Calling All Melbourne (Australia) Fans....

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, September 06, 2008, 02:24:52

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

Calling all you Cure-ie Melbourne-ites!

I have an idea... (and the heavens opened, and someone that looked slightly like God but without the beard and long flowing white hair, took notice also)

Would anyone be interested in setting up a Cure Party?

I had this brainstorm the other day, that if someone in Melbourne had set up a Cure night in a nightclub over there, I'd go.
I guess the idea is that a nightclub would literally just play the Cure all night. Without other music to spoil the effect. I thought Melbourne would be the place, as there are loads of us Cure-ies there. I suppose you could slip in some Smith period Banshees and The Glove, and any other collab's The Cure have done... to mix it up somewhat.
To make if fun, there could be a really naff (I love naff things btw!) competition for the best Smith look-a-like, maybe even some karaoke???? You get the idea!?

I'm just having some really bad withdrawl symptoms over here in Tassie. I feel the need to get a fix of The Cure in a (drinking) night out. I have given up on the nightclubs where I live... it is a sad sad story! you know what? I actually asked this 'kid' I work with if he knew who Robert Smith was, as his hair is very Smithesque... and he furrowed his brow (yes he furrowed!!) and said "nuh" to which I said The Cure? Same response. I was DEVASTATED! Why did I come to Tassie to live again? Well it wasn't for the people...

So, if you feel this is a good idea, let me know! Or not.  :smth023
"prone to flights of whimsy"

sues777

Great idea CherryRed!!! (although I'm not too sure about the karaoke  :?)  Only problem is I'm in the other big Aus city - Sydney  :(
Let me know if you're ever in Sydney though - I'm always up for a night of The Cure and drinking.  I'm known for subjecting unsuspecting non Cure fan friends to Trilogy whenever they pop round - think they're going to stop coming around at some point...   
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

nausearockpig

Maybe I'll sit down with the other Curefan in Brisbane and have a beer somewhere..LOL....

~*CherryRed*~

LOL, yeah no worries there Sues777! Out of curiosity (and to gauge public interest/demand) if by some miracle there is a Cure Party in Melb. would you travel down for it??

nausea, if I still lived on the Goldie, I would've taken a drive to join you and the other Curefan - then we could qualify as a Cure posse!  :-D

sues777

Now there's an idea Cherry - a curefans.com get together in Melb??  Yeah, I'd definitely try to make it.  There are a few members in Melb, aren't there?  Would be great for us all to catch up...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

~*CherryRed*~

Hey yeah... thats a great idea, if it was under the banner of curefans.com more people might think to make the effort to join in! Hmm... now where are these Melb. people? They need to get in on this!  :P

scatcat

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on September 06, 2008, 10:27:07
Hey yeah... thats a great idea, if it was under the banner of curefans.com more people might think to make the effort to join in! Hmm... now where are these Melb. people? They need to get in on this!  :P

hey.. we are here!   :D

the idea sounds great!
.. withdrawl symptoms are very strong here also..  :cry:

Count me in !  :smth023

:smth020

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

nausearockpig

does anyone know the actual number of aussie curefans?

japanesebaby

sounds like a great idea guys. :D
(i wish australia wasn't all the way on the other side of the globe... wow hey it's only 1700 euros ($2400 USD) for flight tickets over there.  :shock: :lol: ok that must mean that i'm not exactly in the melbourne area and therefore not qualified  :lol:)

hope you can arrange a meet-up for everyone, have fun!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

Quote from: nausearockpig on September 07, 2008, 05:10:05
does anyone know the actual number of aussie curefans?

.. packed out stadiums.. thousands.. hhmm.. I can't imagine..  :smth023

as far as curefans.com.. the actual members this reaches.. dunno.  :-D

but, with hope   

:smth059

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

~*CherryRed*~

Well, a few people have found this topic, and you all seem to like the idea - now it is just a chase of someone to organise it! As I live in Tassie, I would gladly organise it to be in Tassie - But to be frank, who wants to travel all the way down here? Thats why I suggested Melb. as the city. I guess it could be anywhere really, as people will most likely have to travel regardless. (I will!). Soooo... do I go this alone? Or is someone keen to help. I really would love this to happen, a big get together of curefans.com people - the "aussie contingent"!!! It would be a really fun night. Oh, and btw, anyone attending would have to wear or at the very least bring along their curefans.com t-shirt! That could be the 'ticket' to get in!! LOL... hurry up and buy a t-shirt you aussies!!!

Nausea, I have no idea just how many aussies there are in this forum - I might have to do some searching! The few that I personally am aware of will be sent a message directing them to this topic... so if anyone else reading this knows of some aussies, send 'em a message. Lets see what interest there really is for this!

nausearockpig

i wonder if someone who knows about IP addresses can hlep in the count.
Cherry: i reckon just spam everyone in the entire address book LOL!!!

kissingcrimson

hellloooo!!!! WOW!!! I've been gone for ages! Thankyou for directing me to this topic! Gosh I've missed you all! This sounds awesome, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is suffering! Eli, great idea!!

kind of embarrassing...but on the anniversary of the concert, i put on my tour t shirt and walked past Rod Laver arena...and sighed...felt like crying!

Let's see what we can do!

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

kissingcrimson

ps: CUREFANS T SHIRT!! lol...I'm gonna have to get another one...I threw mine at Robert :)
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'