itunes making gaps between songs when burning mp3s - help!

Started by japanesebaby, October 11, 2005, 16:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4If iTunes plays seemlessly, it obviously has something in the software that is creating the illusion of no gaps. But the gaps are surely there.

yes it is a bit confusing. & yes, i'm talking about mp3s only, not other formats.

and it all became even more confusing when the same person who provided me with this "zero-crossing point" explanation also said that the reason for that the gaps appear once you burn the files on cd is because itunes uses 'track-at-once', not 'disc-at-once' method. he suggested that i'd try roxio's toast (because it has dao) but at least pc users have informed me that the gaps appear, as we know. so i don't know if there really is a possibility that toast with mac would remove the gaps?? so far i don't know anyone who had tried this, but i'm a bit doubtful... at least i'm not going to buy the software for just to find out

i really haven't figured out what it is in itunes that "erases" the gaps as long as you play the files via that software, but all my mp3 playlists are certainly perfectly seamless.
but as you said, there is no hard-drive big enough for this sort of storaging... mine is bursting already...
but still, at least i get gapless mp3 shows as long as i bother loading the files back to itunes & playing them via that - so it could be worse i guess

anyway, i'm glad to hear someone else saying that the gap isn't actually standard, because i've been thinking that i've been just imagining things here once again  :wink:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine