a recent photo of Mary

Started by Cure Freak, June 23, 2008, 19:14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

i'm looking for a recent photo of Mary. it's for a drawing.  i googled to death and got nowhere. i knew this wouldn't be an easy task to find of someone who is so camera shy. but if anyone  can help me. i greatly appreciate it.
thank you
:)

mint car

hmmm... it's very hard to find recent photo of Mary  :smth017
I found only photo from 2002 year...

[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

Cure Freak

mint car~ thank you, so much,  for your response. i have seen that one.
it maybe a hopeless case to find a really good recent photo. but, i thought i would give it a go, here.

Lady

Maybe it's just a case, but looking at that pic I find very curious how she's walking so distant from Robert and I can't understand the reason of their emarassment... :?
They're married and I think there's no need to avoid the paparazzi as if it was a common "flirt"! :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

APinkDream

I know I'm going to get totally bashed for saying this, but, I have never thought Mary was attractive ---- at all, and she dresses wierd too, I mean wtf is up with the outfit she's wearing in that pic? And the hat?
I've read comments from ppl on various Cure sites saying how pretty Mary is. Then when I finally saw a few pics of her .........  :shock: :roll:
  I guess she could be considered pretty, if you like the uni-brow look.
Robert makes a more attractive female than his wife does.
  Once again, this is my opinion. Not saying it's right or wrong ; just that it's mine.
RIO SUNRISE **** ON A STRAW
I RUB MY HEAD AND STAGGER OUT THE DOOR
AND HEAD INTO THE BRIGHT NEW BEAUTIFUL DAY
AND THE WAY SHE PULLS ME IN
SUCKS MY BREATH AWAY

I ASKED HER FOR SOME TIME
AND SHE JUST MADE ME IT
I ASKED HER MAYBE WHY?
AND SHE JUST GAVE ME IT

NEVER SMILE
NEVER STARE
SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL

nausearockpig

picturesofyou.us [might be incorrect site but just google it] has some images of her i believe

http://www.picturesofyou.us/poyindex.htm

japanesebaby

Quote from: APinkDream on September 04, 2008, 00:11:15
I know I'm going to get totally bashed for saying this, but, I have never thought Mary was attractive ---- at all, and she dresses wierd too, I mean wtf is up with the outfit she's wearing in that pic? And the hat?
I've read comments from ppl on various Cure sites saying how pretty Mary is. Then when I finally saw a few pics of her .........  :shock: :roll:
  Once again, this is my opinion. Not saying it's right or wrong ; just that it's mine.

i've no comments about the way she looks, but one thing i always really wondered about was all that weird-o stuff she was wearing at times, especially around '90. just go to watch 'play out' and you see what i mean. i guess i just never understood why anyone would want to to dress up in what she's wearing there. :eek:
because it's not even something kimono like - the material of that outfit looks very stiff, something more like a tent cloth. anyone wearing something like that just looks all clumsy and puffy and shapeless. 
if she wanted to wear some self-made exquisite all-white witch costum (or something :-P), hey there's nothing wrong with that. but she could have paid a bit more attention to the choice of material.

usually i don't give a damn about what people wear, it's not important. just as long as they wear something tidy and clean then it's everyone's own choice. but in cases like this it catches your eye: because clearly, with mary (on the 'play out' video) you're looking at a person who wants to pay a bit more extra attention to the way she looks like. and i think she could have made herself look quite gorgeous - but she chooses to make herself look like someone wearing a white tent. why? i think it's a question of aesthetics, of having an eye (or not having an eye) for something. perhaps i'm surprised because i'd kind of like to think she'd have an eye for things - but i'm seeing something that seems to tell me she doesn't seem to have it.
anyway, just my impression. and nothing so very important.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

revolt

Quote from: APinkDream on September 04, 2008, 00:11:15

Well, it kind of depends on the particular pictures, but on these she looks really pretty:

http://www.picturesofyou.us/photos/85-86/86-robandmarymag.htm

http://www.picturesofyou.us/photos/85-86/85-mary-rs-arm.htm

http://www.picturesofyou.us/86/86-puppet.htm

http://www.picturesofyou.us/86/86-maryrobertsmith.htm

http://www.picturesofyou.us/photos/90-91/p-90-10-after-jukeboxjury-mindy-mary-mw.htm

Unfortunately on her wedding pictures she hasn't come particularly well, I think, but no one can be photogenic all of the time.

Lady

I've always thought Mary was "pretty enough", nothing more. Anyway it depends on the concept of beauty that everyone has. :)
Surely she's a fascinating woman (maybe for her look, or because she's so mysterious!) and I think she's perfect for Robert, I can't imagine a different woman beside him...they look so similar and "accomplice"! :-D

And yes, it also depends on the pics: for istance I find her very nice in the third one and the fourth one posted by revolt, even if her make up is a little excessive! :)
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

revolt

Quote from: Lady on September 04, 2008, 14:52:42
And yes, it also depends on the pics: for istance I find her very nice in the third one and the fourth one posted by revolt, even if her make up is a little excessive! :)

Nice to see that somehow I managed to balance the way this thread was going... That "Robert makes a more attractive female" comment was  getting on my nerves.  ;)

APinkDream

RIO SUNRISE **** ON A STRAW
I RUB MY HEAD AND STAGGER OUT THE DOOR
AND HEAD INTO THE BRIGHT NEW BEAUTIFUL DAY
AND THE WAY SHE PULLS ME IN
SUCKS MY BREATH AWAY

I ASKED HER FOR SOME TIME
AND SHE JUST MADE ME IT
I ASKED HER MAYBE WHY?
AND SHE JUST GAVE ME IT

NEVER SMILE
NEVER STARE
SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE AT ALL

sues777

Why are we picking on Mary?  I actually like her style...

Quote from: Lady on September 04, 2008, 14:52:42
And yes, it also depends on the pics: for instance I find her very nice in the third one and the fourth one posted by revolt, even if her make up is a little excessive! :)

I think she looks lovely in those photos and don't think her makeup's excessive at all.  But then, I'm a child of the eighties...you should see my first passport photo (taken in the late eighities) - augh!!  :shock: 
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

~*CherryRed*~

Ah, Mrs Smith... I've not really thought of her as attractive or ugly. She is unique however, and I'm ashamed to say I stole a make-up idea from her! In (I think it is the third) photo revolt was kind enough to share with us, you may notice her lips are lined. I do that to my own, but in black. So I have to pay homage to Mrs Smith for that! In fact it was this photo that I just found on a website that inspired me:http://www.picturesofyou.us/86/86-mary-robert-vd-book-noframe.htm This photo is also in the book 'The Cure - A Visual Documentary'. That is where I first saw Mrs SMith, and those lips! Love it!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: nausearockpig on September 04, 2008, 08:50:27
picturesofyou.us [might be incorrect site but just google it] has some images of her i believe

http://www.picturesofyou.us/poyindex.htm

This site is really cool! It's off topic a bit here, but there are some great images of the band on there! I LOVE Simon's hair in the 2008 section of the photos. To be precise it says "02/13/2008 - Forum - Copenhagan (Denmark)"
I'm getting ideas again! LOL
"prone to flights of whimsy"

Lady

Quote from: APinkDream on September 04, 2008, 18:45:40
 IMO, Robert DOES make a more attractive woman.   :D

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2696/bboopfe5.png
Of course!!! Betty Boop is my heroine!! I love her!!! You should see all my Betty Boop-collection of badges, bags, etc!!! :-D  I've always thought Robert was a sort of male version of Betty...she would be a perfect woman for him, ahah!!! :lol: