the US?

I hope I will be able to call with a calling card as i havent had a landline in years
and verizon wireless wont let you dial out of country....

I'm pretty sure ill be at Hamburg and Berlin.
Just hope i can get tickets!!!!

What is the capacity of the Berlin arena?