Cure album between Wild Mood Swings and Bloodflowers?

Started by sadchild, November 01, 2017, 16:58:12

Previous topic - Next topic

sadchild

Does anyone know anything about an album the band began to record after WMS and before Bloodflowers?

The Billboard Bullet
April 1, 1998

The Cure, who have remained quite active since the release of their last studio album Wild Mood Swings in 1996, has entered a London studio this week to begin work on the follow-up. ... The set, tentatively scheduled for release in September, is the last release for Elektra Entertainment...

The working title for the album was Christmas, however sources close to the band say that title has been rejected. The actual title has not been decided upon, but it appears to be a horse race between Shatter (which has been pegged as the albums closing track, and is described as a 9 minute Cure epic. The most heart-wrenching lyrics Robert [Smith] has ever written) and Sex (a suggestion from bassist Simon Gallup that always seems to pop up. Simon has been wanting "Sex" for more than 15 years, and he may finally get his wish).

Some of the songs that are expected to make the final cut include: Seaside (possibly the lead-off single), Leave, Trip Up, Three Rings, Never For You (a very intense "guitar" song), Hope (sort of a sequel to Faith, dark and beautiful), Swallow, Of All The Years Missed, Theme (a 6 minute instrumental with [keyboardist] Roger [O'Donnell] on synths and Robert on the 6-string bass. No drums or guitars) and the aforementioned Shatter.

The band reportedly have 30 songs complete, of which 20 will be recorded. 12 of those tracks are expected for the album, 4 for b-side's, and 4 more that are destined for "special projects". One of those, entitled Fear, will end up on Elektra's X-Files:Blackwood movie soundtrack (due in May).

http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cure/press/I113.html
The way she pulls me in sucks my breath away

Matti

and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

sadchild

Special report by April Phoolz

Oh man I've been phooled lol!!
The way she pulls me in sucks my breath away