2008.12.14 Universal City - Gibson Amphitheatre 'KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas'

Started by crowbi_wan, November 21, 2008, 03:17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

6pm start for the show.  The Cure take the stage at 10:15.  I'm assuming they'll only get an hour.  :roll:  :smth076

minisuperjennifer

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 12, 2008, 05:23:22
6pm start for the show.  The Cure take the stage at 10:15.  I'm assuming they'll only get an hour.  :roll:  :smth076

What an expensive hour this has turned into! I bought two tickets from Ebay.

crowbi_wan

If you plan on watching the live webcast you'll need to download Silverlight's browser plug-in.  Find it here http://kroq-data.com/index_alex2.asp#

jbud1980

i dunno crowbi, the cure took the stage at 10:15 when i saw them at the kroq inland invasion back in 2003 and that set was over two hours. actually, that was one of my favorite shows  (behind the hollywood bowl show in May) with classics such as the figurehead, primary, a strange day, fascination street, the kiss, and want being played.  :smth020

crowbi_wan

Quote from: jbud1980 on December 12, 2008, 05:52:58

i dunno crowbi, the cure took the stage at 10:15 when i saw them at the kroq inland invasion back in 2003 and that set was over two hours. actually, that was one of my favorite shows  (behind the hollywood bowl show in May) with classics such as the figurehead, primary, a strange day, fascination street, the kiss, and want being played.  :smth020

I hope 2 hours will be the case.   :rocker  Last year Muse headlined and ended at 11:10.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

sullen

" The Gibson Amphitheater is a great experience, with no curfew, no sound restrictions, and no seat more than 150 feet from the stage. "

We'll see what happens, that's not to say the radio station hasn't given them a time restriction however.

minisuperjennifer

How did all of you get your tickets? I bought two from Ebay. Log 16 I paid $190 a ticket.

I was totally set up to buy from TM but in less than a minute, their $80 tickets were sold out. They could only direct me to tickes now, their affiliate, whose tickets were around $200. Isn't that insider scalping!?

:smth011

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 12, 2008, 06:05:41
Quote from: jbud1980 on December 12, 2008, 05:52:58

I hope 2 hours will be the case.   :rocker  Last year Muse headlined and ended at 11:10.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Not to bag on Muse (have seen them twice and regard them as one of the best newer bands to come along) but they are by no means as big as The Cure, and thus, were probably not expected/anticipated/obligated to perform longer than an hour. With The Cure, we are in the midst of rock gods who probably had some sort of influence on the bands performing at the acoustic Christmas (hell, i saw the lead singer from AFI at The Cure show in Hollywood) and though a three hour set like the one's at the 4-tour would be great, I am confident that we will not be disappointed.  8)

pink ego box

sullen - I got an email early this afternoon telling me I can print my tickets.

minisuperjennifer  - my niece and I were on 2 different computers and both of us mispelled the security word and it said no available tickets so we went back and did 1 at a time and pulled up decent seats. I hate having to sit by myself but at least I'm there.

jbud1980 - Muse is my second fav band behind The Cure and their shows are unreal. I've seen them in a basement up to Wembley Stadium but they aren't known to put on very long shows. They probably headline with an hour and half.

pink ego box

Nevermind I didn't get my tickets yet. My niece misread the email.
It still says it takes 24 hours..and.....?

minisuperjennifer

Quote from: pink ego box on December 13, 2008, 07:58:31
Nevermind I didn't get my tickets yet. My niece misread the email.
It still says it takes 24 hours..and.....?

I bought my tickets through an broker on ebay. He said the TM would email him the tix last night. But I've not heard anything. Did anybody get their tix yet?

j

I haven't heard of anyone getting their tix yet.  I know that Sullen has not received his (he is actually flying right now and will land in 2 hours or so).  Not sure if he'll have time to post here or not....he may head over to the troubadour for the free show.

minisuperjennifer

Quote from: j on December 13, 2008, 17:50:30
I haven't heard of anyone getting their tix yet.  I know that Sullen has not received his (he is actually flying right now and will land in 2 hours or so).  Not sure if he'll have time to post here or not....he may head over to the troubadour for the free show.

Hi, thanks so much for writing! that is reassuring. Enjoy the show! Where are you sitting? I'm in Log16. I was wondering, do people really sit in their seats for this show? Or can you get up, dance, try to get into the pit? ;)

j

Just spoke with TM....call their customer service (800-653-8000) with your order number, address, and last 4 digits of your cc and they will manually release them