Best of: Disintegration

Started by dsanchez, January 19, 2006, 17:45:26

Previous topic - Next topic

which is your favourite song in this album?

Plainsong
22 (19%)
Pictures Of You
10 (8.6%)
Closedown
2 (1.7%)
Love Song
2 (1.7%)
Last Dance
6 (5.2%)
Lullaby
3 (2.6%)
Fascination Street
6 (5.2%)
Prayers For Rain
10 (8.6%)
The Same Deep Water As Yo
19 (16.4%)
Disintegration
23 (19.8%)
Homesick
7 (6%)
Untitled
6 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 99

mirrorpiggy

very difficult decision for me - could have been untitled, plainsong, disintegration, but i finally chose same deep water as you,
because, well, it's simply overwhelming

cureterra

imposible to choose only one! :)
*** VANILLA SMILE ***

yrbadrenau

arrghh !!! difficult... but today i say Plainsong. This is a great introduction of the album and i can remember how happy i felt the first time i heard this song (it was the day of the french release of the album, i missed the class to buy it  8)  :twisted: ) : it was just perfect, exactely what i expected from the best band in the world. and the lyrics are so beautiful...
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

curiosa

"prayers for rain" by far, this song is absolutely dark (one can imagine being stuck in heavy rainfall, wet clothes) great guitar and robert's singing brilliant

curiosa frank

Nicolas

For me it's definitely Disintegration itself, especially the Triology in Berlin version.  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049  :smt049

Strunz4

Prayers for rain for me, too.

Intense and upbuilding. Great.

Tom

Cheshire Cat

Pictures Of You, for the memories and because of the lyrics and melody. Seems a simple song but its structure is very complex.

elpijajr

forme its plainsong, the best opening for the bestrecord. its atmosfere is so calm and makes me feel my stomach dizzy. the voice ofrobert its unique and theechoeffect uffff

cureterra

Quote from: yrbadrenauPlainsong is a great introduction of the album and i can remember how happy i felt the first time i heard this song.

yes! i feel the same! :-)
*** VANILLA SMILE ***

Sussex

I pick the whole classic common greatest hits:

:-D

LULLABY!
"Thick As Shit"

Bloodflower

The Same Deep Water As You.

Though the entire album is incredible, The Same Deep Water As You just really stands out to me.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

KingOfSomeIsland

This is pretty much impossible for me, Plainsong, Pictures of You, and Disintegration are all incredible no matter how you cut it. and Closedown holds a special place with me as well.

Ill prolly say Plainsong tho, although Disintegration comes so close...

Dillinger

none for lullaby!? thats shameful, i would have voted fascination street but still, c'mon.

i also think the polls shouldnt have a time limit, there are always new members arriving and chances of them sticking around are higher if they can jump right in with the posting, a opportunity these albums polls give

adam60

I was also looking at it and i couldnm't believe no one voted for Lullaby. It's one of the highlights on the triology.

Fantastic album. hard to chose just one song but I love Prayers For rain. Really under rated and great lyrics.